Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 129249 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #825 on: April 08, 2016, 09:55:58 PM »
What would the general consensus be if Stern started charging customers for code updates?

I would have no problem with that at all.

So in my case, I pay 50% for my KISS LE and then I pay 10% each time they take steps to complete the code. Over time, Stern finishes my game, and I don't get angry waiting for the game to be completed. It also encourages Stern to work on the current games instead of adding code for toppers and other crap. If they don't finish the game, they don't maximize their return.

Good in theory but I think a hacker would make short work of this system. Black market code updates.

Any system can be hacked by good hackers, but no one is going to waste their time hacking a pinball to save themselves $. The rumors I'm hearing is that there is almost a complete recode and KISS will be the first game to be able to compete "online" with internet connectivity - this opens up a whole new ball game (no pun intended). Online competitions over the net is just one new feature. As soon as your game is registered on the net, you have updates sent to you via the web after you pay your subscription. There's a lot of possibilities.

There all the same Hobbit announced 2012 game nearly shipping code no where near finished WTF and reliability issues already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. Wasn't the Hobbit due at the release of the first movie ? The trilogy has been done and dusted already !

Unboxing is so 'last year', now the new special event for stern owners will be 'code updating'. That's gotta be a bigger rush, in particular, for kiss owners, GOT guys get these weekly  &&

Try daily !

I'd much rather be waiting for beta code to be tested and uploaded when everything is complete rather than GOT buyers being used as beta testers !

Having said that, Stern have really dropped the ball. This code update was due "before Christmas"..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia