Author Topic: My Pinball Was My Saviour In Solving My Sleeping Problem  (Read 181 times)

Offline smokingjoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
My Pinball Was My Saviour In Solving My Sleeping Problem
« on: January 20, 2013, 09:23:30 PM »
   ^&^ My noisy neighbours started cranking up the their music right up after midnight and I was getting next to no sleep . They were 3 guys who at a later time all ended up doing some time in the slammer for something unrelated .
Anyway one day I was lying on the couch thinking about my sleep problem . My Twighlight Zone was in my peripheral vision , when all of a sudden I focused right in on It . I walked up to it , turned It on , opened the coin door .
I went through the menu to the Sound Tests . Cycling through It my intention was to find the most annoying sound if played loud on Repeat
I Short listed 2 . One was the guy calling out " Noooooooooo " every few seconds in a spooky , angry voice .
Second choice was glass smashing also every few seconds . It was a close call . I flipped a coin and went with the glass smashing .
Any way , come the weekend around 8 or 9am when my loud neighbours had been to sleep for probably just a few hours , I chose to go out . But before i went , I cycled through the Sound Tests  until I came across the glass  , hit the repeat , turned It up to 20 something and left the building pretty quickly as It ws too loud for my ears . I returned around noon to anticipate a possible confrontation by you know who .
I waited and waited some more but nothing came my way .
In fact I never heard one note of music again from them for the next few months they lived there .
Apart from learning my new best friend was Twighlight Zone , I also learnt ( in my mind at least ) , that IN LIFE YOUR BEST NEIGHBOUR IS ALWAYS YOUR FENCE
                                                                       Joe
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:31:23 PM by smokingjoe »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
LOL- good story.. once did a very similar thing by placing a speaker in an open window facing a neighbour... hit repeat on the CD player... turned the volume right up and went down the pub and played pool for about 8hrs... came back very pissed, changed the CD and partied with my mates.
Never had an issue with next door again

Offline smokingjoe

• Forum Posts:
Brilliant . I like your style Retropin .@@*
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 02:22:47 AM by smokingjoe »

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Both top stories  with excellent results .  ^^^
I need more room ! and more $$$