Author Topic: STERN Production to date - 1999 to 2012  (Read 5173 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: STERN Production to date - 1999 to 2012
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 12:21:50 PM »
That pinball subsidiary of Williams might have been in the black or in the red, but it is unlikely that any business closes its doors on a profitable business
corperate guys are funny they close even profitable departments just on the fact of less profit than the year before, so it could be millions of bucks in the black but might have been down abit so they close it and move to departments to use all their power on a department that make the mega bucks like Slots as strangeways says.
its silly and unfortunate i guess.

anyways im not sure if playstation and xbox really harm these things like pinball, remember Nintendo and sega and playstation were all around in every single house in the low to mid nineties and we were all playing them to death back then. its not that difference.
i have an xbox360 iphone pc's and all the simular crap that i had in the 90's when  arcades were popular in the 90's and still play pinball.

I blame the Problem purely on the lack of good marketing. there is no B/w doign their good marketing so pinball has suffered.
Heylets face it the Ipad ipod and xbox are all things we can live with out however good marketing has meant we bought some shit we dont really need but think we do. Even mcdonalds can make the worlds shittiest hamburger and sell it to billions of people, ITS ALL ABOUT MARKETING, Look at the skate boards kids are riding around on now, they are riding those old little one kick retro skateboards fro mthe 70's and into city beach and look at the price of one, they pay $300 for one, lol and all the kids in my area have one. Marketing is the key and retro is cool atm.

I know kids are interested by pinball because my sited pinball makes a killing, most have never seen or played one besides on their playstation and they all say its better than playing the playstation.

I do hold High hopes for pinball, i honestly cant see a reason for them not make a come back, and i think stern can get their shit together eventually and id like to think they read these forums and see what people are saying and might get the idea of whats wanted in a pinball.

as ive said millions of times here Retro is making a huge come back and Pinball is the essence of retro, stern just need to capitalize on it now, and maby they are as acdc was a smart title to kick it off, but they need a none licensed title with innovation now.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:33:22 PM by Olivia_jason »