Author Topic: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
Re: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 01:12:28 AM »

I'm not a sponsor of this site, so admins feel free to delete any part or entire post as you wish.

We have over 60 project pins that we own and are in storage overseas. Greg makes a very good point about what people want versus what people want to pay. Titles include 2 x Devils Dare, 4 centaurs, 2 pink panthers, viking, 8 ball deluxe,black hole,medusa,xenon, and many more. We are still debating if it is worth bringing these machines in as a whole or in parts. When you add up the time, effort,cost of pin and cost to ship here, is really worth the hassle.
We have access to a stash of working classic pins, ballys, williams, gottliebs that are fully working and we are deciding if this should be the way to go.
Most people want  project pins, in working condition,with no missing parts and dont wont to pay more than a couple hundred dollars.

just chewing the fat Dave
but if you cant give a opinion   then maybe l shouldn't give a opinion..... but you know me Dave
i'm gunna give it anyway ::)

look don't get me wrong I would love to see MORE older games coming in to Aus
I would just hate to see a importer/dealer  do his $$ on a container because that just means
they won't try it again

but I do believe that if older pins are going to grow and make a come back
then it will be driven more by the hobbyist's on forums like this making collectors aware of what goes into getting these oldies going and working correctly  as only these guys would be willing to  give the hours to get these games up and running as they should be, as l don't think dealers would have the time alloted to do justice to these games,  As Dean said if you have to spend money on displays and boards
then that blows the budget if your a dealer and probably for the hobbyist as well.

I've seen first hand what Nino does to fully rebuild a game (that Sinbad is a work of art topside and underneath)

so for the hobbyists..... $%$ 

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia