Author Topic: Nino's Big Container Day !  (Read 9590 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Nino's Big Container Day !
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2009, 10:40:19 PM »
Hi Nino

I'm interested in the the Sprint 1 or Grand Trak 10 machines or both when you decide to sell, thanks again for your help.  #*#
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2009, 10:43:39 PM »
Hi Nino

I'm interested in the the Sprint 1 or Grand Trak 10 machines or both when you decide to sell, thanks again for your help.  #*#

No worries mate - Daniel has first option on Grand Trak 10, so you have first option on Sprint 1. Both are having their boards repaired and checked.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline daics3522

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2009, 10:46:28 PM »
Don't suppose there's a Galaga machine in that lot...  !@# !@#
1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline johnwartjr

• Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2009, 06:28:24 PM »
Your own container - sweet! I've often dreamed of my own container while helping unload one for someone else :)

I think my wife would probably leave me or kill me if I brought in my own container of pins!

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2009, 06:31:26 PM »
Hi Nino

No worries mate - Daniel has first option on Grand Trak 10, so you have first option on Sprint 1. Both are having their boards repaired and checked.

If there's no love for the Night Driver let me know Nino.  I'd hate to see him left on his own in a big old room full of pins!  Is the conversion beyond reversion?

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »
Don't suppose there's a Galaga machine in that lot...  !@# !@#

Sorry Craig - All the Galaga machines went years ago. I do have upright "generic" cabinets suitable for Galaga etc.

Your own container - sweet! I've often dreamed of my own container while helping unload one for someone else :)

I think my wife would probably leave me or kill me if I brought in my own container of pins!

Yep - Went through that discussion with my wife. She was supportive, and knows that my vices are all Pinball related. I've always wanted a "steady" flow of restorations and I was lucky in that I have a building to store them in. I can literally just go for a drive and load up an EM and bring it home. But I'll recondition most of the DMDs first before enjoying the EMs and SS. Rather that read about other people doing it - I simply just had to "have a go" !

Hi Nino

If there's no love for the Night Driver let me know Nino.  I'd hate to see him left on his own in a big old room full of pins!  Is the conversion beyond reversion?

No worries Marty. I do have some older Atari Tubes in boxes - might even have the original. The board might be a problem, but I do recall seeing the steering assembly around. The "Turbo" conversion is a great playing game - but it would be a challenge to revise !

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2009, 07:25:49 PM »
Sorry Craig - All the Galaga machines went years ago. I do have upright "generic" cabinets suitable for Galaga etc.
Don't suppose any of the cabs are the original Galaga Shape......

1up Promotions provide all your promotional items... from keyrings to banners to stubby coolers etc, etc..... Anything you need just PM.... (website coming soon)

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2009, 07:43:16 PM »

No cabinets like that mate - all gawn years ago.

Offline daics3522

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth, WA
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2009, 09:55:34 PM »
 !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2009, 03:32:14 PM »
I was wondering where the sudden influx of machines had come from and now I know!

Well, congratulations - now, do you reckon I could get a financial advisor to agree that pinball machines are a good investment? Could buy some out of the retirement fund....

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2009, 07:41:10 PM »
I was wondering where the sudden influx of machines had come from and now I know!

Well, congratulations - now, do you reckon I could get a financial advisor to agree that pinball machines are a good investment? Could buy some out of the retirement fund....

Thats a damn good question.  I have a SMSF maybe I could buy some as an Investment *%*
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2009, 08:12:12 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-of-2-of-Viking-NOS-Pinball-Playfields-Bally-1978_W0QQitemZ220519587994QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item3357fde09a

He's being trying to sell those for a while now.

I think last time they failed to reach any bids starting at about USD$200.

I would love one for my Viking but after freifgt costs its probably gunna be AUD$400 each.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2009, 09:17:00 PM »
Thats a damn good question.  I have a SMSF maybe I could buy some as an Investment *%*

Sure, provided you can demonstrate it meets your funds investment strategy and you lock it away unplayed! Soon as you play a game you've breached the rules and suddenly your fund is no longer getting all those tax breaks if someone was to discover your transgression.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2009, 10:56:21 PM »

Sure, provided you can demonstrate it meets your funds investment strategy and you lock it away unplayed! Soon as you play a game you've breached the rules and suddenly your fund is no longer getting all those tax breaks if someone was to discover your transgression.

Boy, lawyers sure do know how to spoil your dreams, don't they?

:)