Author Topic: TAG - Thunderbirds Pinball - parts update thread  (Read 96886 times)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
tJeff Tracey gave you your mission.. its he who built the island and its he who instructs his 5 sons... TB aint TB without Jeff.

It cant be done with justice unless Jeff tells you your mission

He can do that from the DMD!  *%*
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
tJeff Tracey gave you your mission.. its he who built the island and its he who instructs his 5 sons... TB aint TB without Jeff.

It cant be done with justice unless Jeff tells you your mission

He can do that from the DMD!  *%*

great idea
maybe the dmd surround can represent the office and the dmd represents the mission stats coming in to Jeff
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline PinballMagazine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • www.pinball-magazine.com
    • Pinball Magazine
Five ball multiball of course! 5 4 3 2 1 — Multiball, thunderbirds are go!!
The first thing I thought of was that the multiball intro should have the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 countdown. Probably a no brainer, but I thought I'd mention it anyway :)
Managing editor of Pinball Magazine: www.pinball-magazine.com

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
A wake up Jeff mode....oh sorry wrong jeff.
 :D
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Mike - Can excerpts from the series such as voices and animations be used in the game ?

Each Thunderbird would have their own mode. Each character would have their own picture (as in the control room wall mounted pictures), and as the player progresses through the modes, that character would interact with the player. This feature could be similar to Dr Who's "doctor's" lights on the speaker panel. The player is effectively Jeff Tracy.

All the different machines are denoted by Drop targets on 2 or 3 banks on the playfield. This is important for the game modes.

As the player starts the game, one of the character's "eyes" lights up to start a mode. As Jeff Tracy, the player responds to that mode. The modes are random.

As an example, the game mode is "Pit of Peril" (as per the episode). The call comes in to Jeff Tracy, and then Gordon's eyes in the picture light up.

To achieve this level, you have to hit the drop target for the machines required (driller from memory), and then a outhole for Thunderbird 2's cargo hold is ball capture "1". You then have to hit a an in line drop target sequence (the feature for T2) - the first activates the loading of the machine for T2's cargo hold, the second loads the the cargo, the third drops T2 on the cargo. Then the mode starts with an animation of Brains telling you what to do to save the sidewinder. If Brains was required in the episode, you have to hit his corresponding drop or spot target so he get's a ride with Gordon (depending on the episode). Since a captured ball is in T2's cargo hold, you have two balls to complete the mission - which will be something different (I'll think of that a bit later..)

the idea of locking a ball in T2's cargo can be a feature for other machines - even T4.

As each mission is completed as per the episodes, a playfield light much like the mansion in TAF records the player's progress.

The rules will be the deciding factor with this game. Toys are a "given", but I think the rules should be consistent with the episodes..

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline flippnaussie

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
Love the T2 lock/load the ball Idea.

Simon

Offline riverinapinball

• Forum Posts:
So mike how is the development going any updates?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Will this be a PC based system?

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong

Was just about to ask the same thing Gav?    And can we get some bombs in the power supply aswell?  %.%

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!

Was just about to ask the same thing Gav?    And can we get some bombs in the power supply aswell?  %.%

Yes to both because I would be a complete idiot to use a similar embedded sytem that Stern has successfully used for years - PC all the way for me, I have seen the light - hallelujah!!!

I have also moved production from China because they have banned child labour there - off to Nth Korea I go........bloody Chinese, next you know they will be battling the USA at war games.....oops....too late...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-13/us-vice-admiral-expects-china-to-soon-be-part-of-war-games/4818598
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Did you know that Mr Tracey had a mid life crisis and realised he was actually gay.  Now this being the case, how about some pretty colour changing LEDs and rainbow coloured targets and to top it off, make the flipper bats look like sparkly ladies shoes.  If you hurry, you might be able to do it before anyone else, well you probably have a few years up your sleeve at least.  That would all suit a pinball machine very well don't you think.

And yes, I too think that a PC based system would be the shiz.  That way we could keep on updating the PC every 6 months when it becomes obsolete or simply breaks down.

I know this is the wrong thread but if Jack himself knows what is being said at the moment and is happy with his guy saying it then he has lost a lot of support I would imagine.

Looking forward to seeing you show them how it should be done Mike.
Addicted to pins.

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Maybe a lower playfield for the little yellow Thunderbird to swim around in. (Cant think of it's number)

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds

Yes to both because I would be a complete idiot to use a similar embedded sytem that Stern has successfully used for years - PC all the way for me, I have seen the light - hallelujah!!!

I have also moved production from China because they have banned child labour there - off to Nth Korea I go........bloody Chinese, next you know they will be battling the USA at war games.....oops....too late...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-13/us-vice-admiral-expects-china-to-soon-be-part-of-war-games/4818598

The money Mike, don't forget the money for your second and third titles.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW

The money Mike, don't forget the money for your second and third titles.

Don't you use everyone else's money just to set things up and then find out it isn't going to work, then start asking for money for a 2nd machine to fund the stuff ups on the first machine.
Addicted to pins.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Did you know that Mr Tracey had a mid life crisis and realised he was actually gay.  Now this being the case, how about some pretty colour changing LEDs and rainbow coloured targets and to top it off, make the flipper bats look like sparkly ladies shoes.  If you hurry, you might be able to do it before anyone else, well you probably have a few years up your sleeve at least.  That would all suit a pinball machine very well don't you think.

And yes, I too think that a PC based system would be the shiz.  That way we could keep on updating the PC every 6 months when it becomes obsolete or simply breaks down.

I know this is the wrong thread but if Jack himself knows what is being said at the moment and is happy with his guy saying it then he has lost a lot of support I would imagine.

Looking forward to seeing you show them how it should be done Mike.

$#$ @@* :lol