Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 132436 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #825 on: April 14, 2016, 11:05:35 AM »
Pinside rumor lol :

Lonnies code was tested and full of bugs!

Lyman has been working on it for two weeks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess there are a lot of rumors. That's all they really are. But I would not be surprised. It has to be a large update as there are a lot of issues and modes missing etc etc..

I base my discontent on the fact that Stern FB has daily ramblings of code updates with photos of album covers etc etc. I find that really annoying and arrogant. Their marketing is piss poor in my book.

As a recent convert to Stern, and enjoying some awesome machines like Tron and CSI in particular, I don't understand how people can fork out huge amounts of $ on games that are not completed. Not just tweaking code, but massive updates on games that are not even close to completely functional. I guess that if KISS was never released, I would not care as much. But for people converting across to Stern games (like I have), it has been a learning curve. Accepting incomplete games should not be part of the buying experience. No other product I've ever heard of has this problem.

I'm looking for a the "beating the dead horse" emoticon, but the ONLY way this will change is with our wallets.

Trudeau is my favorite designer, and Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies. I was going to order a Premium. Now I'm not. When Iron Maiden is released, I won't buy an LE. I will wait 12 months to see if Stern complete the game.

The new saying is "only in pinball". Rings true at the moment.

Would be great if the code came out tomorrow. The good thing for Stern is that there are 30 + albums their genius marketing people can use to further frustrate KISS fans with non existent updates  !*!
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia