Author Topic: Metal Cabinet Protectors now in stock - ready to ship  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Metal Cabinet Protectors now in stock - ready to ship
« on: August 26, 2014, 10:32:30 PM »
These metal protectors prevent damage to your expensive cabinet artwork from the legs. They simply screw to the four corners of the cabinet using the screws provided and the legs screw on as normal over them. They also prevent damage when loading or unloading your machine as they remain on the cabinet.

One set is shown in the picture above, I have crunched the numbers and it isn't feasable to sell them in less than 10 sets due postage costs so perhaps get together with some mates and divide them between you?

AU$149 for ten sets including screws and EMS post (about 7 days delivery) only to Australia and New Zealand.

Available here: http://www.homepin.com/cabprotect.html
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Another great product Mike. 

Ill but 10 sets after my holiday ;)

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
They look really good and what a great price!
What are they made of and is the finish anodised? Is there any chance of a reaction between your finish and various metals legs ; ie chrome, gold etc.
Should sell really well
Nice work
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Awesome product and price  ^^^ my Sterns have similar from factory and I have zero damage after many years.

Peter

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Great price may have to look into purchasing a set or two. Are they as strong and good as the cheap felt protectors?

Only stirring  ^^^
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:51:10 AM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline skywalker

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
Fantastic deal Mike, Just grabbed a pack  ^^^

I'm in rowville area if anyone's chasing 1 or 2 sets
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 10:04:10 AM by skywalker »

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
They look really good and what a great price!
What are they made of and is the finish anodised? Is there any chance of a reaction between your finish and various metals legs ; ie chrome, gold etc.
Should sell really well
Nice work

They are stamped from 1mm steel sheet and then cadmium plated. No known reactions to nickle plated legs that I have heard about? Most pinball legs are actually nickle plated not chrome as many think.

These are far superior to felt as they offer mechanical protection to the cabinet corners not just protection against rubbing of the art.

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
The response to these has been amazing. I have just come back from shipping the first packages EMS and I was told they are moving office to a new place about 5 km further away from my factory. This will mean I will only get there perhaps twice a week after tommorow.

If anyone is considering buying these it will be faster delivery if you do so now - after tommorow you can add at least three days to the delivery time.

Offline Dluth

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
She's all ready and waiting for them...
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 11:23:03 PM by Dluth »

Offline Dluth

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
I thought I'd give a brief review of these and how I installed them. It's my understanding that their chief advantage comes from installing them on cabinets with decalled artwork, as other protectors have been knows to cause wrinkling in the decals. I don't know either way, but it seems to make sense, as with these protectors, the leg does not come into contact with the decal at all, nor does the protector. All I can say is that after a month of fairly hard use, my recently applied Indiana Jones decals are showing no signs of wrinkling or any other type of degradation. You can actually see a tiny gap between the top of the leg and the cabinet. So a big thumbs up for the product, well done Homepin.  ^^^

Onto installation - it couldn't be easier really. First you attach the protector using the leg bolts (picture 1)
Then, carefully cut around the protector with a sharp blade. Remove the protector and peel off the cut part of the decal (picture 2)
Now attach the protector again over the bare wood, and careully make drill a small hole in the two screw holes. Finish by screwing in the supplied screws (picture 3)
Picture 4 shows the final result!

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
Great writeup and pictures, thanks.

I am in the process of finding a more economical shipping method for these so that hopefully I can sell them in smaller lots???