Author Topic: Now THIS is a car built for speed!  (Read 8156 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Now THIS is a car built for speed!
« on: March 01, 2015, 10:06:06 PM »
Spent the day down at the Clipsal 500 today and the organisers had one of the new Ferrari supercars set up on display in the corporate section. In between complimentary food and drink and enjoying the race I strolled over to have a look (and maybe put my name down on the waiting list for one  %$%).

This is a LaFerrari model which is currently in production and limited to 499 vehicles worldwide. Base price is about $1.5 million US – but when you add in Aussie luxury car tax of 33%, GST of 10% and import duty of 5% there wouldn’t be much change from $3million! Besides the hefty price tag, Ferrari HQ have also listed a plethora of other arbitrary requirements for any prospective buyers.

The lines on this are ultra smooth and the performance specs are amazing. I am a Ferrari fan from way back and would love to add this horse to the stable!

Given the low production numbers Ferrari HQ weren’t taking any chances on this unit though – they have temporarily disabled the engine before if got shipped out here for insurance purposes so it has to be manually moved around whenever it needs to be loaded and transported around the country.

Pics and specs - enjoy!  ^^^

« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:31:46 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Now THIS is a car built for speed!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:36:02 PM »
I spent all day Sunday wondering where my red car had gone to.
Thankyou for finding it for me.  %$%
I will have to park it back next to the F-18 SuperHornet Fighter Jet I picked up last week. Lol

Cool photos. Well done.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »
I think if you want to own a Ferrari of this calibre you need a set of these!  #*#

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 09:42:39 PM »
Wow just a cool $3 million so what your saying is if I sell my car 600 times over I can buy one sweet

Offline howzat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 10:09:24 PM »
Now thats what I call a car    wow

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2015, 12:12:23 AM »
Ferrari steel balls ! Cool.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2015, 08:11:20 AM »
Ferrari steel balls ! Cool.
Look like Stern balls but probably $1000 each.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 11:22:12 PM »
Think laterally, not literally lads.  %.%

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2015, 11:34:48 PM »
Not bad but that new GT being released by ford is one super-car I would love to own  *%*

« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:37:18 PM by guyricho »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2015, 11:48:28 PM »
^

Going to be assembled in Canada, isn't it?

What are the specs on it?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 01:00:09 AM »
That Blue Oval blue car looks awesome.
I am glad they did it in Ford Blue because red would have made me think it was just another red Ferrari.

One of the BEST Supercars which still remains a weapon from the 1960,s was the original race car GT-40.
I went for a ride in one on the Gold Coast down the freeway and the low to the ground racing position was unreal.
It was an original and not a replica. It was worth crazy money and the owner was almost 70 yrs of age but he still drove it like he stole it. Lol

That Blue Ford looks great. Well done Ford.

Would be good to see it in Australia maybe oneday. ?

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 02:55:53 AM »
That Blue Oval blue car looks awesome.
I am glad they did it in Ford Blue because red would have made me think it was just another red Ferrari.

One of the BEST Supercars which still remains a weapon from the 1960,s was the original race car GT-40.
I went for a ride in one on the Gold Coast down the freeway and the low to the ground racing position was unreal.
It was an original and not a replica. It was worth crazy money and the owner was almost 70 yrs of age but he still drove it like he stole it. Lol

That Blue Ford looks great. Well done Ford.

Would be good to see it in Australia maybe oneday. ?

Bowden owns the original one in Australia
He has the Biggest and best car collection in Australia

The specs on this are
Carbon body, Aluminum sub frame.
They are promising one of the biggest power to weight ratio of any Supercar to date.

It runs a super modified 3.5 litre Twin Turbo V6 mid mount engine.
Now you might be thinking v6 WTF?
Well its pumping out over 600 Rear wheel HP and some crazy amount of torque in a car weighs next to nothing.
also has a 7 speed Duel clutch Transmission.

There is no driving assist, no hybrid componentry, no kinetic-energy recovery system like most super cars have that make it easier to drive
So it might make it a little difficult for the regular yuppy to drive compared to the Ferrari's and so on.  &&
It will be straight out raw power to the wheels in a light mid mount RWD that you can either handle or you cant  !*!

It is purpose built and ford will be taking it to race in Le Mans in 2016

I dont know the top speed as I dont think they have released those details

The styling between the Ferrari above and the Ford Gt is very Similar in many aspects and i must admit that Ferrari is certainly nicer than some of the others made.
Id look twice at it

Regards Rich
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:19:03 AM by guyricho »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 03:25:14 AM »
The specs are decent for a V6, but most cashed up bogans aren't going to get within spitting distance of one of these blue bombers, let alone behind the wheel of one.

Even if they did, they would just blame their poor driver handling on the tyres.  &&

PS: Bowden has the biggest PUBLICISED car collection in Australia. Selling car care kits in exchange for entry to his shed speaks for itself.

Most top end car collectors in Australia don't act in this way and tend to stay private and avoid undue publicity.

Offline guyricho

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 03:40:40 AM »

The specs are decent for a V6, but most cashed up bogans aren't going to get within spitting distance of one of these blue bombers, let alone behind the wheel of one.

Even if they did, they would just blame their poor driver handling on the tyres.  &&

PS: Bowden has the biggest PUBLICISED car collection in Australia. Selling car care kits in exchange for entry to his shed speaks for itself.

Most top end car collectors in Australia don't act in this way and tend to stay private and avoid undue publicity.

that is true about cashed up bogans but its a shit load cheaper than the Ferrari. $220k they are saying
But there are plenty of guys like J Leno and few others that are apparently fighting over the first one off the line.
It will sell nicely and its nice seeing guys like ford building pure cars designed to be driven hard.

As for Bowden, I personally think its bloody important to keep car History seen and in the open not locked up in some guys Garage.
Im not sure if you have seen his collection in person but its amazing and should be seen not hidden.

He doesn't just have bunch of exotics he has a collection of Race car history which every one can enjoy on the open days and club meetings.
He also has cars sitting all the way around Australia on loan to multiple car museums for every one to enjoy

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:50:50 AM by guyricho »

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 04:03:24 AM »

that is true about cashed up bogans
But there are plenty of guys like J Leno and few others that are apparently fighting over the first one off the line.
It will sell nicely and its nice seeing guys like ford building pure cars designed to be driven hard.

As for Bowden, I personally think its bloody important to keep car History seen and in the open not locked up in some guys Garage.
Im not sure if you have seen his collection in person but its amazing and should be seen not hidden.

He doesn't just have bunch of exotics he has a collection of Race car history which every one can enjoy on the open days and club meetings.
He also has cars sitting all the way around Australia on loan to multiple car museums for every one to enjoy

Maybe they operate on a different set of personal values and morals up there, but most fellow car collectors I have spoken with disagree with the methods he is using. That is not to say our sheds are locked up and the cars never see the light of day. We have loaned cars to places for example like the Birdwood Motor Museum here in SA on several occasions with the only stipulation being that the owner is not mentioned in the des.c.r.i.p.tive plaque accompanying the vehicle as it serves no purpose other than gratuitous self promotion.

As for asking for money in exchange for something as simple as entry to a collection on private property - it wouldn't even be considered.

Imagine if that mindset were adopted by the pinball community and the reaction it would receive!

I said this about my pinball collection and I will say the same about our car collection. The door is always open to AP.