Author Topic: Metallica - Stern - release 2013  (Read 55019 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Metallica - Stern - release 2013
« Reply #510 on: May 17, 2013, 10:04:00 AM »
That was a pretty un-inspiring video.

(((
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline tonyt

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #511 on: May 17, 2013, 10:43:33 AM »
The pro is being built first, guessing any teething problems will be addressed before starting on the Premiums and LE's. Suspect another video will be released for these models.

Would have liked to see Lyman actually playing the game in normal speed rather than fast motion.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #512 on: May 17, 2013, 11:21:48 AM »
It was only a very quick teaser video until the full length one is made, as John Borg is going away on annual leave, expect a lot more in the coming weeks incl high resoloution flyers etc.

I have some coming so will share when mine arrive.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #513 on: May 17, 2013, 11:28:23 AM »
I could be wrong but it looks like there is only one mode( fuel) and a bunch of multiballs. That is very disappointing from my point of view.
Still very keen to suss one out but atm from the videos I have seen it appears that this game will look way better than it plays.
On the plus side it looks and sounds way better than accadacca.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #514 on: May 17, 2013, 11:57:12 AM »
I could be wrong but it looks like there is only one mode( fuel) and a bunch of multiballs. That is very disappointing from my point of view.
Still very keen to suss one out but atm from the videos I have seen it appears that this game will look way better than it plays.

That’s about the way it is right now – but I am sure it will change with code updates.

We found a hurry up from the captive ball the other night.
It has 3 or 4 multiball’s
Within the multiball’s there are certain shots to make of course – but at this stage I reckon even those aren’t finished.
We had all the SNAKE inserts light at once a few nights back AND 3 small orange inserts near the FUEL shot came on at the same time – however shots to any of the lit shots didn’t do a lot ( the lamps didn’t go out  ) so again I am assuming there is ‘something’ to come in that area ( there has to be – it cant stay like that )

There is also ‘Crank it Up’ on the plastic above the Mystery hole – unsure what that will do.

The large PF inserts between the flippers do not light up after you achieve the respective multiball’s that ‘match’ the images on the inserts – so again I assume there will be bigger goals to achieve in order to get them lit.

I had one of the guitar picks ( Robs ) light the other night ( we heard ‘dont f*ck with Rob’ and then the pick insert for Rob lit ) but was unsure how I achieved that as I am sure I had hit the pick targets in previous games and the main pick insert between flippers didn’t light in those games.

In the settings there are quite a few adjustments available for End of The line’ – ( wizard mode ) so there has to be a way to go with the coding.

Yes it LOOKS awesome , and yes the shots are REALLY nice , but at this stage the game is I believe far from done , if they end up combining some tough rules with the flow and shots currently available then its a real winner.
Fingers crossed hey.
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #515 on: May 17, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »
+ 1

Very very early days, it will get the extra code/programming it deserves in the coming weeks n months, just like ACDC did, and ACDC is now a absolute winner in every way. Metallica probably got released extra early to take some Kudos away from JJP's WOZ release.
ACDC and Metallica machines side by side will be a nice view. Throw a Avengers and maybe a Star Trek into the mix, and Stern is on fire doing very very well.

John Borg has become the best pinball designer on the planet, and he has a lot of years n tables still in him.
Imagine whats going to happen in the next 5 years. Pinball is absolutely alive and thriving. Excellent. Go Stern.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #516 on: May 17, 2013, 12:34:28 PM »

That’s about the way it is right now – but I am sure it will change with code updates.

Within the multiball’s there are certain shots to make of course – but at this stage I reckon even those aren’t finished.
We had all the SNAKE inserts light at once a few nights back AND 3 small orange inserts near the FUEL shot came on at the same time – however shots to any of the lit shots didn’t do a lot ( the lamps didn’t go out  ) so again I am assuming there is ‘something’ to come in that area ( there has to be – it cant stay like that )

There is also ‘Crank it Up’ on the plastic above the Mystery hole – unsure what that will do.

The large PF inserts between the flippers do not light up after you achieve the respective multiball’s that ‘match’ the images on the inserts – so again I assume there will be bigger goals to achieve in order to get them lit.

