Author Topic: Nintendo cocktail table what are they worth?  (Read 5195 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Nintendo cocktail table what are they worth?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2013, 10:10:12 PM »
Unsure of the various cabinets that came out. I have a Hankins tabletop, but I thought all tabletops were the same. Where do all the cabs fall in the rankings of quality and pricing?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2013, 10:58:24 PM »
Hankins I'd rate as the best.  They have the 20inch screen compared to most other 14 inch monitors.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »
Unsure of the various cabinets that came out. I have a Hankins tabletop, but I thought all tabletops were the same. Where do all the cabs fall in the rankings of quality and pricing?

The Nintendo cabs would have to be one of the better quality built machines if not the best, all steel construction apart from the timber top.
Some of the later LAI ones use a lot of particleboard and these are always affected by moisture & quite often the laminate is peeling off.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 12:00:03 AM »
Right so you can spot a hankin because it has a 20" crt. Great seeing i only knew mine was one because i was told so. Are they worth anything or just better because of the crt size capacity?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 12:08:35 AM »
If it helps Dan, I sold a 1978 model cocktail cabinet, in very similar condition to a guy who wanted the original look n feel, it had only 3 games onboard and he was happy to pay $700. Because it cost me alot less, i said $500. He was verry happy.

I then bought a 1978 one which someone had added the 48 in 1 board etc, and when i sold that, I had people lined up wanting to pay $700 plus.
Dont underestimate the original old age to it, some people want the 78 or 80 whatever year model orig cabinet n carcass, cause it brings back memories. Alot of people dont want 2012 build cabinets.

Do it up n u shld get top dollar either way. Maybe things get more money in QLD ? but hope it helps.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 12:23:19 AM »
Thanks guys