Author Topic: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Pinball Demand 60s, 70s & 80s Pinballs
« on: December 30, 2008, 12:03:53 PM »
Dean - You have tapped straight into "my dream" of importing older pins and retiring on them - Then I would not have to do "real work" ever again !

Most of the collectors my age want older games, and I cannot keep up with the ever growing list of people that ask me to source a game and restore it for them. Personally, I feel this is a niche market and one of these days - I'd like to take "the plunge" into that area.

I think DMDs will always be the mainstay, but the demand for good conditioned 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s machines are at an "all time high". Proof of this was the Child's Amusements gamble on the initial 60's container and the following 70's and 80's container. They all needed work, but most SHOULD be restored in time. To me - They were mini goldmine and yes - I did "get into" Mark's ear about older machines - and I continue to do so. In fact, as long as the machines are imported into Australia via any means, I'll be VERY happy.

From a Business perspective, a 40 Ft Container costs the same to ship whether it is full of diamonds or feathers. The return on investment is justified on DMDs, but it would be a risk on project machines. That's why project machines, even fully working machines from this era may not be cost effective - especially if you have overheads and you need to spend $$$ getting the machines going..

A container of older PROJECT games would be unlikely - unless a private buyer purchases them.
A container of working older games is more likely

The best scenario is that one of the importers locates older games, and bundles them in with some DMDs in the same consignment.

Great thread BTW...  ^^^

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia