Author Topic: Homepin now shipping LICENCED Hankin cocktail tables!!  (Read 49552 times)

Offline Wiked

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Re:
« Reply #180 on: October 13, 2014, 10:33:25 AM »
Hey do your guys struts hold the top up? Mine don't at all.
There was a pic posted earlier with one with the lid open and unless I held mine up it would drop and close.

Offline humpalot

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Mines the same

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re:
« Reply #182 on: October 13, 2014, 11:30:38 AM »
This became an issue in the first batch. The monitor was never intended to be mounted on the lid and the struts worked perfectly. Once the monitor was mounted in the lid we discovered that about 5% of the struts were slightly under spec and would only just hold the lid open due to the weight of the monitor and the glass. We thought we had weeded out the less than perfect struts but I am aware that this can still be an issue in some machines.

It isn't that often you need the lid up in any case?

We have moved to "ratchet style stays" with newer runs.

If it bothers you please advise your retailer and (in time) they will be able to supply replacement ratchet stays BUT this will require some work on your part to fit them unless you return the machine to have them fitted by the etailer.

Hey do your guys struts hold the top up? Mine don't at all.
There was a pic posted earlier with one with the lid open and unless I held mine up it would drop and close.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Re:
« Reply #183 on: October 13, 2014, 12:01:39 PM »
Mike, you are right mate. I wouldn't open the lid much at all. I have told Tony about it and I can install the ratchel style ones if he gets them in the future.

Thanks for the great game.  Now waiting for the next game in 2015

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #184 on: October 13, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »
I will be sending a supply of the newer style stays to my retailers that took delivery of affected machines no charge but it makes sense to leave it for the next container due to the non urgent nature of the issue.

Mike, you are right mate. I wouldn't open the lid much at all. I have told Tony about it and I can install the ratchel style ones if he gets them in the future.

Thanks for the great game.  Now waiting for the next game in 2015

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
You have done well Mike those tables look great far better than the black box ones that are all over the place.

WELL DONE

Can't wait the see the next machines off your production line bet they will be even better

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Bench testing a new batch of Power Supply assemblies thanks to Sid's handywork. He made the panel with all the meters so the testing person can see at a glance if all the outputs are correct and also adjust the 5V rail within specs. Makes things very easy.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
I didn't realize manufacturers used quality control anymore great to see your not using the old slap it together and let the warranty sort it out

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
Word spreads quick in this industry..needs good quality control 

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
I didn't realize manufacturers used quality control anymore great to see your not using the old slap it together and let the warranty sort it out

+1

Attention to detail and safety requirements are covered in this design. Impressive test bench. I love test benches  &&
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline spacejam0

• Forum Posts:
I might have missed a post I'm not really sure but are these tables available in victoria as yet and if so where ? If not when will they be arriving.
I played a different manufacturers version today and really enjoyed the trip down memory lane but would love to check out this one before purchasing.

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
Mike & Karen's website have a link but the distributor last I heard, didn't have any stock as yet.. Early 2015 I think :)

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
I might have missed a post I'm not really sure but are these tables available in victoria as yet and if so where ? If not when will they be arriving.
I played a different manufacturers version today and really enjoyed the trip down memory lane but would love to check out this one before purchasing.

The container has just cleared customs in Melbourne yesterday - there will be an announcement straight after Christmas I am told.

Offline McKie1

• Forum Posts:
:)

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
I have seen one of these machine they look very good.  ^^^