Author Topic: HAS the Shine worn off & dissapeared somewhat ? Re WOZ ?  (Read 1374 times)

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
Sorry off topic......

so if I annoy you, simply move on to the next persons thread. If u think u might learn something or have a laugh once in a while have a read...its all just for discussion and anti-boredom reasons I try to contribute.lol  Maybe i will take a month off typing so i dont annoy all of you which is not what i have ever tried to do meaningly.lol

No way cavey, I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts. Your passion for this hobby and site is awesome.  @@*

No need for a month off......Ill have nothing to read and agree, laugh, sigh or roll my eyes at.  %.%

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
im not sure because i havent ordered one, however when it was first released i hated everything about it, now i recon im sold on the idea, still not the theme but almost everything else above it, after all those pictures in the factory and of the quality cab and a list of features im actually excited about it.
so im going to say i am more excited about it now and hope to play one.

there is allot more discussion of late about WOZ than avengers.

%.%

Sold on a pin that hasn't even been released ? With customers like you, JJP is on a winner.

I think the theme is about as lame as it could be, but i'll reserve my judgement until i can see and play the game in the flesh.

Umm since when did i say im a customer??

the question was, has the luster worn off the woz pin or is there still that anticipation for its release?

i said i think there is, because i have gone from not caring if i see one or not to actually hoping i get a chance to play it.

arent you stern boys all cheering about how fantastic Avengers is with out seeing or playing it, didnt you buy your acdc machine before you played it??? bit hypocritical on your behalf there mate. I guess with customers like you stern is onto a winner??

hyprocritical ? lol

No on all fronts buddy. AC/DC is the ultimate theme for me, but i refused to place a deposit until i could play it in the flesh and make my own decision
regardless of how many glowing reports it was getting.

Same goes for Avengers and any pinball regardless of the theme.

You said you are now sold on WOZ. I'm simply saying i can't believe anyone can buy or rave on about a game without having played it or even seen it in person.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:55:26 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:04:43 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
im not sure because i havent ordered one, however when it was first released i hated everything about it, now i recon im sold on the idea, still not the theme but almost everything else above it, after all those pictures in the factory and of the quality cab and a list of features im actually excited about it.
so im going to say i am more excited about it now and hope to play one.

there is allot more discussion of late about WOZ than avengers.

%.%

Sold on a pin that hasn't even been released ? With customers like you, JJP is on a winner.

I think the theme is about as lame as it could be, but i'll reserve my judgement until i can see and play the game in the flesh.

Umm since when did i say im a customer??

the question was, has the luster worn off the woz pin or is there still that anticipation for its release?

i said i think there is, because i have gone from not caring if i see one or not to actually hoping i get a chance to play it.

arent you stern boys all cheering about how fantastic Avengers is with out seeing or playing it, didnt you buy your acdc machine before you played it??? bit hypocritical on your behalf there mate. I guess with customers like you stern is onto a winner??

hyprocritical ? lol

No on all fronts buddy. AC/DC is the ultimate theme for me, but i refused to place a deposit until i could play it in the flesh and make my own decision
regardless of how many glowing reports is was getting.

Same goes for Avengers and any pinball regardless of the theme.

You said you are now sold on WOZ. I'm simply saying i can't believe anyone can buy or rave on about a game without having played it or even seen it in person.

im raving about some of the innovations about this machine and i have gone from totally disliking this game to wanting to go out of my way to play it?.
how hard is that to understand?.

again if you read my post, i don't mention i am a customer which you accused me of being.

You're judging a game based on pictures from the factory and quality of the cab, again from photos. I'm simply saying i would wait until i can see and play it in person before claiming i'm sold on the machine. What about audio and gameplay ? How can it be the ducks guts if you haven't played it ?

If you can be sold on WOZ or any game before it's even released, so be it. I simply can't.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria

Righto guys, keep it civil please. Debate the game all you like, keep the personal attacks off the forum.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Wow I almost skipped this entire thread hope there wasn't anything good in it?

I've seen plenty of video of the game inside and out title is terrible looks the goods but ill save my comments till I see one in a few days.       Must suck for those who have made a deposit not sure why anyone else even cares??

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Not even 24 hrs and we have new advertising/media content to talk about....is it a bad idea already...or a smart idea ?
The publicity/media release about the Hobbitt from JJP is an example of how their marketing stradegy is sooo different to Sterns....releasing the info even before the movies have come n gone...what happens if the movies are bad stinkers..its a big risk there i would have thought ?...espescially since the Lord of the Rings movies have been done to death....it seems to me the hobbit will be the kids version without the killing n fighting scenes which attracted the adults....

