Author Topic: Playfield Full Protection Product with Photos !  (Read 31934 times)

Offline BioBa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Playfield Full Protection Product with Photos !
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2013, 12:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the info.
Freight from the US and Germany is always very high. UK is much cheaper but I could not find a seller.

Offline BioBa

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2013, 12:31:52 PM »
Anybody elese wants to order to combine shipping? I only want to get one for ToM.
I live in Brisbane.

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
Playfield Full Protection Product with Photos !
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2014, 12:49:58 PM »
Holy shit, just saw this thread now... would be perfect for my HS which has raided inserts and some minor PF wear. I was cautious about touching it up only to have it wear again, but a touch up and this would be perfect!

Hope they make one for it. Got my hopes up seeing the photos in the OP before I realized it was Getaway :(

Edit: Damnit, can't catch a damn break. No HS.

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2014, 07:39:24 PM »
Looks like a great product. it would be even better if they did them by request for not so common machines.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline big dog

• Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »
they use lexan in armoured cars ect... it can stop a bullet....20g shot gun 9slug)  have seen results with 25mm\40mm used this years ago.... you can fold it in a folder or brake press and get nice 90 degree bends.. goes brittle over time and sun... have not seen any go yellow ever..classed as mar resistant (small scratches)   have used on moto stuff (guards ect)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2014, 09:23:42 PM »
Looks like a great product. it would be even better if they did them by request for not so common machines.

Not as easy as it sounds.. someone has to sit down and vectorise the playfield so the product can be cut exactly each and every time.. its a long and tedious job but an essential one so the product is as it should be.
Doing this for one offs is just not viable.. you have to balance how much effort required to how many you reckon you might sell.. 99% of machines made just wont even get a look in

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2014, 10:03:09 PM »
Yeah i understand theres a lot involved in the production of this roduct. and its a shame really as there would be so many older machines that could benefit from it.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2014, 11:24:57 AM »
There *is* a High Speed one! Just wasn't on Planetary. EXCITE!!! Means I can look at touching up without fear of it wearing back down again.

Offline joele

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2014, 07:40:42 PM »
There *is* a High Speed one! Just wasn't on Planetary. EXCITE!!! Means I can look at touching up without fear of it wearing back down again.

Yep I did that with RFM, also the gloss coating above 'hides' the touch ups to some degree, well I don't know if hide is the right works but you see them far less even if imperfect... too busy looking at the shiny playfield ;-)

I put them on every machine now, ordered for judge dredd and shadow too..

Still no TRON love though, weird, they have already released for the new stern star trek but still no interest in doing one for Tron...

Durability so far seems very high too..
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 06:28:48 PM »
what a excellent product this turned out to be.

a big thankyou to the guys who purchased and reported back with great/positive results for other AP members.

I will have a look at their site and see what playfields they do it for n report back a list.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 09:38:06 PM »
If you're having a look Cavey, you're best having a poke around bestofpinball.de. I think Bay Area Amusements was the US online retailer selling them as well, but a VERY limited selection compared to the German site.

I think it ended up costing me around $250AU to get shipped here. 100 Euro for the protector, but I wound up ordering some extra stuff that's hard to get here whilst keeping the shipping the same (an upper-right Fliptronic rebuild kit to throw in my HS) to kind of justify the price. IMO it's still a steal for what you're getting: a hassle  and commitment-free alternative to clearcoating.

I have a busy few weeks coming up with the GP and Texas, but I'll post my impressions here of it when I get a chance to put 'er in :)

Offline joele

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »
my BSD one is starting to show some scratching on the protector, still fine but they do wear much quicker than a play-field, but better the protector than the play-field..
-----
Current - Dr Who, The Shadow, Judge Dredd, Bram Stoker's Dracula and Star Wars DE

Owned but Sold - Indiana Jones, Revenge from mars, Fish Tales, Tron Pro

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2014, 04:42:42 PM »
OK, I have 2 x Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash Pinballs -Bally 1990 that I wanted to do with the shiny playfield protectors with.

GREAT NEWS.

I found that Bay Area Amusements has them for around $114 or $119 each plus shipping (haven't worked out shipping yet).
So will look into this over the next few days to see if its cheaper to go thru the USA seller versus the Euro seller.

Anyone had any figures for postage from the USA yet ? Any help would be appreciated/good.
Anyone ordering any from Bay Area and want to share costs with shipping to Brisy/GoldCoast ? If not, any other shipping advice would be good.

Brett

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline skywalker

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2014, 04:49:54 PM »
Ask prior if they are shipping them flat packet or rolled up  #@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2014, 04:57:00 PM »
do I want rolled or flat.....does it farkkk up the product.

K, found the Euro seller wants $100 euros each x 2 bugs bunny machines equals $200 plus a total of $42 euros for shipping together.

$242 euros is what in USA or Aussie dollars.

Bay Area wants $119 USA dollars each, and still waiting on shipping....who will be cheapest...?  who would u buy from, euro dude or the USa guys. ?