Author Topic: What's the attraction with Facebook?  (Read 3376 times)

Offline vinito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
Re: What's the attraction with Facebook?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 07:10:11 AM »
I was "phish tricked" into signing up for facebook a while back. It made it look like a request was coming from my out of town brother. So I was in I guess. Once I was on it, I did use it to look up some old friends from way back. That's about the only useful thing about it in my opinion. Otherwise I look at it about once every month or two. Just not my thing, but then again, I'm an old fart so...

The subject comes up often of late how facebook makes money. I have an idea how they do that, but I've noticed that FB and Twitter buttons are becoming an annoying part of visiting web pages these days. I use adblock on Firefox and I'd like to learn how to use something like that to block the FB and Twitter crap too. I guess it's popular enough that it's not blocked by default on adblock. I ought to look into that and I think I will today. Radio and TV are already supersaturated with ads and have very little content compared to my younger days. I'm a quick-draw with the mute button now. I'd like my internet to stick with the content thing and block all the ads that it can.

What's the attraction with Facebook? The answer is, the owner is making gajillions with it. Oh, you meant for the public? I guess, for whatever reason, snake oil always finds plenty of suckers.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.