Author Topic: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion  (Read 6383 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2016, 08:38:21 PM »
I'm pretty excited right now!!!!, but lets start a few hours back.

Spent time finalising assemblies and wiring plugs etc for a while, then a mate came over and had some ideas on how to fix the stripped gear. Ended up glueing some nylon from a under playfield wire holder onto the stripped area, then filing them back to the correct shape.

Worked an absolute treat, and functioned perfectly.

In the meantime, i hooked up a dodgy launch button....

Started installing the drawbridge, and discovered that the actuator arm was not only rubbing on the moat, but also the side of the playfield - from what i have read elsewhere, most repro playfields require some minor adjustments. Had to put a small sanding drum on the dremel and sand a bit out to the right of the drawbridge so the arm wouldn't rub.

After that, it was time to assemble the ramps and wireforms and rest of the castle. A few minor issues such as some posts needed to be shimmed up, minor bending of wireforms and had one lane guide (right at the back, under the ramps!!) that had to be bent so the ball didn't get stuck.

It all came together pretty quickly then!

So it was with great anticipation that I hit the start button for the first time.......and......the ball rolled into the shooter lane and fell into the bottom of the cabinet!!!!  No post installed below the ball trough exit - so put one in, then handed over to our 5 year old for the first go.

Hit the button, and no flippers!  Plugged them in, and it was off - see results of the first game here.  He is pretty stoked with the whole thing!!

A few switches needed adjusting, and the ball sometimes got stock between the moat and the left popper if rolling slowly. Still have plenty to sort out of the minor issues, but on the whole it is playing at the moment and i am one happy camper!

Still obviously plenty to do, such as wire all flashers, finsh installing plastics, translite, tidy wiring and all the cabinet work.

But at the moment, i'm just going to enjoy playing it for a while before doing anything else.