Cutting out the middle man...mistake or meant to be from JJP ?

Another thing I wondered about, which no one has mentioned if they have picked up on it yet, is that you can order directly thru JJP for a lower cost than u can by ordering thru a JJP distributor at a higher cost....Stern doesnt do this ofcourse, and its not a practice I thought would keep JJP dealers happy at all since they get cut out of the equation and dont make a cent $ commission....does anyone else think thats a bad idea....

Its not done with jetski products, motorbikes, any type of new cars or any other luxury items i know of...I always thought a company was only as strong as its retail franchisees or agents in this case.....and wont alot of people order directly thru JJP to save the initial $500, or if they dont quite know the new local JJP agent yet ?....I think this is a mistake....I cant see how local JJP agents wouldnt get the shits on this one..someone ask Jack why he does that next time u send him a email...or perhaps the JJP agents may have already voiced their concerns already...its certainly a easy way to lose dealers for your products by cutting out the middle man...no profits here if people order thru the factory...wow..unheard of to me....
thoughts on this anyone ?

and again, it seems nothing will be left to the imagination with the next JJP title...wouldnt a big surprise be better to capture the publics attention...also, does this now mean some people who were hanging off buying a std WOZ to say mid to late 2013, will now wait, knowing some std WOZ product will still surely be sitting around at JJP or its dealers,n wait til the new Hobbit title comes out n wait n see if they want the Hobbit machine first/instead of committing to the std WOZ..    again, I thought this was a mistake...but i could be wrong...wouldnt you maximise the sales on every single WOZ machine before pulling the focus off and pushing it towards something so far away in 2014....also, Stern would have done 10 machines by then...this is why i keep thinking JJP isnt a threat to Stern, cause JJP's production timesn titles so far are a bit soft...anyway, makes for good discussion...

what u guys think of the dealers getting cut out of their commissions by factory direct ordering.. !@#
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:49:57 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Cavey... you base all your questions why dont they do it the STERN way in mind over many threads... it doesnt matter if JJP dont so things the Stern way... its really not important. Stern are only leaders in the industry cos there is no real industry. I doubt that any of the new pinball manufacturers aspire to be like the Stern model of things, chances are they want to be quite different.
We know you love Stern but in all honesty the company sucks and it is a lonely island you stand on

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
I only use Stern cause its the only other full sized manufacturing pinball company in the industry compared to JJP, and ofcourse people will naturally use them as something to compare too...doesnt mean Stern is right, just means they are open for business...alot of the things they do , do work...so when u do things completely the oopposite way for arguments sake, it it a shock to people or a blessing..I am just asking the questions, its up to others to throw in the answers for discussion purposes...

also, if Stern sell aox 10,000 BNIB units a year, or even half of that, its alot better than no units....lol

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
 <..>
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:03:05 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Cavey... you base all your questions why dont they do it the STERN way in mind over many threads... it doesnt matter if JJP dont so things the Stern way... its really not important. Stern are only leaders in the industry cos there is no real industry. I doubt that any of the new pinball manufacturers aspire to be like the Stern model of things, chances are they want to be quite different.
We know you love Stern but in all honesty the company sucks and it is a lonely island you stand on

Need to cut Stern down off their pedestal. Before AC/DC, their releases (other than Spiderman and Ironman) have been mediocre at best. JJP are the new kids on the block, and Jack WAS Sterns biggest distributor before he started JJP. So Jack KNOWS what Stern does badly, and therefore, he will be introducing different methods of manufacturing, licensing, distributing, marketing - Stern are shaking in their boots. That's the most obvious fact since WOZ was introduced into the market.

First of All, Hobbit and LOTR are adult / nerd oriented. It will be as big as any blockbuster. Stern missed this license. They had the opportunity before JJP came along (so the rumor goes).

"Middle Man" - Well Stern used to do this themselves before Gary cracked down on rouge "distributors" 2-3 years ago. My concern with JJP are that their distributors need to be thoroughly checked for technical expertise. They will need to be trained on marketing, distribution and technical. Most distributors / dealers have no clue on 20 year old hardware, so they will need some serious "up-skilling" ! WOZ will be a huge test after one or two months post sales. No decent tech support will ruin all the hard yards JJP have earned so far.

