Author Topic: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it  (Read 56402 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #555 on: May 11, 2016, 11:49:02 PM »
This great photo

Agree great picture :)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #556 on: May 11, 2016, 11:56:10 PM »
Asked Bruce if the games coming over will have the insert spelling mistake and he was unaware of it, as a few Canadians and US are finding that production games have the mistake but was suppose to be only on the proto. Bruce checked their air freighted game and it has the mistake so now firing Gary a message to make sure the ones coming don't have the mistake.

Any updates on this swinks?

Be interesting to see just which machines AMD end up with - maybe he might need to forc the issue?  #@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #557 on: May 12, 2016, 12:14:15 AM »
I wonder if a bright green DMD display in Ghostbusters could be arranged ?
Slimer DMD.

Also, as a topper, a giant green Slimer identical to the one on the play field.

This should be the colour and the artwork for the topper.
The one prev shown looks pretty lifeless and dull.

Perhaps Stern may come up with something excellent.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #558 on: May 12, 2016, 12:23:18 AM »
I care because Stern are the market leaders and in all essence ARE pinball today. Having loved pinball for as long as I can remember and having owned games from the 30's right through to the 90's I have a vested interest in the way the game evolves, as does ANYONE who is into pinball. So when we get a hype of "all new magna slings" I am very interested in the new developments and can see great potential.
But.. and heres the crux Pete.. what we actually see is a lack lustre product. Those slings have more dead spots than a friggin grave yard.
So now with Stern we have pop bumpers with a controlled release through a gate and slings that have the "all new slide action wipe with random no action".
Do I like it?..LOL - you decide.
Do I have to be a buyer to cast a critical eye?..NO
Do I have to justify that opinion..NO... but just for you... I did.

Well said mate. Stern have always been a reactive follower who don't take opposing viewpoints all that well which is probably why they appeal so much to certain personality types.  %$%

Kudos to them for giving a new product a shot, but you can't release what is in essence a $10,000 plus prototype onto the market and not expect feedback.

As it stands it will take a lot of improvement for those magnaslings as they are to reach the level of traditional mechanical slingshots.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #559 on: May 12, 2016, 12:36:01 AM »
just for those getting a game be aware of some minor issues arising and fixes

a few people are having hit registering issues with Slimer after 10-20 hits. Interesting it is a wire that swings and hits a frame completes the circuit like a tilt bob but if the wire is not straight it can reduce the number of registered hits. Apparently the last image is the way to make slimer more reliable.

the other is the mid to rhs captive ball wire form as the wire rail is quite thin and after a few games many people are discovering that the wireform is bending and then trapping the captive ball high. Stern's fix at the moment is - just bend it straight.

just some tips for those getting a game to watch out for.

anyone was if the flipper was in the up position and if a ball dropped down on to the flipper in the up position it would drop a little and spring back up rebounding the ball back high again - this at the moment has been solved with a recent code update.

edit - another one was slimmer flew off his wire within 10 games - but a one off with no else yet reporting this one

It's a damn shame that the end consumers are effectively becoming the de facto beta testers for a product which should have been corrected in prototype stage.

The first time slimer didn't register in testing it should have been logged, the second time it should have been investigated, the third - well there wouldn't be a third as it would have been fixed before release.

This is the primary toy on a Pro machine after all.

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #560 on: May 12, 2016, 01:27:58 AM »
Unboxing videos..... :lol
What a wank.

+1

Given the Australian Consumer Law, the lowering of quality control at the manufacturing level by Stern and the subsequent rise in warranty claims on a domestic level, anything coming through the Australian distributors (at least via AMD) now has already been unboxed, inspected and reboxed prior to receipt to an individual customer.

This was confirmed in writing by the AMD owner.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:29:32 AM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #561 on: May 12, 2016, 04:55:49 AM »
So so so many negative & incorrect ASSumptions.

Firstly, AMD only take BNIB Sterns out of the box if the buyer has agreed to it or has requested it.
AMD has never unboxed any of my BNIB Sterns.
I have also never had one fault with a NIB Stern.

Unboxing videos are enjoyable to people who like seeing other members realising their dream of owning a new pinball machine. Just because some idiots are Stern haters it doesn't mean other people can't or shouldn't enjoy other people unboxing a new toy.

Also, the personality types comment about Stern etc is just insulting.
These attitudes are just ignorant & discriminatory.
Is this thread going to be ruined by more Stern assassinations.
If it wasn't so very very stupid it would be comical.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #562 on: May 12, 2016, 07:03:45 AM »
So so so many negative & incorrect ASSumptions.

Firstly, AMD only take BNIB Sterns out of the box if the buyer has agreed to it or has requested it.
AMD has never unboxed any of my BNIB Sterns.
I have also never had one fault with a NIB Stern.

Unboxing videos are enjoyable to people who like seeing other members realising their dream of owning a new pinball machine. Just because some idiots are Stern haters it doesn't mean other people can't or shouldn't enjoy other people unboxing a new toy.

Also, the personality types comment about Stern etc is just insulting.
These attitudes are just ignorant & discriminatory.
Is this thread going to be ruined by more Stern assassinations.
If it wasn't so very very stupid it would be comical.

Sorry Cavey you are incorrect, now AMD unbox every machine unless specifically requested due to issues & problems as they rather catch issues at their shop before it goes to customers homes and business locations.

