Author Topic: Farewell to a Friend - Greg Berry  (Read 11291 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: Farewell to a Friend - Greg Berry
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2015, 06:42:40 PM »
Thanks Nino,

It's great that the pinball community will be able to offer Greg's family a small tribute to Greg from all of us. What's the best way to donate? I assume we use the AP donation page on the menu bar and leave a message "for Greg" in the paypal section, is this correct?

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2015, 08:27:24 PM »
Thanks Nino,

It's great that the pinball community will be able to offer Greg's family a small tribute to Greg from all of us. What's the best way to donate? I assume we use the AP donation page on the menu bar and leave a message "for Greg" in the paypal section, is this correct?

We will setup a new thread with the info - but basically just hit the "donate" button, but follow it up with a PM so we know it is for Greg's project and not the site.

Thanks for the call the other day, and I just got off the phone with Mike (Homepin) earlier this evening. Some amazing tributes from industry people (and friends) - some didn't even meet Greg in person. That's the legacy Greg has left us with.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2015, 07:56:03 AM »
thinking of Greg, his family and friends today, will pause for a moments silence at 10am today.

RIP Greg.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline TUF-427

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane Queensland Australia
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2015, 10:30:04 AM »
RIP Greg

A true gentleman to the pinball Community
Firepower, F14 Tomcat, Terminator2, Twilight Zone, No Fear, TAF, Hyperball, Sttng....

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2015, 07:50:55 PM »
Haven't said anything on the forum since the news, but would like to thank Nino, MartyJ, Theo and Marco for their contribution to the memorial service today. The words spoken really gave you a great insight to who Greg was and how he impacted on their lives. It was evident how truly great their friendship was with the man and still is in some way.

The service was very moving and Greg will be greatly missed. I still go to the Rtbb site in hope of not seeing the 'gone fishing'. Bit silly I suppose. So farewell mate and hope whatever's out there now has at least a pinball or two for you to tinker with and talk about. Will miss the talks, Rob
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 07:53:38 PM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #95 on: February 27, 2015, 10:49:01 PM »
We all celebrated Greg's life today. There was so much more to him than just the pinball stuff. His immediate family treated us as if we were not just his pinball family, but also part of his family. We were proud of the fact that his family NOW know how important he was for the pinball community, and how close his friends were to him. Thanks to all the pinball guys that turned up, the calls and the messages.

His prized Scared Stiff was set up in the Chapel, and provided all with some funny moments, as the attract mode call outs happened throughout the eulogies.

The family wish to pass on their thanks for everything the Pinball community have done - the well wishes and the tributes. It has helped them through a rough time in their lives. Every single message helped.

Greg was so many things to so many of us. He left us too soon. But today was a big step in the healing process.

Offline Dimsims

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Bass Coast, Vic
« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2015, 11:04:27 PM »
Warm wishes out to all Greg's Family & Friends,

I cant say I ever got the to meet Greg, but reading all that did has really moved me and I must say what a loss to the pinball community.

Really wish I did have the privilege to meet you Greg, we need more people like you out there !

R.I.P

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2015, 01:21:49 PM »
I was just looking through a few PMs I have with Greg, and found one from 7 years ago when I was chasing up some ramps for my whitewater, Nick and Nug were heading over to his home and offered to pick them up for me, this is a little Greg gold  :lol

Quote from: Greg

thanks Matt

you should try and come yourself

Nicks got a roof rack????? trust me it would better than spending time talking to Nuggy  *)*  *)*  *)*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2015, 01:53:53 PM »
That sure sounds like him!

Was cleaning up some parts and found one from Gregg with one of his usual messages.....
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline awesomeman474

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2015, 06:51:44 PM »
Hello Nino, Marty, Theo ,Marco and James,
I have just arrived back to Queensland and cannot thankyou you all enough for sharing with us, your absolute love you all had for 'chuck" ( greg ), and the way you all shared your stories and how you welcomed us like family into the pinnie world that you shared with him.
As you know we are so heartbroken, none more that myself that we have all lost a once in a life time friend.

As I read all of your messages, I feel honoured that you guys saw in him what we did, a true, honest,caring, very generous and kind person. How so very lucky we we to have had that, as some people never get to experience that 'one' special friend.

I was sad to let you all go yesterday, but hope we will continue to keep our new found friendship. He has some amazing friends and a beautiful family.  I am honoured and blessed to have met you all.

Your friend Nic ( Grant, Zack and Zane Foster)

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2015, 11:07:14 PM »
Hello Nino, Marty, Theo ,Marco and James,
I have just arrived back to Queensland and cannot thankyou you all enough for sharing with us, your absolute love you all had for 'chuck" ( greg ), and the way you all shared your stories and how you welcomed us like family into the pinnie world that you shared with him.
As you know we are so heartbroken, none more that myself that we have all lost a once in a life time friend.

As I read all of your messages, I feel honoured that you guys saw in him what we did, a true, honest,caring, very generous and kind person. How so very lucky we we to have had that, as some people never get to experience that 'one' special friend.

I was sad to let you all go yesterday, but hope we will continue to keep our new found friendship. He has some amazing friends and a beautiful family.  I am honoured and blessed to have met you all.

Your friend Nic ( Grant, Zack and Zane Foster)

It was a pleasure to meet you and Grant. "chuck" was an amazing person that as you have found out, is respected by all in the community. If there is a positive that has come out of his passing, it is the knowledge that he has a wonderful family and great family friends like your family. HIS family also know how much we all respected and admired him.

Offline Shaneus

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2015, 11:53:03 PM »
We all celebrated Greg's life today. There was so much more to him than just the pinball stuff. His immediate family treated us as if we were not just his pinball family, but also part of his family. We were proud of the fact that his family NOW know how important he was for the pinball community, and how close his friends were to him. Thanks to all the pinball guys that turned up, the calls and the messages.

His prized Scared Stiff was set up in the Chapel, and provided all with some funny moments, as the attract mode call outs happened throughout the eulogies.

The family wish to pass on their thanks for everything the Pinball community have done - the well wishes and the tributes. It has helped them through a rough time in their lives. Every single message helped.

Greg was so many things to so many of us. He left us too soon. But today was a big step in the healing process.
Sounds like a wonderful celebration of his life. I can only hope that one of the random attract mode callouts from Scared Stiff was "Wake me up when you're done!". I think it would've suited his humour perfectly... though maybe having a Scared Stiff machine with coffins and such on it was humour enough :)

Offline Pinballace

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #102 on: March 08, 2015, 04:05:51 AM »

Sounds like a wonderful celebration of his life. I can only hope that one of the random attract mode callouts from Scared Stiff was "Wake me up when you're done!". I think it would've suited his humour perfectly... though maybe having a Scared Stiff machine with coffins and such on it was humour enough :)

It really was a good celebration, his immediate family had no idea how much Greg meant to the pinball community.  They were so grateful to learn that Greg was such a pivotal person to so many people and it did a lot for them emotionally to see how many of us turned up because we truly cared for Greg.  The ones that helped the his family organize things in their time of need was fantastic, it was an amazing thing to see how much they did and did it from the heart.  The pinball family was grateful to meet his family and other friends as they were as warm and gracious as can be.  The place was packed, I don't know if there was an empty seat in the chapel.  Now the healing begins and the process to carry Greg's legacy forward gets started.
The ramp business was very very good to me.