Author Topic: What coin Opp items do you collect other than pinball?  (Read 59651 times)

Offline guyricho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
What coin Opp items do you collect other than pinball?
« on: April 11, 2014, 04:47:15 PM »
I was wondering what coin operated items people here collect?

Possibly penny arcade items or that sort of thing

I have spent a good part of my youth and even now at arcades, I am guessing I am not the only one here.
Coin opp has always interested me but is there a resurgence in Vintage coin Operated items recently?

I would love to see pictures of the unique items you may have collected.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Anything coin operated the older the better for me plus anything unusual.   Not sure whats in my shed thread ill post pics later

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
I have two video games, but everything else is pinball
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/TalesFromTheOutlane/SWfront.jpg

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
Anything coin operated the older the better for me plus anything unusual.   Not sure whats in my shed thread ill post pics later

that's cool

Are you finding more people collecting this older stuff or is it a limited few? and are prices for these things increasing with rarity?

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat

that's cool

Are you finding more people collecting this older stuff or is it a limited few? and are prices for these things increasing with rarity?

Dan is just cooler than the rest of us

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
HeyRich, i started with arcade machines. theres some for sale in non pinball stuff. i dont know how to add a link with my phone  @@^
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Mostly pinball except for an old 10c poker machine, and a 200 in 1 cocktail mame arcade cab. It has coin mechs but its set for freeplay (i have no idea how to change it to coinplay, not that i really want to change it).

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
HeyRich, i started with arcade machines. theres some for sale in non pinball stuff. i dont know how to add a link with my phone  @@^

Are you talking sort of sit-downs and so on? im actually thinking about collecting really early mechanical types.

I have access to some from a friend and wondering how strong this sort of a community is with collecting that sort of thing

at the same time i do want to hear what other coin opp items people collect modern or vintage. would love to see pictures of what people have

this is a fascinating subject for me

Mostly pinball except for an old 10c poker machine, and a 200 in 1 cocktail mame arcade cab. It has coin mechs but its set for freeplay (i have no idea how to change it to coinplay, not that i really want to change it).

poker machine like that would be cool do have a picture of it?

do you think the popularity of older penny arcade machinesam retro machines is being fuel by shows like Pickers, American restoration and pawn stars?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 07:51:49 PM by guyricho »

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania
I have a Sega Scud Race twin, a House of the Dead shooter and a few Taito Egret 29 Cabs which i believe are rare in Aus?

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
I have a Sega Scud Race twin, a House of the Dead shooter and a few Taito Egret 29 Cabs which i believe are rare in Aus?

WOW that looks so retro Japan. it has to be japanese made right?  that is crazy cool
I bet they looked so futuristic back in the day those cabs
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 08:36:47 PM by guyricho »

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
that looks like the old test consoles at my old work(aerospace).but i bet they are are a lot more FUN ^^^
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
C@@l,
House of the dead, Remember that years ago, was that the 1st arcade machine with a drop curtain in front  ^^^

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW

Yepp, here ya go!! Its pretty beat up, found two of them in the local tip here about 20 yrs ago  :D i took the best one home and got it working. It'll get the exterior tidied up "one day"  @.@

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:

i have never found anything that damn cool at the tip. best score ever

Yepp, here ya go!! Its pretty beat up, found two of them in the local tip here about 20 yrs ago  :D i took the best one home and got it working. It'll get the exterior tidied up "one day"  @.@

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
My bally Bandit came from a tip aswell a member on here found it and moved t onto me.   There is a thread here somewhere aswell