This is Bruce's response to my NIB question
"We don’t send many pinballs out new in box,if there is anything wrong when you unpack it causes too many problems!"

And based on guys in Europe, Canada and the USA there are lots of problems with Slimer no registering and one slimer broke off the wire with 10 games, a few cases of clear chipping at the shooter lane, captive ball wire bending and Stern's response was just rebend it back and so many games went out with the insert spelling error all around the world when Stern said it was just a proto - which obviously was a lie as they would of had 500-1000 playfields done and just used those. Bruce didn't know about the spelling mistake and then checked his own game and it was there and promptly chased up Gary.

This is one of Stern's best looking and packed games in a long time and wanted to support and had knowledge of it for far longer than the general public but for business and personal reasons at this point in time I have cancelled my order, hoping to get one in 12-18 months time.

As for Stern many people want to support them and are very positive but when they constantly drop the ball on QA issues the doubt grows. They might have the biggest factory and able to build 9 different games at a time but their parts supply/stock , man / lady power, and scheduling hold them back on delivering machines on time and without QA issues. No point flogging off to people that you can build 9 different games on multiple production lines when stocks run out and stops machines going into boxes and you effectively  sending out far less models - production delays on Metallica, GB and others.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:35:21 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #563 on: May 12, 2016, 08:08:31 AM »
I think my bad as I reckon the sticker could be part of the artwork. I didn't look closely at it, just a glance. I think I saw a picture of a home pro with the exact label. Sorry for the misrepresentation.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #564 on: May 12, 2016, 08:24:31 AM »
Bruce has always suggested for 6 - 7 plus years that they inspect just to be safe etc but it is not mandatory and never has been so I am not incorrect because not every single machine gets taken out of the boxes. I know a lot of collectors that have purchased repeated Bnib Stern machines and like me, they want them as is, from factory untouched. I don't want a machine that has been unpacked & re packed.

Unlike a newbie who has no pinball or electronics experience, there is nothing I can't fix given the business I have run for close to 20 years. Not one of the new Sterns have ever needed a thing. It's a small minority percentage of machines that might need an adjustment. The feedback I get from many purchasers & from Stern agents is 5 percent or less.

To be blatant, I think AMD likes to check machines because there are some dishonest buyers out there who would make claims for parts that they want for other sited machines. The pinball industry certainly isn't full of honest people & their are a lot of buyers out there that would try anything on to get a free part if they could.
But if the person is known to AMD, has purchased before and is known to be honest, then sending out a machine untouched isn't a issue for them or any Stern dealer from direct discussions I have had.

Every new product has factory design & adjustment issues from time to time in any industry.
What is frustrating is that unexperienced people who have never purchased a BNIB Stern think the majority of machines are needing fixes. It's a tiny minority.

Also, Stern doesn't have any parts or supply problems. I buy stuff from Stern often for my own collection & others & they always provide me stock within a few weeks, translites, LED DMD display, shakers , Data East & Sega stuff etc etc etc. Stern have a lot of NOS stuff that people haven't even thought of. The amount of brand new NOS stuff Stern has avail for any title is staggering. Only after u investigate you find out what's avail. I have parts people think u would never get or Stern wouldn't advertise but anything for anything they have ever made is available. You just find out the part no, then u order thru AMD etc. the hardest issue is for Stern to find the box of parts out of the 1,000s of boxes but they never fail to locate the parts.

You can order any title out of apx 10 & the longest waiting period for 90 percent of products is a few weeks to one month.

Obviously, the latest title is going to be longer due to massive demand, LE runs vs Premium vs Pro etc, but once initial orders are processed, getting any title is usually only 2 to 4 weeks max plus shipping via air or sea. Example, in 3 to 4 months time, most initial orders for GB will be well on their way. Then the initial wait times will settle like they always do. That's when the 2 to 4 weeks lead time exists again to get any title.

Stern can now accomodate small to massive runs. They are more flexible with production then they have ever been. That's great.
I speak to people who work at Stern in Mgmt positions quite often & I hear directly from the factory as to what the facts are. It takes less than 48 hrs to get a stock/part no, and rarely do Stern say they can't ship within a few days.

Even if a Prem Translite etc is out of stock or on back order, it's usually rectified in a matter of weeks.

The one thing Stern does do best, is its stock control.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:43:46 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #565 on: May 12, 2016, 08:38:20 AM »
It may not have been madatory in the past, but it is now. Swinks has heard it straight from AMD and thereis also a thread on pinside that has an email from AMD stating that they will inspect all machines from now.

Anyway, all that aside, I'm looking forward to having a bash on the AMD machine they flew over in the next day or two.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #566 on: May 12, 2016, 08:48:30 AM »
Not mandatory for existing customers who don't want their machines unpacked.
Certainly not the case with me & never will be.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #567 on: May 12, 2016, 09:25:11 AM »
Popcorn, get your freshly popped popcorn here

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #568 on: May 12, 2016, 09:55:36 AM »
I can confirm that since KISS, ALL distributors are required to to unbox ALL games for quality assurance. It is mandatory.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #569 on: May 12, 2016, 10:28:19 AM »
Pinball discrimination......... :wtf:
Political correctness just got even more irrelevant.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"