Author Topic: Gary Stern talks Transformers Home Pin  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Gary Stern talks Transformers Home Pin
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 03:42:55 PM »
As a self employed person I guess I am allowed to comment? However, i dont see that as making me or my opinions  special, and certainly have respect for all people who work behind a desk or not. Everyone's endeavours should be treated with respect.

This toy is a sad thing, a weak attempt by Stern to tap a home market which GS himself treated with disdain for years. I think it will fail for all the reasons members have mentioned. I can't fathom the idea that we should be positive about this and/or stern to influence 'lurkers'- they are entitled to hear the opinions of long time collectors, good or bad.

I never said my opinions or I was special. That was not written anywhere at all.

This is a classic example of how people read something and just make up their version out of nothing which to me is just comical.

I read all the other posts, and it seems we are talking different languages. I am talking half a glass full, and some others are talking half a glass empty.
I also didnt stop doing security because I thought the industry was negative, I had 2 x operations for cancer and melanoma, plus a 3rd operation which was unrelated to those other 2, and have had the last 9 months off.
The funny thing about a forum, is that people read a post, and completely interperet what is written about ten different ways.
Sometimes I sit here and wonder how people can take something that seems to be very straight forward, and just twist things to such a different level, that they are now talking about something completely different.

I thought we were talking about pinball on here, but some people just want to talk about other people and their different opinions and sometimes try n make the person with a different opinion be the minority with barbed comments.
Perhaps a few members on here should read the book Animal Farm. All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. Which isnt or shouldnt be the way. I am talking about Stern, and then some people are talking about me cause I have a different opinion. What the hell has my security industry got to do with Stern. An example, where we should be talking about the Pin or Stern, but not about the member cause a member has a different opinion....

It would have been nice to see some really positive comments after my long positive talk about promoting pinball and about focusing on positives etc. But when i woke up this morning and saw mostly negative comments as usual, it certainly didnt surprise me.

Anyway, I think the topic was Sterns Home Pin.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:46:41 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !