Author Topic: Data East Star Wars new ROM with added Timed Ball Save & more  (Read 1811 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Data East Star Wars new ROM with added Timed Ball Save & more
« on: December 26, 2012, 10:50:26 AM »
Great news for owners of this game. Chadh from pinside has been working on rewriting the rules for this game, and has now released the completed code - which you can download here http://www.pinballcode.com/, or order the burned ROM if you want to reward him for his efforts (or you can donate on the site).

Interestingly, Stern is also listing the update on their website as well - http://www.sternpinball.com/Community/Blogs/news/data-east-star-wars-pinball-20th-anniversary-code-update.aspx

Regret selling that game a little now, would have loved to have tried this out.  !!! Looking forward to hearing any member feedback.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:58:20 AM by pinnies4me »
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
 ^^^

Makes me wish I had this game, the upgrades sound interesting

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Hopefully people get behind Chad and buy the ROM off him to make it all worth his while.  I think in many ways, guys like this have a big role to play in the future of pinball, in particular, older machines.
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Hopefully people get behind Chad and buy the ROM off him to make it all worth his while.  I think in many ways, guys like this have a big role to play in the future of pinball, in particular, older machines.

Agreed. I know some guys are just taking the image and selling burned ROM- be nice if they added a few dollars and donated the extra, rather than just taking the profit.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
i will be charging an extra $5 on top of what i usually charge and passing the $5 on to chad, any more than this i am sure most people will get it off some one else (someone out side of aussie pinball not the other sponsors who also supply roms)
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Excellent stuff! I'll be buying this update for sure.  $#$
 It'd be nice now if Stern would also release reproductions of the cabinet art work too. It'd certainly save me some stuffing about!

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
i will be charging an extra $5 on top of what i usually charge and passing the $5 on to chad, any more than this i am sure most people will get it off some one else (someone out side of aussie pinball not the other sponsors who also supply roms)

Chad specifically asked that I not program the ROM and instead send people requesting it to him.

I have been honoring his wishes.

While DE SW is not one of my favorite titles, I have hope that other games in my collection will be in line if this is worth his or others while.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I have had no such request,
If I do then people will just get someone else in Australia to do it and then Chad gets nothing at all.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
Believe it or not, a couple people who I told to buy direct from Chad... did!

It surprised me as well.

Sounds like he's selling quite a few of these at his price... hopefully it means there will be more updates for other games!

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW

That's a great idea Beaky. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic

That's a great idea Beaky. 

thanks mate,
I can understand ordering from chad if you are in the USA but once you add shipping to Australia on top of the $50 the price becomes a bit expensive for a Rom.
I had one fellow in the USA who wasn't happy with the postage cost for me to send a "special" wpc rom to the states ($14 postage)