Author Topic: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it  (Read 56404 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #345 on: March 18, 2016, 08:41:58 AM »
question and answer time with Trudeau by Stern on facebook with some specific questions answered

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/vb.136972659243/10153996415669244/?type=2&theater&notif_t=live_video

- magnetic slings and mylar
- stay puft gets angrier represented with colour changes
- mods
- artist
- music
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 08:47:33 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #346 on: March 18, 2016, 10:11:17 AM »
I know that the game is in it's infancy and I know that I am usually one of Sterns critics, bashers or whatever you want to call them but I've got a feeling that this game will be a classic.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #347 on: March 18, 2016, 06:52:32 PM »
I think the Pro would look extra amazing if someone did some custom powdercoating work on the side rails and legs and lockdown bar etc.

It's hard to tell from the photos but the Pro might look extra great with a bright shiny purple powder coat with some green slime powdercoating added here and there as a extra feature.

Congrats to those who have already ordered.
Playfield toys and features look extra amazing.
Thanks to those who posted videos and links etc.

There's a guy in America that mods new games then sells them, they where talking about going with the purple powder coat :) I agree would look awesome. I'm liking the game more and more :)
is Peter contemplating a new game? It would go real well with the furniture in you games room
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #348 on: March 18, 2016, 09:23:56 PM »
I think the Pro would look extra amazing if someone did some custom powdercoating work on the side rails and legs and lockdown bar etc.

It's hard to tell from the photos but the Pro might look extra great with a bright shiny purple powder coat with some green slime powdercoating added here and there as a extra feature.

Congrats to those who have already ordered.
Playfield toys and features look extra amazing.
Thanks to those who posted videos and links etc.

There's a guy in America that mods new games then sells them, they where talking about going with the purple powder coat :) I agree would look awesome. I'm liking the game more and more :)
is Peter contemplating a new game? It would go real well with the furniture in you games room

I'd like one that's for sure :)  beautiful game.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #349 on: March 18, 2016, 09:45:15 PM »
Always welcome to try before you buy at my place..........that's if you can wait  #@#

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #350 on: March 18, 2016, 10:04:05 PM »
Looks like oz le allocation sold out

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #351 on: March 18, 2016, 10:32:49 PM »
Always welcome to try before you buy at my place..........that's if you can wait  #@#

Cheers Rob :)

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #352 on: March 19, 2016, 12:32:52 PM »
Saw a picture of a player with his arms crossed over. Looks like there may be a "don't cross the beams" mode where the flippers are reversed. That will do my head in as Black Hole lower playfield always did.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #353 on: March 19, 2016, 01:10:42 PM »
Saw a picture of a player with his arms crossed over. Looks like there may be a "don't cross the beams" mode where the flippers are reversed. That will do my head in as Black Hole lower playfield always did.

that was Keith Elwin, top pinball player that is also making the custom Archer game. Apparently there is a mode once you achieve some goals the flippers cross - maybe a crossed proton beams - sounds like fun.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #354 on: March 19, 2016, 01:25:48 PM »

that was Keith Elwin, top pinball player that is also making the custom Archer game. Apparently there is a mode once you achieve some goals the flippers cross - maybe a crossed proton beams - sounds like fun.
yeah this game may have a few surprises. Maybe stern have become a bit more adventurous and allowing some new stuff like the slings and pin2000 image. They may not pay off but at least they gave it a go. I hope they do hit the mark. Any other interesting modes? I still don't understand the subway ramp, sometimes the ball will divert or something

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #355 on: March 19, 2016, 01:39:41 PM »

yeah this game may have a few surprises. Maybe stern have become a bit more adventurous and allowing some new stuff like the slings and pin2000 image. They may not pay off but at least they gave it a go. I hope they do hit the mark. Any other interesting modes? I still don't understand the subway ramp, sometimes the ball will divert or something

I think like the pro depends if a mode is activated the ball will shoot down the  and exit the ramp and other times will go into the ghost containment centre. On the pro it is a virtual ball lock but the premium / le it is a real unseen virtual lock and then a multiball kicks in and the balls either eject from the vuk or the shooter lane. The vuk is also probably a backup for the rare time a ball might not make it out of the ramp.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #356 on: March 19, 2016, 02:56:50 PM »

Once you light the lock insert when the balls go in the subway they will divert into the MB holding area :) if the lock light isn't lit and the balls go into the subway ramp they won't divert but instead continue along ramp and it'll exit :) that's what I make of it :) it's a cool feature :) I prefer actual locks I miss that with KISS.

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #357 on: March 19, 2016, 05:23:35 PM »
Thanks guys. I have been watching some more of the game plays and it does seem like a drain monster. The wider flipper spacing doesn't seem to help. I think it will be a challenge as I like games with shorter plays. What's the chances the games will have maybe a provision for a centre flipper post?

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #358 on: March 19, 2016, 05:27:13 PM »
Thanks guys. I have been watching some more of the game plays and it does seem like a drain monster. The wider flipper spacing doesn't seem to help. I think it will be a challenge as I like games with shorter plays. What's the chances the games will have maybe a provision for a centre flipper post?

or you can go for my custom 3 1/8" flipper bats  &&

CFTBL is the same flipper spacing as nearly all of Trudeau's games,  you will actually get used to it

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2016, 05:36:53 PM »

or you can go for my custom 3 1/8" flipper bats  &&

CFTBL is the same flipper spacing as nearly all of Trudeau's games,  you will actually get used to it
ha ha, any chance of making 4" ones, that should close the gap to near nothing