Author Topic: RTBB Payment Options etc..  (Read 8404 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
RTBB Payment Options etc..
« on: July 08, 2015, 11:51:05 AM »
I'd like to address a few questions we are asked often ;

"why don't you accept Paypal".

The answer to that is on the RTBB website under the "Payment and Shipping Terms" page ;

"We also accept payments through PayPal ***( buyer pays all fees) (sent to paypal@rtbb.com.au)."

So buyers can use Paypal - as long as the buyer pays the fees. How do most business' recover the Paypal fees ? They raise prices or add "handling Fees". We won't do that. Most customers still use Direct Deposits, so it would be unfair to do that to them. These days, Direct Deposits can happen within hours.

"Can I drop in and order parts"

No. We are not a shopfront and we allocate a certain number of hours for parts picking, packing, banking, re ordering and posting.

"Can I pick up the parts"

Yes. Once we have picked your parts, you can pick them up and pay COD. You need to call in advance to organize a time.

Where are you located ?

Unit 6, 24 Brand Drive Thomastown 3074
Phone - (03) 90425044
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Re: RTBB Payment Options etc..
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »
Yay - PayPus!!

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 12:26:08 PM »
What about credit cards?

It does not cost much to operate

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 01:18:44 PM »
Yay - PayPus!!

Thought you might like that !

The FIRST Paypal issue and we will remove it as a payment option. Having said that, we have had only one issue where a customer "paid" us via DD but it never arrived. The convenient screen capture had their banking info - but not ours !

What about credit cards?

It does not cost much to operate

EFTPOS and CC - Maybe. There's a lot involved and at this point we want to keep RTBB running the same as it was before without complicating it with more options. They are good for the customer, but at this point, RTBB is almost a full time job and "when" it grows we will look at modernizing the website and streamlining the payment side of things.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 01:33:54 PM »
I doubt you will have any issues with Australian/New Zealand buyers using PayPus - I never have.

It's impatient overseas buyers who think the items will magically transport themselves into their postbox within a few days. When they don't a PayPus dispute is initiated (usually with no consultation to me) and this process is actually encouraged and recommended by PayPus themselves and I see that as part of the problem. Some logic should come in at this point and PayPus should not even allow a dispute to be raised for (say) 30 days after purchase.

The main problem is, to respond to a dispute is very time consuming as well as annoying and in almost all cases completely unnecessary.

Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Toads

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 01:50:33 PM »
I can't believe I'm going to say this Nino but will Mikes balls appear on the RTBB site?

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 02:05:48 PM »
Mike's Balls have arrived at RTBB via Tony in QLD. You can purchase before they are loaded on to the RTBB website - I just need to confirm the sales price.

His balls arrived in neat little boxes of eight with a cloth.  %$%

I can't believe I'm going to say this Nino but will Mikes balls appear on the RTBB site?

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2015, 07:40:47 PM »
Nino, just an opinion, but given I want RTBB to smash the Oz competitors, I think credit card payment would be worth exploring. I do understand you not wanting to complicate things though.
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2015, 08:20:37 PM »
Nino, just an opinion, but given I want RTBB to smash the Oz competitors, I think credit card payment would be worth exploring. I do understand you not wanting to complicate things though.

We opened the door for paypal, but CC will be another overhead that will create even more of a backlog for me. The amount of time picking, packing, banking and posting is only one side of the coin. There's the hours of keeping stock levels up, ordering parts, talking to suppliers that want RTBB to distribute their products. It all adds up. I need to keep focused on the pinball restoration side of my business. Hiring more people is not the answer - I wanted to do this because I enjoy it. I don't want to grow it into a corporation - I just want fair prices and happy customers !

With direct Deposits - the same bank = same day. Paypal and CC can introduce fraud. That's something I don't want to deal with !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 07:17:48 PM »
Nino, some very honest feedback.

I never used RTBB in the past because it did not offer credit card or PayPal.
Any business in 2015 must be modernised or you will lose business hand over foot.

Secondly, after running my own business for the past 25 years and turning over millions of dollars per annum in the good years, my advice is that you MUST hire staff and grow for both RTBB and your Aust Pinball Restoration business because being a one man band in any business is a recipe for disaster in both efficiency and profit as well as gross turnover. Letting go and getting in help, contractor paid or salary will be an instant smart decision the moment you do it. Then u will say it was the best decision or decisions you ever made.

