Author Topic: For those that mentioned finance...  (Read 601 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: For those that mentioned finance...
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 08:09:07 PM »
come on AMD or other sellers, I am positive you would get more sales.

How many cars would they sell at a car yard if you had to come in with a pocket full of cash - bugger all. Thats why they offer finance just like Harvey Norman. I even use to work at a RV place and they did that as well for up to $200k.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 09:18:54 PM »
I think finance and pinball may be a mistake???

Amusement stuff I believe should be treated as a nice thing to have if you can afford it. Hate to see people having to flog games for nix to try and be out of a debt they should never have had
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 09:24:38 PM »
I think finance and pinball may be a mistake???

Amusement stuff I believe should be treated as a nice thing to have if you can afford it. Hate to see people having to flog games for nix to try and be out of a debt they should never have had

100% agree - financing luxury items is stupidity in my opinion - including holidays.

That said, that's my view on the matter, if people want to spend money that's not even their's on luxury items, its their problem.

Too much 'must have now' attitude in society at the moment...

PS - I'm not a grumpy old fart, am 34 and see so many people around me in financial trouble because they just 'had' to have whatever it was at that point in time....and then of course a month or so later, the next best thing, why not just go into more debt?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 01:31:21 AM »
mmm, diagree totally....finance payments on a $7,000 item would be peanuts.... $75 a week over 2 years, or $55 a week over 3 yrs apx using very general figures.    If someone cant afford that, time to get a new job. Most people spend that on alcohol or cigarettes, gambling or something else useless weekly probably...(each to their own)

Most luxury items are financed by the average Joe Blow, and thats the whole idea why people work their ass of 5 or 7 days a week, so they can afford the small nice things in life...and make a small payment each week or month to enjoy some nice things on their 1 or 2 days off.....

We could all buy pushbikes, live in tents, and never have to finance a car or house ever again....and u might save 10 bux a week on interest...probably not the best way to do things...we live in 2012, in a modern beautiful country...i dont think someone financing a pinball if they want to is going to hurt anybody.....most people are financially responsible...

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 03:21:14 AM »
Most luxury items are financed by the average Joe Blow, and thats the whole idea why people work their ass of 5 or 7 days a week, so they can afford the small nice things in life...and make a small payment each week or month to enjoy some nice things on their 1 or 2 days off.....

That rationale sounds like a dog chasing its own tail.

Plus it erodes the concept of setting goals through saving.

Either way it is an incurred debt on a luxury (and nearly always depreciable) item.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 03:26:08 AM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »

That rationale sounds like a dog chasing its own tail.

Plus it erodes the concept of setting goals through saving.

Either way it is an incurred debt on a luxury (and nearly always depreciable) item.

What do u call working for most of your teenage to late adult life to acquire and pay off a house whilst raising a family....a dog chasing its own tail.
Thats life.

Its not 1950....some people actually want to enjoy the new car or new pinny or net jetski or new bigger house or whatever it is, today, not in ten years when they finally save all the money.....and by then, the increase in price would roughly equate to the overall interest used by having finance anyway....
  Also, paying the small payments on things, is setting goals through saving....or how else do people set aside n save the money to make the regular payments.lol   Some people are clueless about credit and how to use it....but overall Finance is a helpful tool for some, not a neccessity...

and, b4 anyone starts, i have and do pay cash for my pinball machines, but i still see nothing wrong with anyone using finance responsibly either...

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 11:44:54 AM »
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:46:46 AM by The Stern Opinion »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 11:53:05 AM »
I dont want or use finance for pinballs personally, i mentioned that...but dozens of companies like HSBC, St George, Suncorp, ANZ etc etc etc have finance packages geared for the small business retailer and have had for years...why its not used in the pinball Industry is a mystery, but i suspect no one bothering might be close to the mark (except KJWHFun)....

i said it on another post...imagine a caryard without finance.  &^&

(update added below half a dozen hours later)

**Whilst I havent used finance to ever buy a pinball, I think finance for pinball machines is the key, a major key to blowing this industry wide open to make pinballs much more poular and even set up and included in much more homes.....   Jest ski sales have a finance rate of around 75 percent and motor bikes have over a 65 percent take up rate I am told by the 2 x Gold Coat respective assosciations....simply put, finance is a major driving force to get people involved and participating....

