Author Topic: AC/DC pinball  (Read 15368 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: AC/DC pinball
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 08:35:28 PM »
Like the idea and layout though the big head is a bit much, though agree there might be a sub playfield because if there is the ball has to go down somewhere and come back up. Wondering if on the rhs side where the box cover - canyon is, is where the ball would pop back up.

Or could it be a small lcd or such showing video clips / modes as at least you could see it during game play unlike on the backbox.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 08:37:45 PM »
Agreed.... i DO like the look of it... notice all the clear ramps... everything above the PF is see through so you can see the full PF... opens the look of this game right up and doesnt look cluttered.
Excellent stuff on the part of Stern.. and yes, sited this will make a killing... best thing for pinball since TAF and TZ IMO

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 10:20:21 PM »
reading between the lines
of the pro list
"Fixed" Bell  Fixed Detonator_ so I'm thinking that they will have movement on the "LE"... maybe

the Apex of both ramps are covered/ blocked for  some strange reason and  is it just me but one 89 flasher  on each ramp and none on the slings, and behind the 3 bank stand ups looks like dead space

makes me think the LE will have a lot more 
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline snapperjoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 10:38:35 PM »
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting prices but have been run off my feet with orders today. First 40ft container has been ordered for Perth with more sure to come.

The pricing has been released today for the Ac/Dc pinball with I feel is very reasonable considering all the Licencing costs etc associated with this pinball. As you already know, there will be 4 models released.

They are the Pro model $5950, Premium model $8200, the L/E Back in Black (300 only) $9250 and the L/E Let There Be Rock (200 only) $9250. No doubt the L/E will be sold out quickly. The Pro and Premium models will be on going for a while so nobody should miss out on these.

I have attached a official Stern release of the differences between the games for those who have not seen it yet. The only photos available are of the Pro model which most people have already seen.

Regards,

Joe Tripoli
KIDS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN AMUSEMENT HIRE PERTH
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722

Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 11:48:58 PM »
Im having a sicky the day that 40 footer lands *)*
Stern jam them in tight

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2012, 11:59:08 PM »
Stern jam them in tight

Acca Slacca
<.>
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 12:33:54 AM »
Stern jam them in tight

yer that sounds like you....

Offline tura67

• Forum Posts:
  • Holland / the Netherlands
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 04:55:52 AM »
I'll be back!
Pins: SS, T2, LOTR           Gone: Dr Who

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 08:00:39 AM »
I have no doubt this will do well, and yes, worst kept pinball secret ever! I think we have known this was coming since 2010?

That Angus face in the middle of the playfield does absolutely nothing for me, though. How can I put this nicely: Angus is not loved for his face but rather for his voice and his energy on stage.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 09:20:42 AM »
Cabinet artwork looks great.  For me personally, I was expecting or hoping for something along the lines of a Centaur colour scheme - heaps of black with red, white and yellow here and there.

I am sure it will do well but the playfield artwork is a bit of a let down for me.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 10:50:49 AM »

Looks like the Angus face is on the premium mini pf as well...yikes! Train toy sounds cool, shaker motor on the LE but not the premium...wtf..another blatant cash grab.
Far too much $$ for me as I'm not a huge fan of the band and they are totally different games from the pro to the LE and there is no way I could look at that pf pic of Angus which looks nothing like Angus. Sorry Stern I think this one will play well but that pro version is just too much for me to look at and once again it is a LE or nothing scenario, dunno if all the hard core acdc fans will be shelling out 9.25k for a le pin but you never know..... (((
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 11:02:21 AM »
Cabinet artwork looks great.  For me personally, I was expecting or hoping for something along the lines of a Centaur colour scheme - heaps of black with red, white and yellow here and there.

I am sure it will do well but the playfield artwork is a bit of a let down for me.

I thought the same, I was expecting something Less colourful

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2012, 12:43:41 PM »
ABSOLUTE YUK YUK YUK YUK.

I reckon the artwork everywhere on this pinball looks very cheap n nasty x 100. Colours are just yuk n crappy. Sorry STERN. You got it very wrong again !

The browny red colours of the whole thing remind me of the browny yuk of the Maverick Pinball. The playfield looks dull and the large head looks like shite. Who wants to look at that all day playing pinball. Someone should have looked at the colours on something like a Black Knight 2000, with the nice combinations of red with black n silver.
This AC-DC pin is a massive letdown. It even makes the Rolling Stones machine look good, and that was a disaster. What are STERN doing ?

This is one ugly pinball machine, and will drop in value due to ugliness. The pricing seems way too high.
Stern should design one great game, not a cheap version, with a cheaper version, followed by a cut rate even cheaper version ! 3 models is silly. What about the days where u just released one really well layed out model, which came in one great package. Sorry, but it is just ugly and the whole thing looks cheap.

I have finally decided Stern is doomed for all time. If they have farked up this release, nothing else ever has a chance of getting off the ground. The recent Avatar and Iron Man pins looked way way better. To all the people awaiting this title, u must feel shattered by the ugly'ness. Its a 10 song jukebox for 10 grand with ugly art everywhere.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2012, 01:59:42 PM »
Like the idea and layout though the big head is a bit much, though agree there might be a sub playfield because if there is the ball has to go down somewhere and come back up. Wondering if on the rhs side where the box cover - canyon is, is where the ball would pop back up.

Could be a captive ball on the mini playfield, no need for an entry/exit point then. !@#
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »
I have thought long and hard about this and I am now positive without a doubt...this is the ugliest stern pro pinball i have ever seen.
I wonder if the band got to see the final product and if they were happy with it? Surely if they did they would have fired the design team on the spot..unless they were too busy counting the $$ as well.
I showed a mate of mine who is a hard core acdc fan the pics for this pin this arvo and even he said it looks more gay rock than hard rock...and thats from a fan. He was thinking of making this his first pin...not any more!!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 08:27:47 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"