Author Topic: Homepin now shipping LICENCED Hankin cocktail tables!!  (Read 49541 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
The Melbourne container was unpacked yesterday
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
I'm guessing there new temporary home may be in thomastown, but this is based on hunches and no fact at all.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I'm guessing there new temporary home may be in thomastown, but this is based on hunches and no fact at all.

I truly have no idea at this point??

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Another container was loaded this morning - this one is for A.Hankin & Co Newcastle so you NSW buyers won't have long to wait now.

The truck has been loaded and is on the way! Tables should be available from A.Hankin & Co in about a month.

Labeling up the cartons for customs

Starting to load

We always use this forklift driver as he is very careful and does a good job - charges about AU$30 to load a container

Nearly full

Ready to shut the doors and apply the seal (a "use once" padlock that will be cut off in Australia with bolt cutters)

The seal applied

....and another 20' leaves the Homepin factory gates watched over by the security guard

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Well done Mike. Must be statisfying to see your hardwork come to fruition.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
With this container being delivered to A.Hankin & Co, it is clear that these are Hankin licensed tables.  Are other manufactures allowed to manufacture and sell Hankin replicas?  I'd have thought not, but... ^.^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
With this container being delivered to A.Hankin & Co, it is clear that these are Hankin licensed tables.  Are other manufactures allowed to manufacture and sell Hankin replicas?  I'd have thought not, but... ^.^

I'd suggest that unless there is a current patent, they can copy them, but not use the "Hankin" logo anywhere on the machine. I've seen a few cheapies that are a couple of weeks old and already have dead multigame boards, cheap joysticks and structural issues.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:

Even though the "design" of these Hankin tables was originally done by Hankin they really couldn't do a lot to stop others from copying the machine.

As Nino points out nobody can use your registered business name, particularly since Hankin & Co are still actively in business and would stomp on anyone who was stupid enough to use their name.

There isn't a lot to stop people from calling their product "Hankin style" or "Hankin inspired" as they are not claiming their product actually "IS" a Hankin table but rather one that "looks like" a Hankin.

The biggest difference here is that these genuine tables are just that, GENUINE - they bear the original Hankin logo and I have promised Hankin that I won't compromise on the quality. They are very protective of their good name and have refused others in the past from using it for various products.

Homepin-Hankins are NOT an exact reproduction of the original but a representation of them updated using modern build methods and materials, some not available back "in the day". Last time I was in the Hankin office just before Christmas, David Hankin said to one of his sons (Martin) in front of me that "these tables Mike is making are far better built than we used to make them" - that made my chest swell I can tell you.

I negotiated for quite some time with David Hankin and when he could see I was passionate about re-creating a quality piece of arcade equipment that would last and not make some cheap rubbish simply to make a fast buck he was satisfied. After personally visiting my factory in Shenzhen David was more than happy to handshake on our deal and after seeing the reports coming in from buyers of the first few containers A.Hankin & Co decided they should also begin selling these again. In fact, I believe they intend to put some of them into their existing pub sites as well.

Yes, I also supply them with a cheap 60in1 board because that's what the masses want but it can easily be swapped out for any JAMMA board you like and I have built in enough power supply capacity to run even the most power hungry original board. I could have used a small cheap power supply but chose to make the power available for the few that want to upgrade the machine.

Most buyers will probably just leave it like it is and the feedback is that kids love all the games that they have never seen before.

Offline Greg

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
finally saw one of the new Hankin cocktails… well done Mike  the cabinet/wood/metal work finish is a high standard
and the under lighting looks great as well

(you should be proud of this project ) I look forward to seeing your pin

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I managed to sneak a peak finally at one of Mikes Hankin tables this afternoon too.

I was lucky enough to help a good mate (non pin person) buy an original Hankin off a member a while back (good bloke too)... *%*

I would only allow my mate to get a well looked after (non hacked) original to ensure it was safe and would suit his needs.

Having checked Mike's tables out they look and feel outstanding.  Nothing cheap and nasty and is well thought out and well built.

For all my other non-pin friends & families who always ask "can I get them a sit down cocktail machine like what used to be at the fish n chip shop", I can confidentially point them in the right direction.

Well done Mike and his crew abroad.

Offline solar value

• Forum Posts:
I'm not an arcade guy but these look so good that I am tempted.

Now...I can't wait to see what a Homepin pinball machine looks like.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Another special day for me today:

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Another special day for me today:

Congratulations Mike weĺl done.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Brilliant !

How many more do you thing will be built in the next year or two ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

Offline coon82

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Well done. Keep celebrating the milestones Mike  ^^^
Wanted:   Black Hole (1981Gottlieb)