Also whilst i have a different opinion about whether or not finance usage is a good or bad thing, the original posters (robm and pinballgod) above who have the opposite ideas to finance arent worong at all, we just have different opinions....the points the guys did make which are extremely valid are that finance can cause major problems for families down ther track if payments cant be made, and or resulting in credit rating hassles etc, so their cautious approach is also something that all people shld take into account before deciding etc. I dont want to get anyone offside cause I have such a different view on finance....I think we all just want to see more pinballs out there in more people homes, which ever way it works best to the individual.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:01:59 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 05:59:39 PM »
What do u call working for most of your teenage to late adult life to acquire and pay off a house whilst raising a family....a dog chasing its own tail.
Thats life.

If you want to draw a comparison between obtaining finance/loan to purchase a primary appreciable asset and purchasing a luxury depreciable item go right ahead.

Perhaps I should post a list of my investment properties for "net cred"?  !!@

Woof woof.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »
Thats life.

If you want to draw a comparison between obtaining finance/loan to purchase a primary appreciable asset and purchasing a luxury depreciable item go right ahead.

Perhaps I should post a list of my investment properties for "net cred"?  !!@

Woof woof.

you are being quite irrelevant ? and quite off the mark n silly for some reason in all respect by introducing the wank symbol and mentioning net cred /investment properties etc....I dont know if u are being serious or being comedic..but you have confused me with that weird left field post...lol

again, no one ever talked about net assets, investment properties or net cred..so why u would even raise that escapes me...

what was being discussed was obtaining or not obtaining finance to purchase the things in life that people want...luxury or not luxury is irrelevant...finance is finance...put simply, people chose to buy the things in life that gives them enjoyment....

no one has to buy a house, they can rent forever, but owing a nice dbl story house with a pool and a big games room is a choice (just a generalised example), and a appreciating asset...chosing a pinball machine, and also financing it, like the house is a choice.....people buy pinballs for fun, not primarily for investment profit soi i cant see why u would want to seperate or compare one item to another in terms of appreciating or depreciating...financing something you want is the aim of the original conversation.

Theres no need to bark (woof woof) or add a wank symbol cause that just spins the conversation off into a irrelevant and un-needed unfriendly direction. Anyway, lets keep the topic back on track and talk about if finance is good for pinball versus the goods n bads of finance which is another thread altogether.....I would like to see every Stern dealer offering a great finance package.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:01:39 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 07:11:50 PM »
How many litres is the pool?  

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 07:13:50 PM »
No harm in getting finance for a pinnie.. TV.. sofa or anything else you want to pay for over time. Personally i dont like finance and steer clear of it but my wife handles it all very well and gets a lot of 0% over 12 - 24 months. Its always paid up in time and leaves the bulk $$'s in the account.
The link i posted had 0% for 6 months.. thats an ACDC paid for over 6 months at no extra cost... now why wouldnt you?

Offline v8racefan

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »
Yep I agree

Finance for a new pin is ok, I part funded my AC DC pro purchase on a credit card some great deals ie rates under 1% for 12 months, so no brainer for me, smart finance.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 04:24:38 PM »
Yep I agree

Finance for a new pin is ok, I part funded my AC DC pro purchase on a credit card some great deals ie rates under 1% for 12 months, so no brainer for me, smart finance.

Same here. I got a Westpac low rate Visa card for my AC/DC Pro purchase. I never imagined I'd ever buy a new in box machine and this helped my deposit along quite a bit. The low rate Visa also had 0% interest for 6 months which was icing on the cake. Before I rushed into anything, I went through my finances and budgeted a monthly repayment plan. Financing a pinball machine like this might not be for everyone, but I am happy with my decision and have had a heap of fun out of AC/DC Pro along with my partner, family and friends.