Author Topic: Alice in Wonderland - Jpop's 3rd Pin  (Read 11087 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Alice in Wonderland - Jpop's 3rd Pin
« on: February 24, 2013, 08:15:44 AM »
This just became public that Jpop is going to make a Alice in Wonderland, a few things that will be interesting - well over $10k based on Zombieland and god knows when as his first 2 pins have not been made as yet.

just a teaser
http://www.pinballinventor.org/games.html
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Jpop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Alice in Wonderland - Jpop's 3rd Pin
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 11:00:26 AM »
hello...well no prices or any sales info have been set for AIW, we will be showing Magic Girl™ soon! Just wanted to let people know what's around the bend. Jpop

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 11:16:13 AM »
hello...well no prices or any sales info have been set for AIW, we will be showing Magic Girl™ soon! Just wanted to let people know what's around the bend. Jpop

Hello John, welcome to Aussie Pinball!  %)%
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 12:35:36 PM »
Welcome John, great to see you found us.  ^^^

for pinball t-shirts

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »
 %)% John, I look forward to seeing Magic girl revealed  *%*

Offline Jpop

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 11:38:13 PM »
happy to be here! do folks still operate pinball down under, or is mainly now a collectible retro thing? Jpop

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 11:14:51 AM »
happy to be here! do folks still operate pinball down under, or is mainly now a collectible retro thing? Jpop

There are no where near as many pinball operated today that there was in the 70's - 90's.The machines that are operated are usually only there to earn money for the operator. The old saying rings true - "As long as the coin mech works.."

In terms of a Collectible / Retro thing - I think I would be right in saying there are more containers arriving into our country than any other. The home market exploded around 6-7 years ago when supply could not meet demand. There are a lot of machines going into private collections, and collectors have many sources to buy games from in Australia. I've been in the industry since birth (My Father was an operator in the 50's), and I've been a collector for 15 years and now I run a full time business with restoration work booked out for at least the next 2 years. It is a buyer's market. It is HUGE downunder !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Jpop

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2013, 02:39:29 AM »
so who is a typical pinball customer? here we in the USA we see tech folk in their 20's, older collectors in their 40s-50s and lot's of non-pinball retro people. Most families do not buy pinball ($$$) for home use and there are few places for kids to play. So then us pinball makers should design just for the Aussie market and power requirements? Jpop

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2013, 09:26:00 AM »
typical pinball customer age group I believe (correct me if I am wrong guys) is your 40-50 year old guys with probably 80-85% going to the home market. But guys like Strangeways could possibly refine this as he has a big customer base for restores.

Also you could check out the calendar to gauge the members ages as who ever registered and placed their birth date will have their age listed.
http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?action=calendar
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 09:28:48 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 11:30:38 AM »
so who is a typical pinball customer? here we in the USA we see tech folk in their 20's, older collectors in their 40s-50s and lot's of non-pinball retro people. Most families do not buy pinball ($$$) for home use and there are few places for kids to play. So then us pinball makers should design just for the Aussie market and power requirements? Jpop

Mostly 40-50 age group who want to relive their youth. I am also in that age group and most of my restoration work leads towards the EMs and SS machines prior to 1983.

The younger guys are mainly video Arcade guys that didn't play pinball in the arcades (because there were little if any pinball on site in the late 90's). They visit collector's homes that own pinballs in their collection and they are hooked. These guys are late 20's - 30's, and ALWAYS want DMDs.

Pinball has been on the rise for the last 7 years in Australia. Advertising and awareness makes a huge difference. The governing factor is the quality of machines presented to the customer base. Collectors either want projects to restore themselves, or High End Restorations. New collectors to the hobby are not as fussy. The NIB experience was rare, now it it very common (for the home market).

I think the theme is more important than the age group. For example, if a US based pinball manufacturer wanted to produce a pinball for the Aussie Market, you would make a killing with "Mad Max". The movie has a cult following and it is an Aussie movie that was an instant hit worldwide.

The trend these days is for Stern and JJP to announce a license before the table is designed. That's not how it was done in the glory days. Some collectors buy on the theme, regardless of the design. But those days were different with all the big manufacturers churning out games every month !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Jpop

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2013, 11:45:14 PM »
remember too announcing games earlier in the design phase, allow potential owners to chime in and contribute to the development of the pinball. That is what we do. So owners can actually "affect" the outcome of the design. All good ideas we try to put in the game if it works, under the designers watchful eye. But the rise of the 20-something collector here in the USA is good for the hobby too.  Jpop

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 02:53:31 PM »
%)% John, I look forward to seeing Magic girl revealed  *%*

Update.  ^&^

Half a playfield.

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 10:08:18 PM »
Wonder why the King and Queen cards are upside down. It looks odd?

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 10:54:16 PM »
Wonder why the King and Queen cards are upside down. It looks odd?
check out a ToM and you'll get it. Maybe they plan using a mirror up top that will flip everything the right way up.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 10:56:56 PM »
It looks like it is an amalgam of ToM and TOTAN.