Author Topic: Stern - Big Juicy Melons - going into production  (Read 60204 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Problem with waiting Cavey is that if you don't show interest in a new pin (WNBJM) now I doubt AMD will order so potentially advising those to sit and wait a few months is risky due to the potential low manufacturing numbers. Stern won't want to hold stock as they will want the distros to hold it so all depends if AMD take the minimum order size only or minimum plus a few. I am not supporting AMD prices nor people to rush in but AMD only place a certain sized order based on interest.

Also they only offer discounts to those that have purchased multiple NIB's.

If they only make 300 machines that is roughly just a weeks manufacturing and I know they have been manufacturing some this week as pretty sure the Texas show is on this weekend in which based on that video they are taking 5 machines so it will be interesting the feedback from that - if it is over priced, people love it, if the hype turns around.....  Hopefully AMD place their order after the Texas show to see if Stern lower the price a little and pass that on to the guys that have locked in already.

Edit - just saw on Pinside that gameroomguys price includes free shipping so call it $750 below the MSRP not including freight and they are a retailer not a distro.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 07:53:16 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts