Author Topic: Pinball Cleopatra 1977 Gottlieb's  (Read 286 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Pinball Cleopatra 1977 Gottlieb's
« on: January 13, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
Just saw this on eBay. I've never seen one before. Anyone here owned or played one?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PINBALL-CLEOPATRA-1977-GOTTLIEBS-/230907761245?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item35c32cd25d&_uhb=1#ht_868wt_922

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Pinball Cleopatra 1977 Gottlieb's
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 08:00:52 PM »
Nope - havent played one but im always wary of drops in the centre of the PF.. normally makes the ball go straight down the middle.
Listing says " fully restored" but its clearly not..
can see that someone has tried to peel a Bumper Action sticker off the LHS of the apron too

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »
The last two pics of the playfield are NOT from the same game.. check the apron, different stickers stuck to them  ::)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 08:24:37 PM »
Ahhh, they must be before and after the machine was fully restored.

I haven't played on but I do like the old Sys 1 machines.  Once you have done necessary mods to the boards they don't seem to give any trouble. 
Addicted to pins.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2013, 08:33:15 PM »
Cleopatra  - - - - -  (((  (((  (((  (((  (((  (((  (((
DW Drums rule !

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2013, 09:04:54 PM »
i own one and i love it.it was my first project.i have got the pascal board in mine.and all the connectors were new in the head box because i had to make the loom. $#$
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 09:29:55 PM »
The last two pics of the playfield are NOT from the same game.. check the apron, different stickers stuck to them  ::)

I didn't notice that, but that is just bad form. I nearly brought a BOP last year from a private eBay seller until they sent the extra photos I requested and I noticed a difference on one of them. I only noticed it a the last minute to. Other wise I'd have driven the hour and a half to pick it up the next day only to find that the machine was not as nice as the one I thought I was buying.  ^.^ You have to wonder what they thought I was going to do when I turned up and saw the differences. When I pointed it out on the phone they changed the story about five times and told me they'd send pics of the real machine. I then received an email about 10min later to tell me that one of the boards had developed a problem and they'd let me know when they fix it..... Never heard from them again, which didn't bother me in the slightest. I was disappointed to have not found the nice BOP I thought I had though.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 11:02:21 AM »

Good pick up Mitch. Not the same game, or they swapped out the aprons. $1500 is a bit expensive for this title unless it is restored. Good player, but not is the same league as Genie, Sinbad or Joker Poker.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia