Author Topic: LE Hulk going cheap?  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
Re: LE Hulk going cheap?
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2013, 12:49:11 AM »
reason for selling is I need the money right know, but didnt at the time it should be here about late January 2013.

!!@ The guy would have only payed a $2000 deposit so far if he was going through distributor. Technically he does not own the machine yet.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2013, 12:57:12 AM »
Even if he payed the $$$ lot, IMO, it looks like he may be fishing for profit.
I wonder if he has 2 x of them. One to keep, and one to make money on to subsidize the one he may keep ?

Its a sad day in pinball when people may be trying to profiteer on a LE, and the LE isnt even in the country as yet. I could be wrong...... !@#

Lets see if the listing stays, and if so, hopefully someone on here might win a cheap Hulk LE ?  !@# Time will tell. Ebay will only pull the auction if it gets 3 or more reports.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:38:46 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 02:07:28 AM »
I don't see a problem with the listing. It is basically just a "pre-order", which is done all the time on ebay for software, dvds etc.

I just call bs on the reason for the listing. If you legitimately "need the money right now" you would think that you would have a buy it now or best offer type of sale, rather than potentially risk losing money. I think he is fishing for a profit.

Offline Ant68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 08:20:00 AM »
Could legit .
I'm no expert with ebay , but I always thought you can not sell something you don't have possession of ?
But I will look into it , I'll ring my account manager .
Brett get ready mate !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »
People sell stuff they havent got in thier grubbies all the time on Ebay... see it all the time with latest STERN releases via agents or containers arriving in 1 month or so. There is no difference with this listing.
If youre inclined to report this guy to Ebay then make sure you report the ads for the next Stern release that hasnt yet come in the country also.... or the guy that has a machine in USA on a boat that hasnt arrived yet.
In all honesty, why you would report someone to Ebay is beyond me... he's paid his deposit and if he hopes to make a profit on it then good luck to him.

When you buy a machine via AMD or even a WOZ via Bumper.. do you not pay a deposit BEFORE they have the machine in their hands? Do they ( the agents) then make a profit on the final price?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2013, 10:33:55 AM »
People sell stuff they havent got in thier grubbies all the time on Ebay... see it all the time with latest STERN releases via agents or containers arriving in 1 month or so. There is no difference with this listing.
If youre inclined to report this guy to Ebay then make sure you report the ads for the next Stern release that hasnt yet come in the country also.... or the guy that has a machine in USA on a boat that hasnt arrived yet.
In all honesty, why you would report someone to Ebay is beyond me... he's paid his deposit and if he hopes to make a profit on it then good luck to him.

When you buy a machine via AMD or even a WOZ via Bumper.. do you not pay a deposit BEFORE they have the machine in their hands? Do they ( the agents) then make a profit on the final price?

+ 1.

I think the confusion here is calling the seller a "fraud" because he is selling something he has not yet received. That is way out of line. People sell things every day that they do not have, and quite legitimately. If Ebay makes it their policy that they don't allow sales of goods that the seller won't have at the end of the auction, that's just an Ebay rule.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2013, 11:14:50 AM »
This seller has a history of pulling auctions early and when he does let the auction run its full course, usually it will reappear within a few days even though somebody "won" the item.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2013, 11:27:14 AM »

+ 1.

I think the confusion here is calling the seller a "fraud" because he is selling something he has not yet received. That is way out of line. People sell things every day that they do not have, and quite legitimately. If Ebay makes it their policy that they don't allow sales of goods that the seller won't have at the end of the auction, that's just an Ebay rule.

At no stage did anyone call the seller a fraud. The ebay listing itself was described as fraudulent and the posts clearly state that ebays own listing/reporting practices have that fraudulent word/deskription word in their drop boxes. Therefore, nothing is out of line whatsoever.
If u disagree, u will need to contact ebay because their rules are their rules. The report feature on Ebay is there for a reason. Its to protect ebay users who feel a listing is not legal or immoral under the ebay rules. Whether you like it or not, it is there to stay.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2013, 11:29:28 AM »
This seller has a history of pulling auctions early and when he does let the auction run its full course, usually it will reappear within a few days even though somebody "won" the item.

Many people do... when Ebay removed the " reserve price" for Australia it pretty much encouraged shill bidding and early auction ends. We all know that you are more likely to get good coin if you can get a couple of bidders to compete aginst each other. A buy it now price for an item makes it look like top dollar from the start and so gets less attention... have a couple of bidders tell themselves that the new bid price is only $200 more than before and watch it achieve a better price.
If the item isnt close to your target price 24hrs before auction end then you are forced to pull.

Reserve price auctions put an end to all this but for some reason us Australians can no longer have this feature

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2013, 11:35:01 AM »

Many people do... when Ebay removed the " reserve price" for Australia it pretty much encouraged shill bidding and early auction ends. We all know that you are more likely to get good coin if you can get a couple of bidders to compete aginst each other. A buy it now price for an item makes it look like top dollar from the start and so gets less attention... have a couple of bidders tell themselves that the new bid price is only $200 more than before and watch it achieve a better price.
If the item isnt close to your target price 24hrs before auction end then you are forced to pull.

Reserve price auctions put an end to all this but for some reason us Australians can no longer have this feature

+1

eBay is full of these practices. Shill bidding is rife and the usual suspects spend a lot of effort ensure the friendly bids are done on time. every now and again, one or two slip through the cracks. Or you have the opposite - some prefer bumping the price up to ridiculous figures, and overstating the work done to them.

What I have had 100% success on eBay is to price the game at what it owes you as a minimum bid. This always works, and if the interest is there, you may be pleasantly surprised.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2013, 11:46:39 AM »
Ebay allows pre-sale listing on a limited basis.
http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/pre-sale.html
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 11:59:21 AM »

from what i was told last night, there is a price ceiling that doesnt allow for pre-sales, and something almost 10 grand isnt approved from what the ebay rep was saying.
the problem with ebay, u cant find anything easily to know exactly what is and isnt approved price wise...i cant find it, I have looked on Aust ebay and I cant see it yet...

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2013, 12:05:22 PM »

from what i was told last night, there is a price ceiling that doesnt allow for pre-sales, and something almost 10 grand isnt approved from what the ebay rep was saying.
the problem with ebay, u cant find anything easily to know exactly what is and isnt approved price wise...i cant find it, I have looked on Aust ebay and I cant see it yet...

Its not at $10K though... its at just over $4K.
Yep.. Ebay is confusing and trying to find correct information is like fishing for plankton.. but thats all part of the design, they dont really care about much, just lots of sales and forcing you to have Paypal as an option. Try to list something and state that you would rather not have Paypal and watch the listing get pulled coupled with a threat that if you do it again, you will be banned.
Its happened to me.. but then again, it took a do-gooder to dob me in first.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 12:20:43 PM »
Its not do gooders who get people banned, its the person who breaks the rules themselves and its then ebay enforcing its own rules, if thats applicable.

Dam those do gooders. Get out the lions, the arena and the roman hoards. Time for entertainment, ebay style.lol  %.%

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2013, 01:34:29 PM »
Its not do gooders who get people banned, its the person who breaks the rules themselves and its then ebay enforcing its own rules, if thats applicable.

Dam those do gooders. Get out the lions, the arena and the roman hoards. Time for entertainment, ebay style.lol  %.%

If someone feels obliged to inform Ebay that i have stated a preference to NOT use Paypal or have buyer pay the fees then they need to go get a friggin life and stop making contributions to the world by being a petty irritating prick