Author Topic: Metallica - Stern - release 2013  (Read 55024 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Metallica - Stern - release 2013
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »
Here is the promo in slow motion

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline tonyt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 07:29:45 PM »
Not a fan at all of the band, but really like the look of this - inline drop targets, a couple of spinners, metal ramps and heaps of toys.

Really like John Borg's designs and with Lyman Sheats programming the game, should be a real winner for Stern.

Didn't realise how big Metallica are - 30,000,000 facebook followers alone - massive market to tap into - can see newbies to pinball buying the game, which is great for the hobby.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 09:27:56 PM »
Not a fan at all of the band, but really like the look of this - inline drop targets, a couple of spinners, metal ramps and heaps of toys.

Really like John Borg's designs and with Lyman Sheats programming the game, should be a real winner for Stern.

Didn't realise how big Metallica are - 30,000,000 facebook followers alone - massive market to tap into - can see newbies to pinball buying the game, which is great for the hobby.

I agree. The game looks a lot better than their recent titles.

Metallica are massive and never fail to draw a crowd. A VERY safe theme that could sell better than AC/DC. From what I've seen, it is going to push AC/DC for sure.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 10:04:33 PM »
The artwork looks like Ratfink hotrod/monster style which is kicks ass imo. This cartoon style artwork really works with pinball.

The pf looks similar layout to data easts G n R, especially the position of the ramps.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
The artwork looks like Ratfink hotrod/monster style which is kicks ass imo. This cartoon style artwork really works with pinball.

The pf looks similar layout to data easts G n R, especially the position of the ramps.

Will a Metallica be joining your AC/DC and Gunners ?

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »
Nino - I actually think the success of the recent AC/DC pinball ( as the majority of people/ players really like it ) will actually assist in driving sales of this Metallica pinball to be honest.

Stern are on a dead set winner here  - compare this 'tuffness title' and audio package and awesome artwork to a game yet to be produced with red slipper flippers and twinkle toe music.......it will surely smash that out of the ball park AND possibly be in the majority of buyers homes before you can click your heels 3 times  #@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2013, 10:19:17 PM »
Nino - I actually think the success of the recent AC/DC pinball ( as the majority of people/ players really like it ) will actually assist in driving sales of this Metallica pinball to be honest.

Stern are on a dead set winner here  - compare this 'tuffness title' and audio package and awesome artwork to a game yet to be produced with red slipper flippers and twinkle toe music.......it will surely smash that out of the ball park AND possibly be in the majority of buyers homes before you can click your heels 3 times  #@#

@@* @@* @@*

%.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.%

I want to see the toys work on this title - Metallica.   Its a one horse race definately.
Everyone at Stern must be on something very energising. They need to put some in the Koolaid over at the opposition.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 10:20:54 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2013, 10:35:57 PM »
Going to Sell like hot cakes id say more photos pls

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »

Stern are on a dead set winner here  - compare this 'tuffness title' and audio package and awesome artwork to a game yet to be produced with red slipper flippers and twinkle toe music.......it will surely smash that out of the ball park AND possibly be in the majority of buyers homes before you can click your heels 3 times  #@#

@@* @@* @@*

%.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.%

I want to see the toys work on this title - Metallica.   Its a one horse race definately.
Everyone at Stern must be on something very energising. They need to put some in the Koolaid over at the opposition.

A positive thread on Stern and The Metallica machine. Instead of pumping the Metallica Pin, the post HAS to end with a stab at JJP.  @@*

Cue the normal mud slinging back regarding Sterns' unfinished code, lack of quality in the build, photocopied manuals and LEDs that pop out during play.. seriously.. Back at square one.

That's why "fence sitters" like me won't buy Sterns. I call it "Goebbels' Sydrome"..

It does not take a brain surgeon to work out Metallica blows WOZ out the park regarding the theme, but it is hardy a "one horse race". Please..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2013, 10:42:05 PM »
Going to Sell like hot cakes id say more photos pls

Peter

Strike while the iron is hot. Love em or hate em, Stern are pumping out the titles in rapid succession.  This reminds me of the golden era back in the 70s. No pussy footing around here. Pinball to the masses while there is a strong desire.
No date committed but I am sure this is a definite 2013 release. That's the way it should be.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2013, 10:51:39 PM »
What ever happened to a sense of humour.  !@#   Even Stalin would have laughed at the red slippers etc. It was well written and entertaining.
Wotto said something funny, so whats the big deal. It is a one horse race at the moment. Stern is pumping out titles, and JJP has been spinning its wheels for ages. So what, things will change. They are brand new, they need time, or extra people to get WOZ started.  

Just because someone makes a joke doesnt mean things need to be looked at with a magnifying glass.

Hows it not a one horse race, Stern are boxing n sending out various titles, JJP hasnt started its production line.
In any event, back to the first question, what ever happened to a sense of humour, Wottos post was funny. No reason for any one to fret or worry. Even Jack might even laugh.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2013, 11:00:09 PM »
Awesome, lovin' it.
Can't wait to see what the different versions look like.

I agree with the comments regarding the pin bashing, I'm sick of it too.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »
John Borg told me via a recent email, that the NEW title would be released just after Fall.....

so if anyone can tell us when Fall is in the USA, u will have a rough date.  ^^^

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2013, 11:05:45 PM »
Sadly I won't be in a position to buy one and its really depressing...

All donations gladly accepted :(

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2013, 11:07:17 PM »
Nino, i regarded my comments about metallica riding success of the awesome acdc game to be very positive in all honesty.
It is difficult when someone cant state , what are in reality facts, that get misconstued as negative.
Personally i am extremely happy to fully support a company that is pumping out games and i really distrust car salesmen.

Cant wait to own this metallica pinball and enjoy the endless game enhancements known as code updates
Only today i was telling the metal heads at work the positive news about sterns upcoming title.
It will sit nicely between my recent stern purchases which are both great games to play
DW Drums rule !