Author Topic: AC/DC pinball  (Read 15486 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: AC/DC pinball
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2012, 01:19:59 AM »
here is how I see it. You are obviously not going to make everyone happy all at the same time, BUT first impressions I think to most people, including AC-DC fans like myself, who grew up with AC-DC and went to many concerts is that the theme isnt very rock n roll colour wise. It looks like it has been dummed down for a kids play centre or disney land or something.

Sometimes simple works. I mentioned the colours of Black Knight 2000 before, because you cant go past red black silver for rock n roll etc. sometimes less is more.
I personally would have had say 10 album covers, like for like, on the playfield as a background with band member pictures on drop targets etc etc etc.
The big head doesnt work, just because it is ugly. I would have stuck Angus picture with his whole body standing with guitar being played with his hat on etc which is his most famous pose, not the ugly head.

Also, pinball machines shld be like cars when u release them. let me use a brand new Ford Falcon or Commodore as an example. Usually, the base model represents absolute value for money, with the base model being excellent bang for ya buck. Then u move up to say a done up Fairmont?Calais with chrome work etc, then u move up to the big Kahoona like a GT or a R8 Clubsport or whatever. The release of the pins shld be the same.
next 2 models up shld also represent great value, but look like they are a step up that is easily recognisable. The way it is now, u cant tell what is what and it is all too confusing, and way too expensive. The top model shld have a extra playfield, but so shld the base model. It shld be about chrome work, and a change in siderails or legs or something asthetic, not something that makes the base model look like it has missed out. Because the way it is now, it makes the top model too dear, and the resale of the base model dies quickly. Tryt n sell one in 12 months time. NOPE. People will say "is it the LE, otherwise not interested.

Stern is great, for being alive and making pins, but the WOW factor is missing on the AC DC pin. Its a shame. Hope they change it before it is too late.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !