Author Topic: AC/DC pinball  (Read 15371 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: AC/DC pinball
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 09:56:49 PM »

premium
LE

whats the Difference
Prob about 1k-1.5k..unless there are more le le's to come?
Steve Ritchie on board gives me hope that it will be a belter...but I thought that about the TF pro version with gomez on board and it was pretty good but whats the point when the LE has extra shots and mini pf, it makes it a different game.
I hope I am wrong but I reckon the LE will have extra shots etc like TF and prob be the only one worth buying?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:58:48 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline snapperjoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 11:28:44 AM »
Hi Guys,

Stern has now releasesd on their website some details of the pro model along with some photos. Pricing is still not available yet but should be released shortly.

Regards,

Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusement4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA

Offline chillie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 11:50:38 AM »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 12:27:19 PM »
Early days but it looks like a good fast player( looks a lot like the ironman layout but maybe thats just me),the pf artwork looks a little bit so/so for mine, that big angus head looks a bit dud to me but it looks like on the LE model there will be a mini pf under it so maybe that artwork won't be on the LE?
The cab art looks great and I am very happy to see no toy on a track like rolling stones.
I am sure the audio will be fantastic and the dmd should be interesting, so the fans should be happy.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 03:28:56 PM »
Sounds like some great features, exciting, +1 about the LE not having the awful Angus head, thank god  @.@
Looking foward to seeing it.  ()

Offline Micksamusements

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »
Better make mine an LE Joe   ^^^

thanks for the link Chillie *%*

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 06:56:53 PM »
Nice playfield layout on the pro version,but the whole thing is let down badly in my opinion with that big head  ^.^,WTF how could they let this be the final artwork on the playfield.Could not buy this model with that staring at me.I am waiting to see the prices on the LE models of which will not have that on it and will make a call then on a purchase.I am thinking the LE models will be pushing 9k here ?.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 07:04:18 PM »
More punter...Another authorised distributor says the Premium is $8200 and the LE is $9250.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 07:26:16 PM »
More punter...Another authorised distributor says the Premium is $8200 and the LE is $9250.
Thanks for that mate,if those prices are correct you can count me out.I said when the Transformer LE prices for the 2 top of the range models came out that we would get slugged more for ACDC,but it sounds like you are getting a lot more bang for your dollars with ACDC compared to the Transformers.I was hoping it would be around the 8.5k mark but for me if the price quoted is right i could buy a few nice machines for that  *%*.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »

Don't like Angus' head artwork. I had to look twice to work out who it was supposed to be. It don't look like Angus to me. A real waste of space. Then there's a tiny band picture, and the mode inserts squashed near the flippers. Really BAD design !

I would have preferred some album artwork and some recognition of Bon Scott.

I like the idea of an open playfield - just don't like the art in that area.

The rustic "Hell's Bells" and the Juke Box inserts are very clever ideas.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 07:47:04 PM »
Stern ALWAYS have pics of the main characters up the centre of the PF... with the big Angus head, theyve kinda broken with tradition... but then for comfort we get the band picture.
We must also assume that ACDC gave seal of approval to the artwork... so Angus likes it!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 07:50:12 PM »
im not an acdc fan, but for a band pinball it looks good imo, dig the rusty bell, adn the old juke box style play list behind the rusty bell. the head could have been faded into the background instead of bordered, but looks good other wise, this machine would make a bloody killing in a pub, i think its good to see a machine that looks like it should be sited rather than sitting in a home. i also like the little heligen light on the side, it would look like a concert at night time with the light that would come off that. i recon thats cool, also like the crimped connectors on the tnt handle, makes the machine look hand made, some nice touches imo
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:54:43 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 07:54:47 PM »
With the talk about the sub playfield you could reasonably assume that the Angus head area will be gone on the LE version and a window put in there.
Look at the shape of the art, make a big sub playfield.
Can't wait for some pics of the LE.

Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 07:58:55 PM »

Love the ramps shots. I'm not an AC/DC fan, but this title will do very well. Just the Angus artwork looks strange to me. Can't wait to play it !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »
I actually agree, it does look like its bodered like it could be something put in its place on a more exy version, like holo or as stated a lower playfield, if thats the case ill retract my statement about the head being bordered. the more i look at it the more i see little cool touches to it. it does look period style which i like also. unlike the cuttout of art on the wizard of oz pin which i hate, the scrap book style picture cutouts on this machine is good, as its almost like a school book  with images stuck to it by some teen in the 80s who was a fan of acdc would have. all these cut outs of alomost magazine pictures stuck onto it really works. and it does have that sort of look to it, which is what i have noticed acdc fans do who plaster their work shops with posters and acda images, even see it it like biky pubs that sort of style. think this would be a huge hit in the pub scene. this should be good for pinball and shouldnt be to hard to sell this to a pub in any country, in fact i recon the more used it looks the better this machine will look. if i was going to sterio type the acdc fan as a whole i would say, sort of rough around the edges, like ratrods, and the smell of sigaretes and beer. not neat pretty things, recon this machine looks like it fits into that sort of theme. the dirtier and more beat up this machine gets the cooler it looks, i dig that
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 08:24:01 PM by Olivia_jason »