Author Topic: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it  (Read 56375 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #570 on: May 12, 2016, 10:41:10 AM »
I can confirm that since KISS, ALL distributors are required to to unbox ALL games for quality assurance. It is mandatory.

I'm not sure who's right or wrong (although I can only see 4 members posts shit I love the ignore feature) but having said that I've had all my games checked ( they travel along way) to sort any issues before I open it and I've been happy doing it this way. I personally think it should be the buyers choice but understand why AMD like to open the games. I've heard some funny stories about buyers demands lol

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Ghost Busters - 2016 - would you get it
« Reply #571 on: May 12, 2016, 12:31:52 PM »
Well, a couple of long winded posts replete with huff and puff as per usual but in the end it amounts to another public fail with nothing to back it up.

Thanks to the confirmation from multiple members from multiple States as to the validity of my original statement. Bruce from AMD had confirmed this with me as well that it was now POLICY for ALL machines to be opened, inspected and repacked regardless of customer history. This was ONE of the deciding factors in holding off purchasing a NIB GB from AMD this time around or picking up one later as a HUO model - I chose the latter option whereas in the past was more than keen to pick up an actual NIB (rather than opened and then repacked) if the title appealed to me.

It does go to show which people on this forum have actually made contact in recent times to AMD about purchasing a NIB machine from AMD and how their policy has now changed and therefore have actual first hand knowledge of such matters instead of inventing fantasy on the fly.

^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #572 on: May 12, 2016, 03:33:58 PM »
The recent delays on the production line are more to do with issues with Spiderman playfields (resolved). In addition, there have been logistical issues with suppliers that have halted and delayed production.

Stern are working hard to address these issues. They have also improved the application of the clearcoat to playfield starting with KISS. So it is all great news for Stern buyers. Ghostbuster LEs sold well and quickly. The Pro has sold well, but not the same numbers as KISS, but more than WWE and GoT.

I have spoken to a couple of collectors, NOT Stern fans at all, but they LOVE Ghostbusters PRO after playing it. That's a big statement !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #573 on: May 12, 2016, 06:39:03 PM »
(although I can only see 4 members posts shit I love the ignore feature)

It appears to like you too...

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #574 on: May 12, 2016, 08:45:12 PM »
AMD have told me they open all boxes. Also as far as shipping was told for a GoT prem I'm looking at Sept if order today. Haven't done the maths but could equate to a few weeks???
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #575 on: May 13, 2016, 07:09:43 AM »
apparently stock supply issues with parts for Spiderman, Metallica and Ghostbusters

didn't you go to the US Cavey for a Stern tour, what did you see?
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #576 on: May 13, 2016, 08:48:35 AM »
 :lol

When I visit the Stren factory I will ask Gerry what the hell is going on!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:10:26 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #577 on: May 14, 2016, 12:08:01 PM »
Just watched the dead flip video again really loving the magna slings great change and suit the theme perfectly. Awesome light show and art. Not long Rob and your be unboxing your game.
Pretty sure I waited 3 months for my ACDC LE and the wait killed me-imagine buying off Jersey Jack

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #578 on: May 14, 2016, 02:31:27 PM »
Just watched the dead flip video again really loving the magna slings great change and suit the theme perfectly. Awesome light show and art. Not long Rob and your be unboxing your game.
Pretty sure I waited 3 months for my ACDC LE and the wait killed me-imagine buying off Jersey Jack
funny did the same. The slings are predominately dead, but I was watching the sling inserts light up and was thinking as a player that they are intimidating. With normal slings, you know the ball is going to shoot the opposite way and so you try to bump it as best you can. These you know something is going to happen, but what??? It could be a standard sling, nothing at all, drop to the flipper etc. So could be interesting.

The wait is now killing me, didn't think it would but it does. Worse things could happen could happen in life so no big deal really.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #579 on: May 14, 2016, 03:29:06 PM »
Only 2 months Rob :) it will be here before you know it :) I was worried the Magna slings would do "to much" but there pretty good now imagine when fully coded.  I'd like to see how the subway diverter works shame they didn't lift the PF.

You buying through AMD? I'll see it come through my depot before you lol-we have some dodgy fork drivers to lol jokes jokes

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #580 on: May 14, 2016, 05:14:26 PM »
Only 2 months Rob :) it will be here before you know it :) I was worried the Magna slings would do "to much" but there pretty good now imagine when fully coded.  I'd like to see how the subway diverter works shame they didn't lift the PF.

You buying through AMD? I'll see it come through my depot before you lol-we have some dodgy fork drivers to lol jokes jokes
I'll get Bruce to label it pinball god so you can't miss it  ^&^

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #581 on: May 14, 2016, 07:18:05 PM »
funny did the same. The slings are predominately dead, but I was watching the sling inserts light up and was thinking as a player that they are intimidating. With normal slings, you know the ball is going to shoot the opposite way and so you try to bump it as best you can. These you know something is going to happen, but what??? It could be a standard sling, nothing at all, drop to the flipper etc. So could be interesting.

The wait is now killing me, didn't think it would but it does. Worse things could happen could happen in life so no big deal really.

Revel in the wait, I recall the fun of antipation waiting for a game for many months. Part of the fun!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #582 on: May 14, 2016, 07:34:59 PM »

Revel in the wait, I recall the fun of antipation waiting for a game for many months. Part of the fun!
^^^

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #583 on: May 14, 2016, 08:15:54 PM »
Does anyone know if Timezone GC has the Ghost Busters pro yet?
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #584 on: May 15, 2016, 06:01:05 PM »

+1

Half the fun IS the wait. Best way to deal with it is forget about it, or start buying mods - which might make you worse !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia