Author Topic: New Centaur  (Read 13099 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
New Centaur
« on: December 14, 2014, 03:38:21 PM »
Well new to me anyway. He's some pics of my new Centaur I picked up a couple of weekends ago. I'm really happy with it as is but it will get a bit further clean up when I get a chance.
It's a fast game with heaps going on. The 5 ball multi-ball on this game is one of the best fun multi-balls I can remember playing and there's a couple of ways of getting it as well which is cool.

Cabinet has been re stencilled at some stage.

ORBS targets are an important part of the game. Knock the targets over in order for higher points and release of 1 multi-balls or hit them out of order for less points to light for an extra ball. Do this up to 4 times for 5 ball multi-ball.

The rollovers at the top of the Playfield are also your multipliers and you can change which lanes are lit with the flipper button.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: New Centaur
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 03:48:07 PM »
Hit the Queens chamber or Captured ball here to drop the 4 inline drop targets.

Single value score when hit unless you hit the two rollovers on the left of the playfield on the way to the inlines. Then you get double value.

When lit, hit the red target at the end of the ORBS lane to release multiball. An under playfield magnet grabs and holds the ball here for the start of multi ball. Also collect bonuses from here.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 03:48:12 PM »
Centaur, great machine

original backglass or CPR repro?

can I stay at your place over the xmas break?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 03:50:10 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 03:51:28 PM »
Centaur, great machine

can I stay at your place over the xmas break?

More than welcome to drop in for a game or three if you're ever in the area Pete. Beers always cold here too.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 04:23:38 PM »
Absolutely love this game. When my life flashes by in my last minutes, this game will be there. So many fond memories and yet I don't one.....go figure. Well done Adam.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline riverinapinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 05:11:00 PM »
Looks awesome. Really great game play. Simply excellent

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 05:25:33 PM »
B E A U T I F U L L
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 05:53:03 PM »

Very nice indeed!! Great game.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2014, 06:07:03 PM »
Building up a very cool collection !

I think I know where this game came from (eBay - seller on the coast ?). I remember the orange peel repaint.

The game itself is absolutely beautiful - nice score. EVERYONE is currently looking for this title - it is the new "Fathom"  @@*

As a player - not many games are even close.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2014, 06:17:14 PM »
Building up a very cool collection !

I think I know where this game came from (eBay - seller on the coast ?). I remember the orange peel repaint.

The game itself is absolutely beautiful - nice score. EVERYONE is currently looking for this title - it is the new "Fathom"  @@*

As a player - not many games are even close.

Yes, picked the game up down the coast. The seller was a really nice guy, had a game on his Medusa while I was down there also. Another very cool game, just need the CPR Playfields to get done on that one.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2014, 06:41:19 PM »
Looks great Adam nice addition to your ever growing and high class collection :)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2014, 07:01:09 PM »
I have had the privilege of playing a few games on this machine the other day.......it is NICE!!!!!  Very nice pick up of an almost impossible to find machine.

Awesome sound on these Bally machines, dare I say equivalent bass to a modern machine with a sub in it.  Adam's Centaur and Fathom sound bloody awesome.  One things for sure, you won't need any of may machines at your next meet, or should I would be too embarrassed to put one of my machines next to yours.  Speaking of which..........
Addicted to pins.

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2014, 07:16:15 PM »
I have had the privilege of playing a few games on this machine the other day.......it is NICE!!!!!  Very nice pick up of an almost impossible to find machine.

Awesome sound on these Bally machines, dare I say equivalent bass to a modern machine with a sub in it.  Adam's Centaur and Fathom sound bloody awesome.  One things for sure, you won't need any of may machines at your next meet, or should I would be too embarrassed to put one of my machines next to yours.  Speaking of which..........

The nice thing about this machine is that just about all the hard work has been done. It played well off the bat, all I've had to do was a flipper kit, adjust some drop targets and enjoy! Looking at clips on YouTube the reverb or echo board makes a great sounding game even better. I forgot to mention the sounds on this game before but they are fantastic. Lots of deep base gives the game a real hum when you get it going.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2014, 09:15:59 AM »
That's a very nice looking example.. stencil job is aligned perfectly.. repro PF and BG too.
Someone has put a lot of time into that game and it looks great...well done, nice pick up

Offline Crashramp

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2014, 03:07:10 PM »
That's a very nice looking example.. stencil job is aligned perfectly.. repro PF and BG too.
Someone has put a lot of time into that game and it looks great...well done, nice pick up

Yes, it had a lot going for it at sale. I'm suprised it didn't sell earlier than it did. Lucky for me I guess.