Author Topic: Infinity Virtual Pinball - 42" playfield - Gameplay Mixup  (Read 10757 times)

Offline soundasleep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Infinity Virtual Pinball - 42" playfield - Gameplay Mixup
« on: May 27, 2014, 03:28:08 PM »
Every time virtual/digital pinball cabinets comes up in discussion, be it online or offline, I always get asked "do you have a gameplay video"?

Throughout our prototyping process we've now built 7 cabs, and have over 500 photos on Instagram but it seems somebody around here is allergic to video recording...

Fortunately nothing a day of "I should be doing something else" can't fix. Here is a gameplay mixup running on our InfinityPin Retail Sample.

Enjoy :)

http://youtu.be/rilhh5pdarE

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
Hi Soundasleep
Your game looks really good  thanks for posting          Howzat     

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
Great to watch. not sure about the music though.   !@)
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
looks good, makes me excited about my project starting soon and can't wait to put pro pinball on there as well.

just checked out the zen tables - they look cool, will be getting those for my setup as well
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 07:29:53 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Yeah looks good, though i have to say i dont like the way Black Hole looks, ie the way it changes view, zooming in on the lower pf etc.. that would drive me mad if i were playing it!! The others all looked good though  ^^^ ^^^

Virtual pins in all honesty are not for me, but having said that, i AM keen to see and have a play on one that has been properly set up and working the way it should  *%*

I have been helping 'howzat' with building one (built the cab and fitted monitors etc) but so far no one has been able to get the computer side of it running properly.. i wont go into detail in someone elses thread but suffice to say it is the reason i wouldn't own one myself  *.*
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 08:42:43 AM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
agree with you on a few accounts.

- I don't like how pinball arcade pans around and looks at the plunger - wish they had a option for just a fixed screen view.

- the other is the computer setup, which I have read and it appears that it is such a pain to get right, hence why with my project I am going down a different path with a dedicated mac mini computer and a 100hz monitor for a plug and play setup - just open up the app and start playing. I will start my own thread soon for those curious and interested but I bought the parts, downloaded the games and was playing just on the bench top (in cabinet view) after 10 minutes setup. The downside is I don't have access to all the pinmame stuff but I have cabinet view for pinball arcade and will for pro pinball and hopefully the zen works along with a few others available for mac - so will be fun and great for the kids as it has a modern version of 1945 and angry birds for the kids in landscape view.

back on top, thanks for sharing
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:46:59 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline soundasleep

• Forum Posts:
Regarding the software, you'll notice I didn't show off Visual Pinball...I haven't had the time to get it working perfectly either.

I think that's why I've fallen in love with Future Pinball. The physics may not be as good but once you've got one table running it's dead easy to add more.

Like Swinks, took me all of about 15 mins to setup these 3 on my next project (mini cab).

I'll get to VP eventually...

Offline soundasleep

• Forum Posts:
Farsight Studios have promised a better cabinet mode "some time soon". The plunger zoom in particular makes some skill shots REALLY difficult. But it's classic tables legitimately so I'll give them some slack ;)

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
unboxed my 32" HD samsung and plugged the dedicated mac computer and did a screen rotate and started playing pinball in portrait mode. I had to adjust a few settings to stop the zooming and panning eg Black Hole stays fixed which is much better and it just zooms for plunger. Since I am just using one screen the dmd / score is just at the top centre which is fine. I still need to buy the ultrmarc and some flipper buttons etc and make a cabinet but should fall under the $2k and still have change.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline howzat

• Forum Posts:
Hi Jady
It looks like your of to a great start with your new project    B h looks almost real     well done Howzat

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
the photos don't do it justice, both the tv and computer are capable of 100hz refresh but only optimised to 50hz so once I work out how to adjust hopefully remove the last bit of minor lag.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
VP is a shocker to setup compared to the other systems (FP, PA).

There are about three different groups working on VP versions at the moment so you have a VP 9.2, a VP 9.9 and a VP10. Installing one in lieu of another can actually "break" a working table from another version!!!!!

Choose wisely before updating/downgrading your VP version!

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
That loks great Jady. I think I know what my next project will be now.  ^^^
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!