Author Topic: Williams World Cup (1978) restoration  (Read 2990 times)

Offline infinite1977

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lower Templestowe
  • Roger 504 apprehend him
Re: Williams World Cup (1978) restoration
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2010, 01:01:11 PM »
OK, worked out issue with J2 connector. The female plug on the power board has some solder stuck in it, so I was able to remove it. Quite lucky, as I have never used a soldering iron and had a friend leave one here as he was sick of always bringing it over when ever I needed any wiring done. ^^^

so Now I have the power board ready to go and fused up, what exactly do I do to make sure it works. I have tried reading the pinrepair guide, but I just dont understand the terminology. I need someone to dumb it down for me. It is just a matter of running a mm onto it or something. If anyone can give me an idea of where to start that would be good.

I do no have any other boards on as yet so there should be no issue of damaging anything.

Cheers.

P.S cleaned up the inside of the back box a little as there were some old burn marks with the help of a friend. It is coming up ok. Will post some pics, and I also got my hands on some displays, just need one more cabe as I was one short. does anyone have one they are willing to part with? Need the one to go from the little display to the master. (Hope that makes sense.)

Cheers