Author Topic: New Bumper Episode! Pinheadz PODcast EP6!  (Read 2021 times)

Offline carbonROD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
    • PINHEADZ PINBALL PODcast
New Bumper Episode! Pinheadz PODcast EP6!
« on: June 18, 2014, 11:14:12 PM »
G'day everyone - just a quick note that EPISODE #6 of the PODcast is up & away. A bunch of different Aussie Pinheadz have contributed to this one...hope you can take a listen!
Cheers - Rod

Is the lone MAD MAX pinball machine the most extreme 'pin pimp out' ever? Geoff Fraser joins us to reveal all about his amazing creation.

Williams Pinball's greatest game goes into production at STERN. Are we getting closer to a pinball factory reinstating a night shift on the production line?

We get serious about Virtual Pinball and graduate from playing on the iPhone. Aussie VP builder Sam Vicario gives us a lesson in full size Virtual Pinball construction.

DUTCH PINBALL reveal the Big Lebowski Pinball sub playfield! We look at how it stacks up against the great sub play fields of all time?

Classic Playfield Reproductions finally have an Australian distributor! Niño from Australian Pinball Restorations calls in to discuss what the good news means for us.

Will PinTech Stevie have to change his name to PinWizard Stevie?

What's a Zine? SLAM TILT ZINE editor Tilt Wilson explains why pinball in print is better than a BLOG.

And we discover what's on an ELVIRA PIZZA!

LISTEN AT:

iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/pinheadz-pinball-podcast/id782889884?mt=2

STITCHER http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/rod-cuddihy/pinheadz-pinball-podcast or

pinheadz.com.au http://www.pinheadz.com.au/podcast/pppoo6-pinheadz-pinball-podcast-ep6-pinball-pimping-v-pinball-pizza/

So join broadcaster Rod Cuddihy, Federal Government IT expert Gary Christiansen & professional pinball technician Steve Hyde for Americana from Down Under, in episode 6 of The Pinheadz Pinball PODcast!
LIKE the Pinheadz PODcast on FACEBOOK or listen at iTUNES & STITCHER now!

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: New Bumper Episode! Pinheadz PODcast EP6!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 11:58:49 PM »
The variety of subject matter continues to surpass with each episode.

Top work again guys!

^^^

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:34:39 AM »
Oh no. Another $500 phone bill coming up. I was dumb enough to stream the last few podcasts from my phone via Bluetooth in the car, and exceeded my data allowance. Hence the last bill. Got to download this one onto a SD card this time and avoid the costs. Looking forward to it

Offline Wiked

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast
Re:
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 12:56:41 PM »
Another excellent eposide boys. Keep the great work flowing. Best Pinball podcast out there hands down.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 06:16:51 PM »
Another great podcast. Really enjoyed listening to it during a workout at the gym. I know its not the place, the podcast is more suited to a lounge chair and a pie and beer, but hey. One criticism, don't make them any longer otherwise you'll kill me at the gym  %.% thanks Rob
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 12:52:54 AM »
Took the last one to work and did  a lot of glassblowing to it.. really enjoyed it and the way my work had "flow" id say its conducive to making work you are proud to put your name to.. will take this episode in and do the same.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
Listened to the first hour, and I'll listen to the second hour at work as well.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 07:26:32 PM »
Another great episode. Keep it up boys  ^^^

Offline carbonROD

• Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2014, 02:49:28 AM »
The variety of subject matter continues to surpass with each episode.

Top work again guys!

^^^

Thanks Pinsanity...really appreciate the support! Cheers Rod

Oh no. Another $500 phone bill coming up. I was dumb enough to stream the last few podcasts from my phone via Bluetooth in the car, and exceeded my data allowance. Hence the last bill. Got to download this one onto a SD card this time and avoid the costs. Looking forward to it

Haha! Thanks Dendoc...I feel guilty & complimented at the same time!  %$%

Another excellent eposide boys. Keep the great work flowing. Best Pinball podcast out there hands down.

Officially the best compliment anyone could possibly pay us! Thanks Wiked...we really appreciate the encouragement. Cheers Rod

Another great podcast. Really enjoyed listening to it during a workout at the gym. I know its not the place, the podcast is more suited to a lounge chair and a pie and beer, but hey. One criticism, don't make them any longer otherwise you'll kill me at the gym  %.% thanks Rob

HAHA, thanks Rob...we'll take the credit if you come out of there looking like Schwartzenagger.  %$% You're right, the run time can creep up on us.

Took the last one to work and did  a lot of glassblowing to it.. really enjoyed it and the way my work had "flow" id say its conducive to making work you are proud to put your name to.. will take this episode in and do the same.

I never cease to be amazed by the places people listen to the show...that's really cool man! Thanks for listening Retropin.

Listened to the first hour, and I'll listen to the second hour at work as well.

Thanks again for being part Episode 6 Niño! Always cool when you come on!  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »
Listened to the second half yesterday and loved it. Creeping over 2 hours is a VERY good thing. There's so much going on that I'm hoping by the next couple of Podcasts, it will creep over 3 hours !

Thanks for having me on your show. It was a real blast  ^^^

Keep up the good work !

Offline carbonROD

• Forum Posts:
  • CANBERRA
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 10:31:04 PM »
For anyone interested, I just wanted to post the link to a genuinely humbling article published on the creditdotpinball.com site about our little PODcast!

http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/07/01/podcasts-the-pinheadz-pinball-podcast/

Hope you get a chance to have read. Cheers Rod

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 10:51:10 PM »
For anyone interested, I just wanted to post the link to a genuinely humbling article published on the creditdotpinball.com site about our little PODcast!

http://creditdotpinball.com/2014/07/01/podcasts-the-pinheadz-pinball-podcast/

Hope you get a chance to have read. Cheers Rod

Great review  ^^^

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 11:26:21 PM »
All the accolades mentioned in the article are well deserved.

This is the type of marketing promotional opportunity which the Aussie pinball scene has needed for a long time for not only the domestic market, but the potential international audience and is a breath of fresh air that I look forward to listening to with each episode.

There were previous attempts in the past at a similar style podcast over here in SA, but were clearly lacking in both relevance and the well balanced aspect (particularly the latter).

The Canberra guys on the other hand have created a professionally run, well balanced radio show that is a fantastic opportunity to present the Australian pinball scene in the best positive light and whose topics cover pinball from Steep Point to Cape Byron (and everything in between).

Keep up the great work. Can't wait for the next episode!  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 11:48:25 PM »
All the accolades mentioned in the article are well deserved.

This is the type of marketing promotional opportunity which the Aussie pinball scene has needed for a long time for not only the domestic market, but the potential international audience and is a breath of fresh air that I look forward to listening to with each episode.

There were previous attempts in the past at a similar style podcast over here in SA, but were clearly lacking in both relevance and the well balanced aspect (particularly the latter).

The Canberra guys on the other hand have created a professionally run, well balanced radio show that is a fantastic opportunity to present the Australian pinball scene in the best positive light and whose topics cover pinball from Steep Point to Cape Byron (and everything in between).

Keep up the great work. Can't wait for the next episode!  ^^^

I concur  ^^^

A great review. Do we Aussies have accents ? How come when we listen to ANY music from overseas, they don't have American or British accents (don't count Rap as music. No one understands that crap) ?