Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 129284 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #810 on: April 07, 2016, 08:23:08 PM »
What would the general consensus be if Stern started charging customers for code updates?

I would have no problem with that at all.

So in my case, I pay 50% for my KISS LE and then I pay 10% each time they take steps to complete the code. Over time, Stern finishes my game, and I don't get angry waiting for the game to be completed. It also encourages Stern to work on the current games instead of adding code for toppers and other crap. If they don't finish the game, they don't maximize their return.

OK - going back 8 pages I made this post:

Anyway... new Sterns are now some $12K... that's an awful lot of moolah. Sterns marketing ploy is that IF you want to own a title you have to buy incomplete to secure it ( its a pretty shithouse situation). So we end up with people like Nino who have to buy in order to own whether they like it or not. LE's are just that.. well, meant to be limited edition. In all fairness, these games should come fully coded... but they don't.

So a 12K machine is sold for $10K and if you want code updates then you buy them from Stern.. complete code is $2K. Or you can keep your $10K version as it is.

No hang on a minute.. that wont work as it still means Stern have to have completed code as an added extra and completing code is Sterns achilles heel.

Ok - plan B.

You all pay a deposit to secure a game..LE..Pro whatever but don't pay the full amount till code is finished and then you get your game... now this is fair to both parties because at the moment Stern are taking your money for something they don't have.

Oh.. forgot, its pinball and this is accepted practice.

Ok everyone, move along, nothing to see here

And if you want to read anything into the sunset picture Stern posted, my interpretation is that its on the horizon and seeing as the sun is 97 million miles away.. your code is a bloody long way off!!!