Author Topic: Beaky's pinball repairs no longer repairing boards with battery leakage damage.  (Read 4127 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Sorry to inform every one that I will no longer doing repairs to boards with battery leakage damage.
I just can't spare the time to do the repairs properly with the work load I have nowadays.
I am working up until 11PM most nights just doing normal repairs
I will still do standard repairs and full board refurbishing.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 12:16:29 AM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Zedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 08:24:30 PM »
I could pick up those repairs if there's a need.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
I can't say I blame you - not only is it a very time consuming job there really is no 100% guarantee that you have removed every last bit of corrosion and it's just lurking in there ready to strike!!!

I guess I better get my finger out with the replacement WPC MPUs here then........ *)*
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
I can't say I blame you - not only is it a very time consuming job there really is no 100% guarantee that you have removed every last bit of corrosion and it's just lurking in there ready to strike!!!

I guess I better get my finger out with the replacement WPC MPUs here then........ *)*
yes you better.  &&
thats another reason why i am stopping, there won't be huge difference between the price of repairing them and a new home pin board.
as far as the latter goes I haven't had one do it yet, I even clean all the vias out with a 0.8 or 1 mm drill bit (depending on the board) then fill them with solder, suck out the solder and re flow them again. But it is still possible for it to happen.

I may still do the White star boards when needed and as long as they are not to bad, they are nearly impossible to find.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »
I could pick up those repairs if there's a need.
no problems,
I will send any queries i get your way.

Offline johnwartjr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Columbus, Indiana USA
  • It's ALIVEEEEEE!
    • My Home Gameroom . com
I'm considering doing the same. I've repaired a few WPC CPUs in recent months, and if it ends up costing someone more than 50% what an aftermarket board costs, they might as well buy the aftermarket. It doesn't take much alkaline to haunt a board forever!