I had one of the guitar picks ( Robs ) light the other night ( we heard ‘dont f*ck with Rob’ and then the pick insert for Rob lit ) but was unsure how I achieved that as I am sure I had hit the pick targets in previous games and the main pick insert between flippers didn’t light in those games.

In the settings there are quite a few adjustments available for End of The line’ – ( wizard mode ) so there has to be a way to go with the coding.

Yes it LOOKS awesome , and yes the shots are REALLY nice , but at this stage the game is I believe far from done , if they end up combining some tough rules with the flow and shots currently available then its a real winner.
Fingers crossed hey.

I have no doubt that there will be some cool updates on the way, just a shame that stern don't release games with just a little more than bare bones code.
Don't get me wrong I look forward to updates when they happen, would love another x update but it can get a bit frustrating waiting for new updates.
Some more modes would compliment the game nicely for sure.
Can you confirm that combo scoring is already in the code? I think I read somewhere on pinside that it was, that is a definite plus for me, love combo scoring.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #517 on: May 17, 2013, 12:48:02 PM »
I have had up to 4 way combos available ( scored and displayed as such ) on the DMD screen after hitting ramps and the orbit - but cant recall it going past 4. Shots were like 2 ramps , orbit, ramp ....... ^^^

I will try and get some seriosus time on it this weekend and take MUCH more notice of the combination sequences ( could take glass off but I like to discover as I play rather than do that )

Was also in 'And Justice For All' mode the other night and the lit shots scored ( constantly raising ) points awards ( jackpots, but didnt call Jackpot audibly from memory ) - but I noticed the score increase from each shot wnet up VERY little - I think the first shot was 286,000 ( a strange figure to start at anyway ) and then went up in increments of only 2k for each subsequent shot to other lit shots, I got the feeling the points awarded could / should be changed in code as well - because 2k doesn’t ‘feel’ like much of an award  #@#
DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #518 on: May 17, 2013, 01:31:50 PM »
photos or videos would be excellent if u are able...........

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #519 on: May 17, 2013, 02:40:49 PM »
here is a 15 minute video of Lyman Sheats playing the Metallica Pro

utoplay=1&rel=0
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #520 on: May 17, 2013, 06:08:01 PM »
Good vid

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #521 on: May 17, 2013, 06:42:14 PM »

Fingers crossed hey.

I have no doubt that there will be some cool updates on the way, just a shame that stern don't release games with just a little more than bare bones code.
Don't get me wrong I look forward to updates when they happen, would love another x update but it can get a bit frustrating waiting for new updates.
Some more modes would compliment the game nicely for sure.
Can you confirm that combo scoring is already in the code? I think I read somewhere on pinside that it was, that is a definite plus for me, love combo scoring.

Have to agree here.. i know updates are normal now but from what im reading the game is released far too early.. seems basic code isnt finished and in all honesty this is on par with WOZ demo machines being sent out to the dealers except in this case.. its sold to the end customer

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #522 on: May 17, 2013, 06:49:36 PM »
Any updates if Timezone Gold Coast has their 2 Metallica pros set up yet?
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline casperthefriendly

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #523 on: May 17, 2013, 07:28:32 PM »
Why on earth doesn't Stern release rule sheets for it's games?

Appreciate the code isn't finished yet, but would it really be that hard to release information about what you are actually supposed to do in each mode?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #524 on: May 17, 2013, 07:47:03 PM »
Why on earth doesn't Stern release rule sheets for it's games?

Appreciate the code isn't finished yet, but would it really be that hard to release information about what you are actually supposed to do in each mode?

? Perhaps its because the info would be super-ceeded a few days or weeks after release with all the new code coming out so often ??, but its certainly a good question. I would imagine that things get invented and changed too quick for a deep printed rule set. Now that there is competition, it seems everyone is holding info close to their chests.

Stern knows its customers don't mind waiting a little for the code updates, so it releases machines to cash in literally to the excitement that is generated initially around a new release. Welcome to all things new n shiny. People just love to be the first owners of brand spanking new toys.
It will all be history in 3 or 4 months when much more code is finalised and people are ready to order anyway.