Start by getting a contractor in a few days a week then move to full time employment.
Delegating and teaming up is the most successful way to keep a business alive and growing.

I can only speak from 25 years of running my own businesses in highly competitive environments and being profitable and at the top of the game cause I took advice from people who had more experience than me in the early years.

I hope to see your two businesses succeed.
I never had a backlog and I never turned away a customer from day one cause I took the plunge and trusted others to work with and for me.

Staff will fix all your issues.
If I didn't think my advice wasn't helpful to anyone starting out in business I wouldn't be sincerely offering what I feel is honest advice or feedback. Hope it helps.
For the record, I am proud of what you have already achieved with APR and RTBB. Well done mate.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2015, 07:27:21 PM »
but Nino is happy the way he is

Offline Gruntis

• Forum Posts:
  • Wollongong, NSW
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2015, 07:37:13 PM »
I like the way you're running things Nino  ^^^
Great prices and even better service, you don't need anything else to bring in the customers.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2015, 09:24:37 PM »
Nino, some very honest feedback.

I never used RTBB in the past because it did not offer credit card or PayPal.
Any business in 2015 must be modernised or you will lose business hand over foot.

Secondly, after running my own business for the past 25 years and turning over millions of dollars per annum in the good years, my advice is that you MUST hire staff and grow for both RTBB and your Aust Pinball Restoration business because being a one man band in any business is a recipe for disaster in both efficiency and profit as well as gross turnover. Letting go and getting in help, contractor paid or salary will be an instant smart decision the moment you do it. Then u will say it was the best decision or decisions you ever made.

Start by getting a contractor in a few days a week then move to full time employment.
Delegating and teaming up is the most successful way to keep a business alive and growing.

I can only speak from 25 years of running my own businesses in highly competitive environments and being profitable and at the top of the game cause I took advice from people who had more experience than me in the early years.

I hope to see your two businesses succeed.
I never had a backlog and I never turned away a customer from day one cause I took the plunge and trusted others to work with and for me.

Staff will fix all your issues.
If I didn't think my advice wasn't helpful to anyone starting out in business I wouldn't be sincerely offering what I feel is honest advice or feedback. Hope it helps.
For the record, I am proud of what you have already achieved with APR and RTBB. Well done mate.

Where do I start ?

Money is no measure of success, unless you are driven by greed or ego.

The largest pinball parts supplier on the planet does not offer Paypal or Credit Card. They don't seem to be disadvantaged in any way.
I can't be losing business as every month just keeps getting better. There has been a steady increase in order and new customers. The most respected dealers, restorers and hobbyists buy from RTBB. That means more to me than profits.

I think you entirely miss the business model I have adopted. I'm not interested in turning over billions, I'm not interested in becoming an ego driven and self promoting pinball personality. My closest pinball friends know my financial situation. I don't need to big note myself or grow either business to earn respect. I measure my success on the completed machines, the genuine parts we supply, and the smile on the face of the pinball collector.

APR will not employ another pinball restorer. That will never happen. The moment I do that, I'm just another dealer - and I've been avoiding that stigmata since I started. You know what, I constantly have currently employed techs at other business' asking to work for me. I'm not interested in growing APR or RTBB. I worked for 24 years in a highly technical IT role at the height of the IT boom. I've put all that back into APR and RTBB. When you enter my building, EVERYTHING not owned by customers is owned by me.

I will run APR the way that is working for me - Yes - I'm behind - I have well over 4 years of CUSTOMER restoration work - You know what - people WILL wait.
I will run RTBB the way Greg ran it - with honesty and integrity - and providing the pinball community with genuine product and realistic prices.

My customers (RTBB and APR) are happy. We have business relationships with the best people in the industry. That's what makes me happy.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2015, 09:39:22 PM »
Nicely stated Strangeways.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline turbo27

• Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2015, 09:45:04 PM »
Elegantly stated Nino, ^^^

How to run your business by XYZ...oh wait its yours, run it how you like!

BTW have an order coming soon, and hope you still have a few packs of 'Mikes balls' left.