Author Topic: A BUMP in the road  (Read 20511 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: A BUMP in the road
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 10:27:32 PM »
That sucks mate... sorry to hear about the redundancy and your little one... ours caught golden staff in the hospital during the birth and on antibiotics within first week of life... not good mate but she pulled through OK and all ended well.
It will turn around mate.. its the how long will it take bit that kills... all the best to you Jady - you deserve better

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 11:08:05 PM »
What line of work are you in?

project management and mechanical engineer, but Newcastle is going into a engineering / mining slump at the moment (good old mining tax caused major issues) so mines are letting go of people and engineering shops are shutting, and then Westrac (CAT) let go of 200 people today so competition will be up as well .....

looking forward to a surf and clearing the head tomorrow
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 11:11:34 PM »
Dump the redundancy payment on a Metallica and enjoy!

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 11:39:02 PM »
Chin up mate.  I have my fingers crossed for you.  I am sure something better will turn up in the very near future.

Move down to Albury and escape the rat race.  The only thing we don't have down here is salt water and surf, which also means no nasty bitey fish in the water either.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2013, 12:03:19 AM »
Chin up mate.  I have my fingers crossed for you.  I am sure something better will turn up in the very near future.

Move down to Albury and escape the rat race.  The only thing we don't have down here is salt water and surf, which also means no nasty bitey fish in the water either.

So no rat race, no fishing and no surf... does it have a cinema?

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2013, 09:02:10 AM »
Sorry to hear about your bad luck Jady . Hope it all works out for you well very soon .
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 09:19:01 AM »

So no rat race, no fishing and no surf... does it have a cinema?

Yes there is a cinema believe it or not, even has Gold Class where you are waited on during the movie.  Plenty of fishing, it's just freshwater so we have the likes of Trout, Redfin, Murray Cod, Yellowbelly.  No sharks to worry about. If you like boating then there are plenty of spots to go.  When we moved down here from the coast (Bulli - Wollongong area) I didn't think I would last more than 2 years...can't see us ever moving now.

Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2013, 10:55:35 AM »
Chin up Jady, it is a sign of the times. I was made redundant 20 years ago and it crushed me. Since that time I had 3 jobs and stayed at each job for 6-7 years. So as one door closes, another opens. Just hang in there.

Little one will recover. Kids always have a knack of getting over the nasties and coming out the other end stronger for it !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2013, 12:59:20 PM »

looking forward to a surf and clearing the head tomorrow
[/quote]

Best way. get that happy medium flowing again. Huey will smile upon you mate,

GOT TO HAVE THE BAD TIMES TO MAKE THE GOOD TIMES BETTER!

all the best, the wave I missed the other day I give to you my friend.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2013, 01:01:33 PM »
had a surf, beautiful weather, got a few waves and nice to kick back and take it in

thanks all for the positivity, get the CV up to scratch and start the hunt

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2013, 02:01:35 PM »
had a surf, beautiful weather, got a few waves and nice to kick back and take it in

thanks all for the positivity, get the CV up to scratch and start the hunt

Not sure if your married Jady but maybe get the wife to work extra shifts lol and that way you can surf and take it easy that sounds better than a real job :-)

Peter

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2013, 04:50:38 PM »
Jady,

Really sorry to hear that mate. Speaking from personal experience where i got booted at the end of last year (and no redundancy) and without work for 3 months i know how tough it is at the moment.  While everyone says to keep your chin up, and things will get better, it is hard to understand and accept, it is right.  Since getting the boot, i had time at home (couldn't really enjoy it though due to financial pressure of no income.  BUT since eventually getting a new job, its been the best thing. Enjoy the new job more and am far more relaxed as there was a heap of crud going on at the old workplace that i didn't need.

If you need to sell pins or anything else, do it, they can be replaced, valuable time with your family cannot.

Also, all the best with your bub, again i know how it feels as we just spent the last 3 days in hospital with our 4 week old with a viral throat infection...

Rob

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 10:51:47 PM »
Sorry to hear mate. I got the sack 3 weeks ago. Been laying low even not visiting here much. All happened within 2 seconds when my boss emailed me saying no time off for staff in September as he has plans of taking the wife away. I mentioned I put in a request in March for that same weekend in September that clashed with his week off. Two seconds later I was gone after 7 years.

Guess what my weekend was for.......yep pinfest......I knew pinball wasn't good for me  %.%

First time sacked, first time unemployed, have no f@%king idea what to do.  ^.^

Good luck with the hunt mate
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 10:59:56 PM »
sorry to hear mate, not a nice feeling, hopefully you to will find something

all the best

Sorry to hear mate. I got the sack 3 weeks ago. Been laying low even not visiting here much. All happened within 2 seconds when my boss emailed me saying no time off for staff in September as he has plans of taking the wife away. I mentioned I put in a request in March for that same weekend in September that clashed with his week off. Two seconds later I was gone after 7 years.

Guess what my weekend was for.......yep pinfest......I knew pinball wasn't good for me  %.%

Thanks Rob, hope your bub gets better very soon, stresses you out when they are helpless and struggling
Suppose I have time to do those plans  %.%, ..... I am actually getting very close - more work than I thought again
cheers mate and thanks everyone else for your kind and encouraging words

Jady,

Really sorry to hear that mate. Speaking from personal experience where i got booted at the end of last year (and no redundancy) and without work for 3 months i know how tough it is at the moment.  While everyone says to keep your chin up, and things will get better, it is hard to understand and accept, it is right.  Since getting the boot, i had time at home (couldn't really enjoy it though due to financial pressure of no income.  BUT since eventually getting a new job, its been the best thing. Enjoy the new job more and am far more relaxed as there was a heap of crud going on at the old workplace that i didn't need.

If you need to sell pins or anything else, do it, they can be replaced, valuable time with your family cannot.

Also, all the best with your bub, again i know how it feels as we just spent the last 3 days in hospital with our 4 week old with a viral throat infection...

Rob

for pinball t-shirts

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 01:49:22 PM »

That is shit mate, unfair dismissal?