Author Topic: Stern KISS LE #395 Unboxing  (Read 11553 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern KISS LE #395 Unboxing
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 04:24:31 AM »
If you had a Kiss Pro to keep Nino, would you add the red trim and do u think it would be a massive visual n cheap improvement ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 11:54:01 PM »
Looks good mate glad you got one wouldn't be to many people who can say they have unboxed one of each kiss new and old.  Was hoping to have to deliver it to you but sadly not :(

Offline dealers choice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2015, 08:11:47 AM »
Great pics Nino, thanks for sharing. How's your p/field holding up after playing a few games. My mates had already got dimples in it after only 6 to 8 games. Also mirror blades look great on this title, well worth installing.
Enjoy your new machine.  @@*
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 11:37:39 AM »
Great pics Nino, thanks for sharing. How's your p/field holding up after playing a few games. My mates had already got dimples in it after only 6 to 8 games. Also mirror blades look great on this title, well worth installing.
Enjoy your new machine.  @@*

All Sterns have some degree of dimpling. Mine has some, but nowhere near TWD LE. I've had over 50 games and I can count one or two. That's to be expected. The clear looks completely different - but I know it is the same product, but it has more a mirror finish than orange peel.

I do have this black crap on the balls and the playfield. I think it is from the spinning disk pad. Both machines have it.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2015, 11:43:53 AM »
I should also mention that after 50 games, this machine is absolutely an amazing player. Just take the theme out of the equation (for the non KISS fans) - the game is so different from TWD. TWD is "stop and start", wait 10 minutes for the pops to finish after the skillshot. KISS just FLOWS FAST. Very hectic game. I'm so happy there are NO MAGNETS ! Demon multiball is amazing - the light show sets the mood for the game. I just hope the balls thrown out of Gene's head can be pointed to the flippers rather SDTM. Very annoying when you lose time far the balls to be re launched !

VERY pleased I bought this game.

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2015, 08:35:48 PM »
Thanks Nino for a chance to play a game. Great flow and shots feel sweet when you make them. First ball was disappointing, (thanks Nino for leaning the manual on the tilt mech  %.%). After that a dream play. Left ramp shot nice and smooth, right ramp dunno, couldn't make it, star chamber tough but you feel like a champ when you repeatedly make it, demon multiball looks great all lit red.

You gotta be proud to own such a beast. Very envious of you, but also happy for you  ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2015, 10:23:44 PM »
Forgot to mention, the game is really well lit and great lighting features. One thing stern has nailed is pf lighting with leds
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2015, 06:47:59 PM »
Very nice Nino, thanks for sharing the unboxing pics. The game looks great, nothing beats new pin day.  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2015, 04:30:03 PM »
It has come to my attention, that certain fledgling business have a vested interest in the Stern NIB pinball machines that resided in my factory at the time of the unboxing. Some of us promote the hobby and help each other out, while others spend their energy creating incredible stories which are not based on facts.

Business must be slow.. ::)

Here are the facts ;

1) In the first picture, you clearly see MY PERSONAL KISS LE - SN:E253888 - Denoted as #395. It is currently located at my residence.
2) In the left foreground, is a KISS Pro purchased by a customer that was shipped to my factory to store - SN:E254569
3) Directly behind that game, is a TWD Pro purchased by a customer that was shipped to my factory to store - SN:E250600
4) Behind both these machines is another KISS LE that was sent to me to store for a week for a customer (don't have that box - Game picked up)
5) Against the wall is the box for AC/DC LUCI SN:E245202 - Owned by the late Greg Berry.
6) Against the wall and on top of the LUCI is the box for TWD LE SN:E249662 - Owned by the late Greg Berry.

Clearly, there are only SIX (6) Stern boxes, and only TWO (2) are KISS LE's.

Just to set the record straight - There has NEVER been a "secret stash" of KISS LE's in my factory. I OFFERED my factory space to HOLD games, and the customers were able to pick up their respective games when it suited them. It was convenient to utilize my storage until they arranged pickup. I know that providing a FREE and SECURE facility to help other pinheads out is foreign to certain industry heavyweights.

On a personal note - this thread was SUPPOSED to be about my KISS LE and my son. Ironic that it is always the SAME individuals that the truth catches up with, time and time again..

It is true what they say, a leopard never changes its spots and an Elephant never forgets.

Offline Toads

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Shepparton Vic
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 04:59:19 PM »
Nino was kind enough to offer me storage of my kiss LE for a week or so and I have thanked Nino for helping me. It's really nobody else's business apart from Nino and the person he is trying to help out. I don't know what you have heard Nino, but it sounds like porky pies to me.

I hope you AND your son are enjoying your LE.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2015, 09:08:27 PM »
Nino was kind enough to offer me storage of my kiss LE for a week or so and I have thanked Nino for helping me. It's really nobody else's business apart from Nino and the person he is trying to help out. I don't know what you have heard Nino, but it sounds like porky pies to me.

I hope you AND your son are enjoying your LE.

I was accused of "buying several KISS LE's" and that I'm obviously selling them to the public. In fact, I'm "supposed" to have a DOUBLE FIGURE amount of KISS LE's. I've looked EVERYWHERE, and I can't find them. My earlier post has served it purpose. The internet can be a wonderful tool in exposing people who simply must have nothing better to do than make stuff up. Clear as day, there are not 10+ KISS LE's in that photo..

I love playing my LE - awesome game. No worries about storing your game. I will continue to do it for friends and customers, much to the disappointment of certain individuals.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 12:46:20 AM »
Ignore the trolls, there will always be people who are envious of your success

glad to know you are enjoying your KISS