Author Topic: THE PINBALL AUCTION expo  (Read 1873 times)

Offline Private Gimp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mackay, Queensland
  • Fix'n and play'n Pinball
Re: THE PINBALL AUCTION expo
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2009, 12:57:52 AM »
Guys from Newcastle and the Hunter getting upset....What about guys from Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne (especially) Brisbane, Townsville and me in Mackay QLD that are coming down for this event who also have very restricted time, we also can't easily cart stuff back.

I don't mind an Auction being run at the event at all. If it means reducing the cost to run the event then so be it this time around but I suspect it will need to be incorporated permanently to keep and enhance the event for at least a few years in future. Media attention alone is a good thing that a 'unique' auction will generate.
Unfortunately, auction atmosphere is not a party or jovial affair and have an air of "don't touch" or caution restricting the enthusiasts ability to play the machine and get under the bonnet and discuss things with the owner, potential buyers will not disclose their intentions on price either so very few open conversations.
When the auction starts the men are quickly separated from the boys, at least half of the attending people will leave without seeing the end of it as the prices go way higher than mums and dad buyers think..

Running something potentially this size is an expensive proposition for anyone and hats off to those with the balls to try no matter what.
I think that after the auction all sellers of pinball (both not included in the auction and maybe those pins passed in) and accessory outlets should be able to go for it, bit like a flea market or have it at an AA or AP members place, anyone thinking of a post event barbeque??

Just my thoughts.

Cliffy Tucker