Author Topic: camper or pop up  (Read 8975 times)

Offline rustalan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: camper or pop up
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »
Using a VE Ute 2 adults 2 small dogs, sealed rds c/van parks.
After we've been in Townsville a bit will look at further needs, but thats good advice.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2015, 04:46:30 PM »
A good idea to work out your total towed weight is to pop down the local tip and put your car and trailer with everything in it across the weigh bridge, then drop everything back at home unloaded then reweigh the car by itself to work out exactly the weight of what you are towing.

Swinksy said advice is spot on, u have to know exactly what everything weighs once all loaded up.
Electric brakes on any trailer is a must in my opinion and I purchased a 2,000 kg tow bar set up.
You can go cheaper at a 1600kg set up for a Ford but the larger capacity tow set up was only an extra $150. Best to be safe and get a higher capacity tow bar set up than be sorry if u go over which would be unsafe and illegal.

The camper trailer set up I have picked takes 15 to 30 minutes to fully set up if u were taking your time by yourself.
There are some amazing designs out there these days. I think Australia leads the way with trailer campers because of our unique country. Some people like to tow massively heavy caravans but that's not for me.
The new light weight set ups are the answer these days to keep fuel costs down and the lighter the product, the easier it is to tow although any Ford 6 or 8 easily toes 2 tonnes and you can barely feel it on the back because the good old Fords n Holdens have massive torque designed just for towing.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: camper or pop up update
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2016, 09:31:19 AM »
Have now sold the house in Melbourne and renting it back from the new owners.
Have bought a 2015 Jayco Flamingo with A/C and a few other extra,s 2nd hand.
Bought a MY16 Triton 4WD twin cab with extra's, was a demo so a good price.
Flying up to Townsville to Buy a house when my Neurologist appointment is done (suffering from Micro Strokes).
Will rent it out for a while till I retire (within 12 to 18mths I hope).  :lol
Will Hire a 20' container from the wharf costs around $5000 this includes drop at home for me to load pinnies and other less important stuff like furniture.
 Pick  up and rail transport to Townsville, Drop off at the new house, pick up of empty container. This also includes 6months rental if needed.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 09:37:42 AM by rustalan »

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2016, 02:28:19 PM »
Good to hear it worked out for you, rustalan and smart move on the purchase of the AC unit.

Post some pics if you have the time. Always good to look at real pics of camper trailers/caravan puchases.

Offline robm

• Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re:
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2016, 04:29:09 PM »
I would be hesitant to leave the machines locked in a container for months here in Townsville, along with other household furniture. You may open it up to find mould on the lounge suite..

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2016, 08:56:48 PM »
Did you colour coordinate it to the car?
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2016, 11:32:07 PM »

The van is a stock picture, Mine has external speakers as well as 12 and 240v outlets outside. Gas and water outlets  on the drawbar. Electric jockey wheel and a 200w solar panel. Deep cycle battery. Bed end flys, Awning and walls if so desired.
The triton extras that came with it being a demo are the Wheels, heavy duty tow bar, ute liner, tannu cover, reversing camera, Red arc electric brakes, tinted windows.
The container, wont be storing for any length of time. The 6months rental just comes with the hire if needed.

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2016, 11:45:49 PM »

This is an interior pic of an older model but very similar. Has queen bed 1 end double the other and the table makes another double.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:47:47 PM by rustalan »

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 11:50:45 PM »
Very nice well done and good luck with the move   ^^^
Still loving my Metallica Premium