Author Topic: A & B Title DMD games  (Read 673 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: A & B Title DMD games
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 01:35:28 PM »
Congo could well be an "A" list game to someone. I have no problem with "any" game being on someone's "A" list. It is subjective.

The "cookie cutter" is just that. Four or five games generally accepted as being the "best" based on opinions. They are almost always the most expensive, and some people read this list as "in concrete". It is not, and anyone who believes it is "the bible" of DMD games has not been in the hobby, or collecting, for a long period of time.

If someone suggested to me that Congo, or Popeye were THEIR "A" list games, I would accept that as their opinion, as their is no "right or wrong" with this discussion. What I would do, is pay more attention to these two titles next time I play them and LOOK for their highlights. I NEVER EVER take someone's opinion "as bible" - until I've played the game and seen (or not seen) what the game is about. I've done that with TZ, and my opinion is that is is an interesting player, but it is not an "A" list pin for mine. I'd rather play Fishtales. Does that make me wright or wrong ? Only "I" can answer that.

When someone suggests Cactus Canyon as the best pinball ever made, I don't have to agree with it. But if a Fishtales and Cactus Canyon were next to each other, I'd play fishtales, and I'd get a blast from playing it. I remember a dealer who had a CC and had it switched off, so no one could play it. It is "too valuable" for the general public to play. What a crock ! TO ME, it is a $2500 DMD pinball. That's my opinion. I'm right in my view..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 01:43:57 PM »
"A titles"  at the end of the day  are a personal choice

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 10:03:54 AM »
It's all ones opinion. Give me a FT or WW over these so called A list games. TZ and AFM are the ultimate snooze fest for me. Boring and over priced.

Offline Slash

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 03:14:07 PM »
Whilst there are some games that I would like to add to my collection that are cliche A listers there are others that aren't but I would like to own simply because I played them in my younger days and enjoyed them.

That's part of the problem now is getting game time on other titles i have never played to know if I will like them or not. Something I also think about is how indepth the games are too, I would like to know that I'm not going to be bored quickly and still be challenged by a machine a few months down the track. 

With that in mind  i hear people talk about how indepth the rule set is for xyz game etc, what would be some of the more challenging and detailed games out there?

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 03:53:47 PM »
Any game setup right and setup to play fast. I can make my funhouse a breeze to play and fall asleep within the hour or have it as it is and beat it maybe one game in fifty or so.

Wanting a title name, twilight zone, I hear circqus Voltaire, attack from mars to name a few.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 03:55:19 PM »
Any game setup right and setup to play fast. I can make my funhouse a breeze to play and fall asleep within the hour or have it as it is and beat it maybe one game in fifty or so.

Wanting a title name, twilight zone, I hear circqus Voltaire, attack from mars to name a few.

I reckon you'd like a CV Rob.  Yep, definately a challenging game, mode stacking and lots of candy.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 03:59:51 PM »

I reckon you'd like a CV Rob.  Yep, definately a challenging game, mode stacking and lots of candy.
Its my wife's favourite looking machine too.
Still loving my Metallica Premium