Author Topic: Hello All here at Aussie Pinball  (Read 5448 times)

Offline dealers choice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
Re: Hello All here at Aussie Pinball
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 12:00:43 AM »
Hi and welcome to AP dimsims $.$ the guys on here are very knowledgable and helpful so enjoy the ride. also you have 2 pretty cool machines so take care of them.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 01:30:07 PM »
DIMSIMS?  !@#
this should be an interesting read as to why you chose this forum name.
I am surprise you didn't find a 3" nail for the fuses  %.%
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 06:24:37 PM »
Hello and welcome to the fun n exciting circus world of the bestest pinball forums. lol

I like your name dimsims, I had a mate called spring roll, u might have met him (boom boom).......and yes, the jokes on here are the funniest or worst in the world depending on your sense of humour, but anyway anyone who is called dimsims has my vote already.

Love the Star Wars Data East, big seller and a John Borg designer classic, 10,400 units for 1992 Data East..

If u ever get to buy/play a Sega Star Wars Trilogy, it would go well with your machine, cause that is a cracker of a Star Wars game as well.

Welcome again to the forum, and May the Force be with you (and me) from time to time.....

Cavey !  ^^^
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:27:22 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Dimsims

• Forum Posts:
  • Bass Coast, Vic
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 06:25:49 PM »
DIMSIMS?  !@#
I am surprise you didn't find a 3" nail for the fuses  %.%
I like Dimsims  :D

The fuse work was not mine lol, but it will be fixed  *%*

Offline Dimsims

• Forum Posts:
  • Bass Coast, Vic
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 06:30:18 PM »
Hello and welcome to the fun n exciting circus world of the bestest pinball forums. lol

I like your name dimsims, I had a mate called spring roll, u might have met him (boom boom).......and yes, the jokes on here are the funniest or worst in the world depending on your sense of humour, but anyway anyone who is called dimsims has my vote already.

Love the Star Wars Data East, big seller and a John Borg designer classic, 10,400 units for 1992 Data East..

If u ever get to buy/play a Sega Star Wars Trilogy, it would go well with your machine, cause that is a cracker of a Star Wars game as well.

Welcome again to the forum, and May the Force be with you (and me) from time to time.....

Cavey !  ^^^
I did have a look at the Trilogy before I bought the Data East, but chose the DE one and planned to get the Trilogy at a later date.
They dont come up as often these days, a couple of years ago there was always a couple on ebay.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2014, 09:43:02 PM »
DIMSIMS?  !@#
I am surprise you didn't find a 3" nail for the fuses  %.%
I like Dimsims  :D

The fuse work was not mine lol, but it will be fixed  *%*

oh man, I was hoping for a funny answer! Welcome to the nut house
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2014, 11:52:03 PM »
 %)%

Offline baoyar

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2014, 01:01:49 AM »
What are Star Wars and Last Action Hero like as first pins? Easy to learn?

I have heard a couple of dealers warn against Data Easts because it's harder to find replacement parts and they aren't as easy to repair. I understand that isn't too much of an issue if you have experience, but are they difficult for a newbie to repair?

Offline Dimsims

• Forum Posts:
  • Bass Coast, Vic
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »
What are Star Wars and Last Action Hero like as first pins? Easy to learn?

I have heard a couple of dealers warn against Data Easts because it's harder to find replacement parts and they aren't as easy to repair. I understand that isn't too much of an issue if you have experience, but are they difficult for a newbie to repair?
I knew nothing at all about pinball before buying one, I watched a heap of you tube videos to decide which one I wanted to buy.
I had my heart set on a Star Wars machine as my first as im a massive Star Wars fan  ^^^

Star wars DE was the my very first pin, it wasn't in the best shape compared to others out there, but everything was there and the game was very playable.
Ive had it for just over 2 years now and attempting a restore on it, here is a link to that: http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=12171.0

I bought my Last Action Hero only about 2 months ago, which is much better shape then the Star Wars one.
It did have a couple of issues like a few contacts need cleaning, globes needed replacing and about 4 lines on the Dot Matrix Display were out.

When buying your first, I would suggest heaps of research on the machine your looking at, just to make sure your going to be happy with it for a long time.
Have a look a couple of the same machine so you can compare against each other and have a good play.
Ask as many question as you need to on here.

Don't be scared of Data East, they have many great titles out there, I have 2 of them and will most likely be another Data East for my next.
Just buy on in the best condition you can find  *%*

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 06:08:02 PM »
people seem to forget de became sega then modern stern.infact all pinball is related in some way to harry williams and sam stern.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 06:41:19 PM »

total bullshit.imho
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you