Author Topic: BGRESTO Group Order - Expression of Interest  (Read 22955 times)

Offline Guy with a Pinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: BGRESTO Group Order - Expression of Interest
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2014, 08:52:05 PM »
Count me in for a Gtlb Big Shot

http://bgresto.com/?p=105

I am also in Adelaide if that helps.

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 01:16:12 AM »
Please count me in for 2 backglasses if this goes ahead.

I need to know which backglasses you need otherwise i cant help you.

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 01:24:45 AM »
Just has word from Stephen.

"if you purchase 3-8 restorations, in one order, I can give you a $40 discount per glass vs the $225 price… If you order more than 8 in one order, I can give you a $50 discount per glass… "

With shipping, i estimate at this stage that the cost per glass would be approx $240USD landed.

I'll update once i know more.

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 02:02:08 AM »
Just has word from Stephen.

"if you purchase 3-8 restorations, in one order, I can give you a $40 discount per glass vs the $225 price… If you order more than 8 in one order, I can give you a $50 discount per glass… "

With shipping, i estimate at this stage that the cost per glass would be approx $240USD landed.

I'll update once i know more.

Are there any available that are not listed on his website?

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2014, 07:13:33 AM »
The process demonstrated here is nothing more than anyone could do themselves. its not like Greatwitch john's process which is actually digitally printed direct to glass (a much more costly way of printing).
The way these are done is almost the same way that I demonstrated here:

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8731.0

Only difference being that my blockout on the back is sprayed on and theirs is a print.
The vacuum seal bit is a beef up and the oven process is just a lamination to shrink wrap the print to the glass and can be done with a hair drier.

I was under the impression that to get a glass from these guys, you had to supply a glass?

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2014, 08:29:38 AM »
I was under the impression that to get a glass from these guys, you had to supply a glass?

Is that just a way of avoiding license issues?

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2014, 09:21:26 AM »
The process demonstrated here is nothing more than anyone could do themselves. its not like Greatwitch john's process which is actually digitally printed direct to glass (a much more costly way of printing).

Only difference being that my blockout on the back is sprayed on and theirs is a print.
The vacuum seal bit is a beef up and the oven process is just a lamination to shrink wrap the print to the glass and can be done with a hair drier.

You will need to provide a front and rear picture of your current backglass .. not sure what happens if you don't have a current glass  !@#
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2014, 09:27:24 AM »

In the case of two of the glasses I need, I'll just take a picture of the headbox. I do have a picture of one of the glasses, but it is in a million pieces  !@)

You will need to provide a front and rear picture of your current backglass .. not sure what happens if you don't have a current glass  !@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »
You can just state that the back glass has been destroyed, or didn't come with the game. I think he's rather relaxed about it from what I can gather.

What's the consensus here? I'm more than happy to support local, it's my preference, bgresto just seemed more authentic at the time?

Assuming Retropin can do all these glasses, what do you guys think?
Open for discussion..

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re:
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2014, 02:41:11 PM »
You can just state that the back glass has been destroyed, or didn't come with the game. I think he's rather relaxed about it from what I can gather.

What's the consensus here? I'm more than happy to support local, it's my preference, bgresto just seemed more authentic at the time?

Open for discussion..

Gavin's work will not doubt be of excellent quality, but bombarding him with a list of backglasses and expecting them yesterday won't happen ! I'm sure Gav can chime in here.

I'd like to see Bigresto's quality.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2014, 03:02:47 PM »

Open for discussion..

......bombarding him with a list of backglasses and expecting them yesterday won't happen ! I'm sure Gav can chime in here.

Not sure if that was directed at me, but i'm headed overseas next month, so im not in any hurry whatsoever. I'll be paying of a decent credit card debt.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2014, 06:00:38 PM »

Open for discussion..

......bombarding him with a list of backglasses and expecting them yesterday won't happen ! I'm sure Gav can chime in here.

Not sure if that was directed at me, but i'm headed overseas next month, so im not in any hurry whatsoever. I'll be paying of a decent credit card debt.

Lol- my point was that if you have the artwork then you can do this yourself by following my thread. In all honesty, his prices are good and if your happy for someone else to do this then no problems.. but i know how pinheads like to have a crack at anything and fix most things so I thought id just put it out there that the process is documented here for people to do. I couldn't possibly do a bulk order, ive got about 4 weeks worth of work in front of me for my business and anything pinball has taken a back step for now.
I would like to see the finished product though in the flesh.
Im currently working on a deal to have backglasses printed direct to glass here in Australia, unfortunately, the price in Aus compared to OS for this service is much much higher... but im working on it and hoping to be able to offer a few titles later down the track

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re:
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2014, 06:12:31 PM »

[/quote]

Im currently working on a deal to have backglasses printed direct to glass here in Australia, unfortunately, the price in Aus compared to OS for this service is much much higher... but im working on it and hoping to be able to offer a few titles later down the track
[/quote]

Great news for aussie buyers Gav.  ^^^

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2014, 08:35:58 AM »
Put me down for a Williams Aztec
http://bgresto.com/?p=662
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

mark jackson

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2014, 01:45:23 PM »
Hi. Has there been any progress toward a bulk order on the backglasses. I'm still hoping to get an 'Ace High' backglass, as shown on this guy's website. Mark