Author Topic: Career Change ?  (Read 3370 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Career Change ?
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »
I've done the career change 3 times now. Did IT when it paid until the great recession and anyone with a PC thought they could be consultants. Then moved side ways when the opportunity arose and did robotics & cnc machinery (training, troubleshooting, programming) Ended up owning my own company in this business. License to print money, 3 hour days mainly but was like fire fighting, when the shit hits the fan, you move into action with major stress and time constraints.

Now due to family reasons I'm in the family business of colorbond fencing (supply and project management of the largest estates). No more stress, longer hours and have to deal with STAFF!!! Ah management, love it so much I'm thinking of taking a sicky on my first day back LOL

What I'm trying to say is work is work otherwise they'd call it pinball or golf or play of some sort. I don't believe (unless you're really lucky) there is a job that won't get you down or burn you out. You just have to ride those waves and make the most of the "play times" after the job is done. Just don't take your work problems home otherwise your home life will be like work all over again. 
Still loving my Metallica Premium