Author Topic: acdc  (Read 764 times)

Offline kvernon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Katoomba, Blue Mountains, NSW Australia
Re: Cash box daily cleanout
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2013, 11:27:51 PM »
I don't know how often the pinball machine was emptied at work - a couple of times a year I think-  the Tommy I bought recently - but on last emptying it had $686.
When my boss took the Kiss machine home the guys complained how heavy it was  - the cash box had $600 in it- they didn't think to check it as they assumed no one really played them anymore.

Only 2 other pinnys in Katoomba when I moved here( apart from the ones almost hidden away at work which have gone from public use now) were a Spiderman machine in a nearby pub which I used to play with my BF but they got rid of it - reason was "It caused fights"  ^&^

Then the cinema had a big range of coin games but only one pinball which they got rid of, it was  a Simpsons one. Meant I'd walk in and huff out feeling let down

Now I've got Tommy at home I can't think of another place that has them. Sad. No wonder I bought it (one of the many reasons).
I think they belong in milkbars  & cafes; that's how I learnt about them  ^^^

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 01:24:12 AM »
I know the management at snooker world on the gold coast now has 3 pinball machines and he plans to get more in.  $#$
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 03:48:32 AM »
Good thread thanks for sharing, seems like all sorts of folks like playing sited pinballs maybe there's hope?

Peter

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 09:06:30 AM »
I am surprised that shopping centres like Westfields do not have amusement machines. Years ago as a kid I went to Roselands and Westfields Hurstville in Sydney to play pinnies. They both had a dozen or so machines each. Roselands got rid of them by the mid 70s and 3 that I played to death were Rancho, Gulfstream and Superstar. Hurstville was where Black Knight got me well and truly hooked in 1981. Strikes and Spares, Star Trek, Kiss and Mata Hari also come to mind.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2013, 10:18:47 AM »
Interesting insight, good to see sited pinball making some money. Just a shame there are not many sited pins around anymore

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2013, 11:35:09 AM »
The Goldy seems to have random machines spread around. When I talk to some places that had them the main complaint is they seem to be out of service more than straight electronic games. Maybe people abuse them more - electronic games done tilt. When located in a shop, I don't think this would be as much of a problem as a pub/bowling alley where noise drowns out the destructive noises. I know our local bowling alley has an Adamas Family and a pool based game, neither of which have been working for the past year.

Any place where you have time to wait for something eg food order, is an ideal place to have a machine. Makes the time waiting go faster, so everyone is happy.

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2013, 12:34:33 PM »
Last time I had the boys over for a pinball day at my place I told them it was $1 per game and I kept a tab. If they won a credit I would either credit a dollar from there tab or let them play the credit . At the end of the day from 4 machines (and 5 guys playing them) I had made around $300.
It made no difference though because when it came time to settle up they all told me to shove it and went home @.@
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:36:21 PM by spacejam0 »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »
I suppose a new pinball is a huge investment for an op if it makes say $200 a week so putting a 2.5k machine in is a better idea as it pays for itself much quicker and there's tons of attractive games in that price range. If I see a game onside no matter what it is i will put sum coin in it.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2013, 04:56:38 PM »
Just put a X Men Pro in and be done with it.....kids n adults will put alot more $$money into that then the title u currently have.

It is very likely people will make the effort to come to your shop just to play the pinny, then spend money whilst they are there, versus only coming there for food, and playing the much much older machine whilst they wait.

At least with a modern game like X Men Pro, everyone can relate to it and almost the vast majority of people will know the theme.
Less upkeep, easier to finance, and tax deductions n depreciation all easy to come by, and a keeper of a pin after the shop has paid it off with the coin it will bring in.

AMD were doing the X Men Pros for $5950 (instead of $6200) and I think they only have one left.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2013, 06:06:58 PM »
Get a Fishtales then...u sell fish n chips.
Put a fish n chips special price sign on top of the machine as a topper, above the factory cod fish. Most takeaway shops sell flake or cod.

Fishtales would work in a takeaway shop. Better machine than a Diner to play/keep etc, and cheaper to buy, easier to service n get stuff for etc.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »
The beauty of this is that you are basically getting a pinball machine for free - it pays itself off over time! Love it!

Now I just have to decide what country town I want to set up a cafe or pizza shop in! If only!!

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2013, 12:52:20 AM »
I know the management at snooker world on the gold coast now has 3 pinball machines and he plans to get more in.  $#$

the goldy seems to have a few pinballs sited doesnt it beaky?
is snooker world clients of yours?, are they buying new pins or the classics?

you do allot of repairs are you seeing more sited pins now Andrew?
yes they are a client of mine. and they are buying classics.
I have done some repairs and i am working with them to get the machines up to the best condition they can be. I spent several hours on one machine before xmas and i have to go back and finish it off.

I am not seeing many more sited pins but I am getting more and more customers every month.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)