Buying direct from JJP ? I would encourage it - as long as the warranty is still applicable on Aussie Machines. But that is more because I have a technical background.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
Q - for discusssion purposes, what about all the JJP dealers getting cut out of a sales commission with JJP encouraging internet direct ordering thru them directly at cheaper prices ??...how do JJP make money...doesnt that encourage selling Stern products where the factory doesnt cut u out ?...

I note, the motor bike industry, jetski industry or even the car industry worldwide dont do it or u dont have dealers offering/marketing your products...no one has answered that directly yet ? I wonder what the feeling from the JJP dealers is (off the record response ofcourse would be the best to really hear #@#)

If the Hobbit movie is for adults, why was the book given out to kids at age 10 to 12 years at schools for the last 40 years ? I say it will be a flop...the LOTR has been done to death..just watch the Hobbit youtube stuff, it puts u too sleep...will anyone on here really be running out to watch the Hobbit at the cinemas (without their kids ?)...

I cant see Stern shaking in their boots at all over JJP in any way shape or form, I just cant...how can they...they will release 10 machines by the time JJP does a 2nd title...JJPs entry to the market is massively over-rated by most i think respectfully...its welcomed, yes, but over rated...

.....still want to hear what people think about JJP dealers getting cut out of sales commissions...

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Q - for discusssion purposes, what about all the JJP dealers getting cut out of a sales commission with JJP encouraging internet direct ordering thru them directly at cheaper prices ??...how do JJP make money...doesnt that encourage selling Stern products where the factory doesnt cut u out ?...

You just answered your own question. JJP make money from EITHER direct sales or distributors. Again, you use Stern as a measuring stick. This is JJP, not Stern !!

I note, the motor bike industry, jetski industry or even the car industry worldwide dont do it or u dont have dealers offering/marketing your products...no one has answered that directly yet ? I wonder what the feeling from the JJP dealers is (off the record response ofcourse would be the best to really hear #@#)

Irrelevant ! This is the pinball industry - or what is left of it. There are several bike manufacturers and dealerships EVERYWHERE.

If the Hobbit movie is for adults, why was the book given out to kids at age 10 to 12 years at schools for the last 40 years ? I say it will be a flop...the LOTR has been done to death..just watch the Hobbit youtube stuff, it puts u too sleep...will anyone on here really be running out to watch the Hobbit at the cinemas (without their kids ?)...

The book was not handed out to primary school children. Clutching at straws here. Obviously you don't like the theme, so I don't see the point in banging your head against the wall.

I cant see Stern shaking in their boots at all over JJP in any way shape or form, I just cant...how can they...they will release 10 machines by the time JJP does a 2nd title...JJPs entry to the market is massively over-rated by most i think respectfully...its welcomed, yes, but over rated...

I can, and so can every single person that discusses the subject. Who cares how many games Stern release in 12 months ? For God's sake, in the last 20 years they have released only a handful of decent machines, and only recently, they have lifted their game (to compete with JJP) - So that's undeniable proof that Stern are crapping themselves. EVERYONE sees this, and EVERYONE knows this !!

.....still want to hear what people think about JJP dealers getting cut out of sales commissions...

Don't care how they sell their games. I just hope they learnt from the mistakes Stern keep making with the "toy" pinballs and attempting to distribute through Costco etc.. JJP has "distributors" - they "distribute" the game. I think you will find that the price will be very similar if you bought from a local dealer, or bought from JJP. Buying direct means you need to pay shipping etc. So it would most likely be the same. Again, to answer the question - "I don't care how they distribute the game".
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
The first question was meant to ask how the JJP dealers make money if everyone orders directly thru JJP ?  hence the JJP dealer gets cut out of a sales commission...its not irrelevant to other sales industries, cause sales agents/franchisees bring in volume..volume shld be important...who will buy thru a JJP agent if JJP head office undercuts JJP sales agents with cheaper prices...does no one see a ethical problem with this...slaes agents shouldnt have to compete against the manufacturer cause they can never win....no other industry does it..maybe for a reason i would suggest...!

anyway, my monies on Stern for the next few years at least....Sterns MY measuring stick til JJP builds a better title than AC/DC, X Men or Avengers (if its good)...WOZ hasnt done it yet...OK, going to bed to re-read the Hobbitt.lol

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Who said it was a race?

Nobody has said that JJP will put Sten out of business

it is only pinball, pinball is meant to be fun
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 12:36:25 AM by Pop Bumper Pete »